Celtic V Qarabag - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic V Qarabag

Good performance by Celtic defensively, were pressing quite high up the park which stopped quarabag getting too many bodies forward.

Should have killed the game off with one of their counter attacks, fortunately didn't cost them.

Have to ask...

WTF was Scott Brown upto at the end? Looked like he was itching for a fight!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unseeded teams will probably be APOEL Nicosia, BATE Borisov (2-1 up on agg and opponents down to 10 men), Dinamo Zagreb, FK Astana and Skenderbeu. The last 2 would be the preferred draw, Kazakhstan or Albania.

Having watched Molde v Dinamo Zagreb last night, you would prefer Zagreb over those two, trust me.

Molde committed suicide by missing two out of three penalties and giving away three goals in 5 minutes in the first half, and having a man clumsily sent off when going well in the second half. Zagreb were hanging on against 10 men for the last 10 minutes. Zagreb no great shakes as a team, but much easier to get to than either Astana or Korce (the latter would entail a three hour coach journey from Tirana).

Edited by Barney Rubble

You must be blind. Players were throwing themselves all over the place and he bought every one of them. The worst when GMS got in front of the man and toed the ball on, player threw himself and ref bought it straight away. Absolutely awful and didn't let the game flow at all.

He hardly gave any fouls, despite Celtic players chucking themselves to the ground. I thought he was good.

Yes

Basel, Plzen, Salzburg, Steaua and Celtic are the seeded sides at the moment.

Unseeded teams will probably be APOEL Nicosia, BATE Borisov (2-1 up on agg and opponents down to 10 men), Dinamo Zagreb, FK Astana and Skenderbeu. The last 2 would be the preferred draw, Kazakhstan or Albania.

Thats Salzburg and Steaua just been emptied out so APOEL and BATE become seeded sides and Partizan Belgrade and Malmo come into the unseeded pot.

Thats Salzburg and Steaua just been emptied out so APOEL and BATE become seeded sides and Partizan Belgrade and Malmo come into the unseeded pot.

Watched the Partizan game, and that was a very impressive comeback from 2-1 down. Celtic would do best to avoid them.

And thats Plzen just been emptied by Maccabi Tel Aviv. So Dinamo Zagreb now become a seed and MTA are in the unseeded pot.

Seeds

Basel

Celtic

APOEL

BATE

D Zagreb

Unseeded

MTA

Skenderbeu

Astana

Malmo

Partizan

Ref letting lots of challenges go. Makes things much better!

Anyway, more importantly - Ormond, are you a farmer in the States? Tractor pictures please!!!

:lol: Never been near a tractor in my life. That Killie shite is at the wind up. I'm a decorator. I've been that near on 20 years now.

Only seen the last thirty minutes. A good result for Celtic. Maybe too early in the season and so on, but not sure how well they'll do if they get through to the group stages.

I hope I'm wrong, but James Forrest doesn't seem to be progressing at all. Too slight, and without sounding like a cliched 'up the park, passion etc' he goes down far too easily without battling on. End ball too, not good enough. Has pace though.

Ciftci is probably SPL level at best. The SPL version of Harry Kane? Half a season wonder? Maybe harsh, and we'll soon see, but these last few games in Europe he's looked well out of his depth against Icelandic and Azeri opposition. Let's see what happens though.

Qarabag didn't look great either. Celtic deserved to go through and if they nicked a goal to put it to extra time would have be incredibly harsh on Celtic, so job done for the Hoops, but not sure how they'll fare against an average-decent team Basel, CSKA, Dontesk.

WTF was Scott Brown upto at the end? Looked like he was itching for a fight!

Haha, I was thinking that too. I couldn't keep my eyes off him.

Was even pumping up his team mates - fist pumping/eyes bulging high 5s with the rather placid 'Yeah, great man' Lustig was quite funny though.

Then before it cut off, looked unhappy and avoided the handshake of a Qarabag player.

Mad casual.

Away home; 80 degree heat; rank rotten pitch; a poor referee; and Celtic comfortably defensively all night. Italian teams put in displays like that all the time in such circumstances and grind out nil-nils and one-nils. Whatever you were looking for am not sure it is based on reality.

*Away from home

Both teams had to play on the pitch so that excuse is shite,and they struggled to beat them on a good pitch last week. The heat aye fair enough would make it more difficult but professional athletes should be able to handle it. They defended OK with not too much to deal with, but realistically a good team will beat them comfortably.