Forsyth - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Forsyth

Dillinger

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No we dont. That is the point here. I am not saying Forsyth is great but he is among the best we have got. I think Strachan has to shoulder some of the blame for yesterday's poor first half as we looked disjoined and that had fanny all to do with Forsyth playing. Anya should have started - we missed him and it showed.

The same Whittaker lambasted on here after previous matches?

Not lambasted by all

In this instance I would have played him, he was on a high after the playoff win for Norwich and he played well that day.

Vandervaark I agree I would have started Whittaker but I am thinking more of other alternatives not in the squad. We have jad Bardsley but evidently Strachan doesn't rate him.

Left back is a problem but at least Robertson has potential, right back is a far bigger problem.

The whole team were poor including Brown and Naismith and theyve been our most reliable performers recently.

Forsyth was out of his depth and Whittaker would have been a far better choice. He can defend fine when he's told to concentrate on that instead of bombing on.

Hutton defies belief in the number of caps he's got. But do we have real, quality options?

I agree that brown has been reliable of late, but Naismith only has a decent game once in a while and that seems to cement his place in the team,

He is awful. Having a soft spot for Derby I watch all their games when shown on telly and have seen him play a in the flesh a good few times. That today is his usual, certainly in the last 12 months. The derby season ticket holders I know detest him. Think he is a liability. He showed why today. To give the ball away, under pressure and under no pressure into such dangerous positions so many times was criminal. Shouldn't have started. Several other options. His first half performance should've meant he never came back out. He slightly improved in the second half but even then he was below average and was exposed as being our big weak link. Good result but Forsyth and Ritchie decisions nearly cost us. Thankfully strachan seen the Ritchie mistake and Anya made the impact which brought us the point. I can't see for the life of me why he never seen the Forsyth one. Strachan's poorest performance/selection of this campaign but he has been so good for us he is allowed a mistake or two in this case.

My mate has had a Derby season ticket for years..

Tells me Forsyth prefers to bomb forward when he can. also dosent rate him as an international but as for detesting the guy dont know where that comes from...

My mate has had a Derby season ticket for years..

Tells me Forsyth prefers to bomb forward when he can. also dosent rate him as an international but as for detesting the guy dont know where that comes from...

It comes from Derby season ticket holders I know and also from the games I've been to this season. Their thoughts are probably based on performances like yesterday. No harm to the guy. He obviously wants to do his best for us but he is hopelessly out his depth. Not his fault, just the reality of the situation.

Forsyth has only been playing as a full back for a couple of seasons. When he was at Watford he was mostly a wing back or a winger. I think he was a more attacking player at Dundee as well.For me he's about fourth choice but if he's selected we get behind him.

Forsyth has only been playing as a full back for a couple of seasons. When he was at Watford he was mostly a wing back or a winger. I think he was a more attacking player at Dundee as well.For me he's about fourth choice but if he's selected we get behind him.

The bit it bold says it all.

I've just watched the game for the first time and he gave the ball away so many times, sometimes under no pressure whatsoever.

Hutton seems to deteriorate every time I see him, what I found interesting was that my brother watched the game with me and said exactly the same thing having not seen Hutton play for longer than me. Even in the few times he has contributed recently with runs forward or defending his passing is usually atrocious and gets us into a backtracking panic.

Naismith looked up for it to me but saw little of the ball in the first half, he needs to stop falling over and being muscle off the ball so easily. I was hoping he'd get into positions like he did against Qatar but score instead of miss his chances but it never happened for him.

If Bardsley is fit I don't know why he isn't in the squad, seems solid and reliable enough to me. Physical presence too.

Forsyth was terrible in the first half - his sclaffed attempted clearance while under no pressure was typical of his performance - but he seemed to settle a bit in the second half and did okay.

Hutton was poor all game though. I just wonder if Whittaker would have been a better bet at right-back - I was quite impressed by him in the Championship play-off final.

I also can't understand why Bardsley isn't even in the squad. It's a game of opinions, I guess, and WGS seems to favour other people. So long as the results keep coming it is hard to grudge him that.

It is an odd way to measure a players performance by whether or not they caused us to lose a goal.

Bad day at the office for Forsyth. Wouldn't write him off after one bad performance, but he certainly stood out as being a bit out of his depth.

I have come to the conclusion that some supporters have an old boys club opinion of the Scotland team.

Very suspicious/dubious of new players in the squad akin to a close-knit group at a club when a new member joins. It seems that any new players are largely deemed shite, pish etc etc after one dodgy performance. However, it is fine for the members of that old boys club to play shite and is deemed oddly more acceptable or largely ignored. In many games recently I have seen many of the fans favourites putting in below par/crap performances but never do we get a whole thread dedicated to them about it. Why? After all more should be expected of those with far more experience rather than say Forsyth who was winning his 4th cap yesterday so nerves were bound to be there.

My motto is everyone in the dark blue jersey are worthy of our support and full backing and certainly won't label players shite after one poor showing. Sure people may not want him near our side again on the back of one poor performance but I hate to break it to you - he is among the best we have just now that is available. Sure others are right at the forefront ahead of him but it wouldn't surprise me if he is somewhat of a squad regular now and the same applies to the likes of Ritchie and Griffiths.

People like you are pointless on a message board. It's all very well being a happy clapper but the TAMB is supposed to be for discussing the Scotland team. If someone is absolutely atrocious, we need to be able to discuss it and throw ideas around about alternative tactics.

I'm happy to give someone my backing for the 90 minutes but there's no harm in chatting online about how they performed.

People like you are pointless on a message board. It's all very well being a happy clapper but the TAMB is supposed to be for discussing the Scotland team. If someone is absolutely atrocious, we need to be able to discuss it and throw ideas around about alternative tactics.

I'm happy to give someone my backing for the 90 minutes but there's no harm in chatting online about how they performed.

No not a happy clapper. I have criticised players before on here plenty of times. It is when blokes winning their 4th cap and starting their biggest match probably of their career showing nerves gets slated just seems OTT to me. I watched virtually all of our team barring Martin and Mulgrew play crap in that first half yesterday so surely we should expect much more from those that are seen as heroes here - your Browns and Naismiths of the team plus they are more experienced.

just watched the highlights again - i blame Hutton totally for the goal - no attempt at header that led to the corner ; Marshall having to tip it over

- then slow reacting to Walters at the goal ; even allowing for the offside , it was his man by looks of it

he is past his sell by date at international level