Premiership Play Off Final ' Well V Gers - Page 15 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Premiership Play Off Final ' Well V Gers

Guest faircity

Its set up perfectly for another Motherwell romp at the weekend, though im sure Motherwell fans wont be so confident.

Rangers are team of brainless buffoons, everyone could see that Motherwell were murdering them on the counter, yet still Rangers seemed happy to keep a defensive line deep in their own half when they were attacking. Barraclough couldnt have wished for a more accommodating opponent.

Now Rangers have to go for it and they will simply get picked off again as they know no better. Their only route of attack seems to be lumping balls into the box, which is fine against carpet fitters, parking attendants and scaffold erectors, but against a team who vaguely know how to defend they are simply ####ed.

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually though McGregor was one of Rangers better players tonight, he will be huge loss on Sunday from an already fragile defence. I refuse to accept this is over, we absolutely have to score on Sunday to finish it.

Player for player we looked better, hungrier and made the right choices 90% of the time. Baraclough got his tactics spot on and we were murdering Rangers on the break until we ran out of steam.

Diidn't see the game last night, very surprised when I heard the result. My initial thought is that if Rangers get an early goal in the second-leg then it could still be tight, but then again Motherwell will fancy their chances of a goal or two against such a clueless defence. Not sure McCall has worked out how to organise this lot to go out and attack, clearly happier at stopping the other side playing (or trying too). Motherwell scarf looked out for the weekend.

Our performance sums of the last few years. We are simply incapable of handling teams who are set up to catch us on the counter attack. For long periods we had possession but Motherwell were far more convincing in their link up play. I think we will win on Sunday but not by enough to see us through. This should herald a new vision for Rangers. In the absence of top flight football fans and owners alike have to think long term. We had that chance three years ago and blew it . We can't afford to blow it this time.

Edited by EddardStark

Well, that was pish. Out ran, out fought and out played. That's the first time I've seen McCoist's team playing for McCall. While I obviously wanted us to go up, another season in the Championship might not be the worst thing for us as I'd rather see us challenging at the top (hopefully!) than getting spanked every week which, on that showing, is what would happen. On a personal note, bit of and of an era for me last night. Having just bought a house I could only really justify renewing my ticket if we went up so last night was my last in my seat after close to 25 years. Not exactly the best way to go out!

I sat down to watch it, looking forward to laughing at 'Well. As the game progressed, i realised it's always more fun laughing at Rangers. :)

Well done to 'Well, i really didn't know they had that in them.

Only saw the end of the game and it's all a bit bizarre. Was listening to the opening 20 minutes and the radio pundits were full of how well rangers had started and how poor Motherwell were. Was shock when I saw the score later.

Only saw the end of the game and it's all a bit bizarre. Was listening to the opening 20 minutes and the radio pundits were full of how well rangers had started and how poor Motherwell were. Was shock when I saw the score later.

First 15 minutes or so I thought Motherwell were in for a humping, punting long and sitting deep in their own half.

The opener was completely against the run of play. It seemed to give 'Well confidence to actually try and play football after it. Prior to the goal all they'd done is punt long, aimless clearances up the pitch.

Fair assessment at that time tbh.

Motherwell were oot on their arse in the last 15 minutes. If Rangers had got a 2nd goal they might well have won 4-3.

wolf_wall_street2.jpg

Donald walking into his ger filled office today :lol:

Haha but seriously it really is only half time and anyone could beat Motherwell 2-0 at Fir Park. Quick red card and penalty could see to that...

If anything I'm more nervous about Sunday now although surely we can score again against them?

Edited by Donaldo87

If anything I'm more nervous about Sunday now although surely we can score again against them?

I can understand that. Being favourites against Rangers (admittedly a pishy Rangers) is an unusual situation for most clubs to be in.

I wasn't aware of this and it's a wee glimmer of hope but needs to be a big improvement in all areas of the park and really struggle to see how that will happen.

He needs to change the stating XI for Sunday. And I don't just mean bringing in McCulloch for the banned McGregor. I'd actually consider playing McCulloch up front on Sunday. We got plenty of boxes in to the box last night but with Miller and Clark in there that's not the kind of service they're looking for. Jig might have his faults but he does have a presence and he would at least let the Well defence know he was there! The problem with that though is it means Moshni coming back in. I'd also consider starts for Ferguson (if fit enough) and Walsh in place of Shiels and probably Law.

I sat down to watch it, looking forward to laughing at 'Well. As the game progressed, i realised it's always more fun laughing at Rangers. :)

Well done to 'Well, i really didn't know they had that in them.

SECURITY ALERT!

Parklife someone has hacked into your account and are praising Motherwell!!!!

SECURITY ALERT!

Parklife someone has hacked into your account and are praising Motherwell!!!!

:lol:

Someone i follow on twitter last night posted something that made me laugh:

"Currently downgrading Motherwell's hate status from "utterly despise" to "don't like that much"

:lol:

He needs to change the stating XI for Sunday. And I don't just mean bringing in McCulloch for the banned McGregor. I'd actually consider playing McCulloch up front on Sunday. We got plenty of boxes in to the box last night but with Miller and Clark in there that's not the kind of service they're looking for. Jig might have his faults but he does have a presence and he would at least let the Well defence know he was there! The problem with that though is it means Moshni coming back in. I'd also consider starts for Ferguson (if fit enough) and Walsh in place of Shiels and probably Law.

I thought Walsh and Ferguson did quite well and even Boyd added something so there are options though the Moshni one fills me with dread.

I thought Walsh and Ferguson did quite well and even Boyd added something so there are options though the Moshni one fills me with dread.

Aye me too. And despite improving in recent weeks Zaliuskas was awful last night. Our defence is really pish at the moment. Wallace looks about a stone over weight.