N England To Be Part Of Scotland - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

N England To Be Part Of Scotland

People are laughing at this like it is stunt but in fact this has legs.

I would welcome our fellow notherners. Top class idea. I think we would be a very formidable novocountry.

edit

Should Manchester and the north be part of Scotland?
  • YES

67%

• NO

33%

Edited by thplinth

Politically there is some logic to it, although I'm not sure about the cultural implications. The population of "Greater Scotland" would be 75% English. Of course they would then become Scottish-ish, but you're looking at a kind of inverted Act of Union centred on Edinburgh rather than London.

Perhaps the appropriate step is federalism, with England being regionalised?

Don't mind the geordies, scousers and the mancs but that yorkshire lot can feck right off

Sort of agree with you, Yorkshire can feck aff (I don't want my sister in law living in the same country as me), but so can Manckychester, (With the notable exception of Mr Wibbles residence, which would become a self governing enclave), as I fecking really hate that place.

Don't mind the geordies, scousers and the mancs but that yorkshire lot can feck right off

Mancs are alright.

Geordies, Scousers and Yorkshire folk can get ####ed though.

I'd also like to claim Devon & Cornwall aswell.