Transfer Rumours - Page 53 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I agree with this but surely after what has gone before in this episode rangers are now trying to unsettle the player and team?

If you were serious about buying the player then surely a decent bid would be a start?

Especially after Alan Stubbs contacted Warburton personally to say that he is not for sale

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially after Alan Stubbs contacted Warburton personally to say that he is not for sale

He is for sale though, at the right price. Just like every player in Scotland. We are entitled to bid and Hibs are entitled to decline.

I agree with this but surely after what has gone before in this episode rangers are now trying to unsettle the player and team?

If you were serious about buying the player then surely a decent bid would be a start?

We are trying to unsettle him, certainly. Hence why these bids keep getting leaked into the public domain. At best, it's clever of Rangers, at worst, it's a bit sleekit, but it's not uncommon practice.

In a way, I'm pleased that the days of offering an inflated wad of cash just to expedite matters is a thing of the past.

If he's that good how come there's only one team making a bid and that team play in the 2nd league in Scotland?

You could say that about most players who sign for any club in Scotland or anywhere else really.

It's a common tactic and one that's not exclusive to Rangers or Celtic.

Allan is already unsettled. Rangers are perfectly entitled to make as many bids for him as they like. You could question the morals of leaking this information but it's hardly unusual.

I think what Rangers have done is make it more difficult for them to sign Allan. They've backed Hibs in to a position where they simply cannot allow Allan to go to Rangers this summer. If they do, they risk alienating a lot of their fans.

You could say that about most players who sign for any club in Scotland or anywhere else really.

That doesn't answer my question though.

Presumably Sevco see him as a good player but with a low market value so if that's the case why is there only one team in for him?

Surely a good player with a low market value should attract more interest?

Genuine question.

That doesn't answer my question though.

Presumably Sevco see him as a good player but with a low market value so if that's the case why is there only one team in for him?

Surely a good player with a low market value should attract more interest?

Genuine question.

There could be lots of reasons:

1. He's not that good (my opinion)

2. Clubs don't want to take on a player with a perceived attitude problem.

3. He's not proven himself at any level above the Scottish 2nd tier

4. Our main market for our players is England. He's already been to England and failed.

5. Rangers are seeing something in him that others can't

Not really a tactic Rangers (or Celtic) use so much when buying from other Scottish clubs

As I've said earlier they offered 250k for Naisy in 2007. Ended up paying £2m after their 10th or so bid.

They seem to only offer over inflated money to foreign clubs and try and unsettle Rangers supporting Scottish players to get them on cheap.

Always been the case. Hope Allan likes sitting on the bench. At least then he can decide what he's getting in Nabdos after the game.

There could be lots of reasons:

1. He's not that good (my opinion)

2. Clubs don't want to take on a player with a perceived attitude problem.

3. He's not proven himself at any level above the Scottish 2nd tier

4. Our main market for our players is England. He's already been to England and failed.

5. Rangers are seeing something in him that others can't

6. His market value is higher than Rangers are offering, and not a worthwhile gamble for other clubs.

6. His market value is higher than Rangers are offering, and not a worthwhile gamble for other clubs.

I think this is probably closest to the truth.

Rangers want him, but want him cheap. They're gambling that he won't go elsewhere before January and they can get him on a pre-contract then, if he isn't sold now.

As I've said earlier they offered 250k for Naisy in 2007. Ended up paying £2m after their 10th or so bid.

They seem to only offer over inflated money to foreign clubs and try and unsettle Rangers supporting Scottish players to get them on cheap.

Always been the case. Hope Allan likes sitting on the bench. At least then he can decide what he's getting in Nabdos after the game.

I vaguely recall the Naismith saga too.

Although I doubt anyone currently involved at Rangers was involved with the Naismith transfer. So maybe it's just normal negotiations?

I don't know as I don't get involved with that sort of horse trading at my work.

I can't remember the exact terms, but before Motherwell sold james McFadden to Everton for £1.25 million, Celtic apparently offered something like £150k for a season long loan with the option to buy him at the end.

:lol:

I can't remember the exact terms, but before Motherwell sold james McFadden to Everton for £1.25 million, Celtic apparently offered something like £150k for a season long loan with the option to buy him at the end.

:lol:

It can both ways though. Blackpool offered £50k for Garry Kenneth which was knocked back. They then came back with ten times as much and United said they wanted £2m!

Edited by adamntg

I vaguely recall the Naismith saga too.

Although I doubt anyone currently involved at Rangers was involved with the Naismith transfer. So maybe it's just normal negotiations?

I don't know as I don't get involved with that sort of horse trading at my work.

I don't know if it's normal.

We've sold Sammon, Kelly, Bryson etc since then and they've moved fairly swiftly.

Certainly didn't take 10 bids for any of them.

He's not for sale to Rangers. The leaked nature of the bids and the strong stance by Hibs has ensured that.

Weakening Hibs while strengthing Hibs promotion rivals has ensured it. And Rangers are too skint to offer "silly money", so it's closed IMHO.

Promotion is worth more than The The Rangers can possibly offer.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby