Bbc Exit Poll - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right I am friggin' puzzled here. Now if that exit poll is correct then SNP have virtually cleaned up but why? Excuse the ignorance but who are those 50% no voters voting for? If you see what I mean why are they voting SNP who back independence?

The no voters are split between 2/3 parties.

Yes voters seem to almost universally have went for the SNP.

Right I am friggin' puzzled here. Now if that exit poll is correct then SNP have virtually cleaned up but why? Excuse the ignorance but who are those 50% no voters voting for? If you see what I mean why are they voting SNP who back independence?

Their vote is being split amongst the Unionist parties - a split of say 40% SNP, 30% Labour, 20% Conservative and 10% Lib Dem in every constituency would see the SNP sweep the board.

Edited by neilser

Hard to believe, 58 seats just doesn't seem credible. At a UK level, the fact that the Tories seem to have increased their number of seats is astonishing in light of the past 5 years. Both Miliband and Murphy have to go. Another Tory government, possibly propped up by the DUP, is a frightening prospect for people all over the UK.

Breaking: YouGov exit poll is VERY different.
Tory 284 MPs,
Labour 263,
SNP 48,
LibDems 31,
UKIP 2,
Plaid 3,
Green 1

Paddy Ashdown speaking to Andrew Neil on BBC rUK - "If this exit poll is correct (for Lib Dems) I will publicly eat my hat on your programme."

and they rest of the studio now speculating on what type of hat he will be eating :-))

Breaking: YouGov exit poll is VERY different.

Tory 284 MPs,

Labour 263,

SNP 48,

LibDems 31,

UKIP 2,

Plaid 3,

Green 1

That certainly seems more realistic, but I'd honestly prefer the Tories get an outright majority with the SNP the huge shouty elephant in the room but with no role in the UK government. Indyref 2 would be inevitable.