Scottish Seats - Prediction Time - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Seats - Prediction Time

SNP - 45

LAB - 12

LIB - 1

CON - 1

Unfortunately I think the likes of Tom Clarke, Dougie Alexander and Murphy will be be able to hang on, most likely with three figure majorities.

However, any result which leaves the SNP with more seats than Labour won in 2010 is an emphatic victory and any attempt by the media to say otherwise should be met with derision.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SNP - 45

LAB - 12

LIB - 1

CON - 1

Unfortunately I think the likes of Tom Clarke, Dougie Alexander and Murphy will be be able to hang on, most likely with three figure majorities.

However, any result which leaves the SNP with more seats than Labour won in 2010 is an emphatic victory and any attempt by the media to say otherwise should be met with derision.

This is why I believe the media have been ramping up the hype of an SNP whitewash so they can try and claim some kind of victory out of what, as you say, would be a monumental defeat.

Can't wait for the results to start coming in, I SO hope it's as big a victory as the unionists fear.

Totally different from Referendum Day in the carse of gowrie polling stations this morning. The full car loads of elderly voters were conspicuous by their absence. A lot of snp activists about Perthshire and I get a feeling Wishart is going to increase his majority.

Totally different from Referendum Day in the carse of gowrie polling stations this morning. The full car loads of elderly voters were conspicuous by their absence. A lot of snp activists about Perthshire and I get a feeling Wishart is going to increase his majority.

Think he will increase his majority by quite a bit. Coonciller Stewart for the tories was standing outside Oakbank Community Centre polling station at lunch time (no sign of him when I voted earlier today).

I still think there is ansolutely no chance now the English will allow Labour to be propped up by the SNP

The right wing media have already just about encouraged unrest on the streets

I still think there is ansolutely no chance now the English will allow Labour to be propped up by the SNP

Hopefully you're correct.

The right wing media have already just about encouraged unrest on the streets

To be fair, nobody I've spoken to about it down here seems to care all that much.

Although I live in a safe Labour constituency, work in a University and am careful who I talk politics to, so that may not be particularly representative.

Due to the huge swing required in some seats , can see the following;

• SNP 39
  • Labour 14
  • LibDems 2
  • Tory 2

Tories will win Dumfries and Berwick, can see Libdems winning in Orkney and possibly Jo Swinson.

We will get to see Danny Alexander, Margaret Curran, Tom Harris and Tom Clarke bite the dust. I fear wee Dougie will sneak back in alongside Murphy.

aw ffs. miscalculated. snp then 41!

Edited by giblet