Scottish Seats - Prediction Time - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Seats - Prediction Time

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was looking at some of the seats with historical huge labour majorities. These seats like Glasgow East traditionally have very low turnout due to apathy etc. This time with the referendum bounce making people politcally active turnout could well be mid 50's + and the vast majority of new voters will be voting snp. Taken in this context it is not so difficult to see huge swings and some or most being toppled.

Was looking at some of the seats with historical huge labour majorities. These seats like Glasgow East traditionally have very low turnout due to apathy etc. This time with the referendum bounce making people politcally active turnout could well be mid 50's + and the vast majority of new voters will be voting snp. Taken in this context it is not so difficult to see huge swings and some or most being toppled.

aye, but we want a prediction :ok::ok:

To be fair, nobody I've spoken to about it down here seems to care all that much.

Although I live in a safe Labour constituency, work in a University and am careful who I talk politics to, so that may not be particularly representative.

If the comments on most of the Facebook Politics threads are anything to go by the media has certainly done the job

Its not just the Telegraph and the Daily Mail

BBC Newsnight had some twat on saying that if Labour was propped up by the SNP there would be riots in the streets

Now if Evan Davis had any balls he should have said - well if there is i hope your door is the first the Police chap - but he just smirked and let it go

Youve also seen the clip from South East news where the headline was Cameron saying dont ship money from the SE to Scotland

Its been totally insidious

We will get to see Danny Alexander, Margaret Curran, Tom Harris and Tom Clarke bite the dust. I fear wee Dougie will sneak back in alongside Murphy.

Tom Harris is my mp. Be extremely happy to see him lose his seat.

Even money under 50 seats at w/ hill

That should tell you something (maybe)

Bookies are no daft

If they thought the SNP would get under 50 it would be well odds on

8/11 for 51 and over

Shocked at that masel - the bookies think they will get over 50

Edited by Ally Bongo

Single figures for Labour. Probably close to 10 but if around 5 or below I will literally pish myself laughing for a week; no a month.

Literally?

He used literally correctly. Last years update of the Oxford and Cambridge dictionaries included the new definition. I literally turned blue with rage at it, but its bloody true sadly.