Either Footed Players - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Either Footed Players

Seems to be a rare thing these days.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of Cazorla & Neymar. By two footed, I mean someone who can hit a cross field pass on either side or hit a set piece with whatever.

Nedved, Moravcik, Zidane, Forlan, Sneijder & my personal favourite, Brehme. For all Messi & Ronaldo are head & shoulders above everyone else, they are both one footed (Ronaldo less so to be fair). Why do you get so few now?

George Best was poor on his left, so practiced so much that became stronger than his right. Is it more important to be an athlete now or does the modern day player care about this?

Robbie Fowler was as good with both feet. Never had to adjust his body or wait for the ball to be on his strong side.

when I was a kid I remember reading Trevor Booking saying his dad would take him out and force him to work on his left foot when he was a kid. I think he wouldn't wear a boot on his strong foot to make him use the weaker. He was probably the most two footed player along with Dalglish I remember as a kid.

Him and Laudrup both world class and both very good two footed players.

If there was one Laudrup who was World class it wasn't Brian. Brian was the second best foreigner I ever witnessed in Scotland second only to Larsson but I'm afraid it was only Larsson who got close to the World class bracket.

If there was one Laudrup who was World class it wasn't Brian. Brian was the second best foreigner I ever witnessed in Scotland second only to Larsson but I'm afraid it was only Larsson who got close to the World class bracket.

You're wrong there. Laudrup was another level in Scotland.

Yes. His brother may have been a bit better but both were world class IMO.

I agree.

I'm not saying Larsson wasn't a class act,far from it,but IMO Laudrup is the best that Ive seen in Scottish football. Followed closely by Larsson and Toni Kombouare.

I agree.

I'm not saying Larsson wasn't a class act,far from it,but IMO Laudrup is the best that Ive seen in Scottish football. Followed closely by Larsson and Toni Kombouare.

Larsson was brilliant and one of the 3 best foreigners to ever play in Scotland, along with Laudrup and Gascoigne .

I too think Laudrup was probably the best overall.

Could he have walked into a World eleven? I doubt it. I believe Larsson very nearly could have.

Laudrup was voted in the all star team for the 1998 World Cup... As was his brother.