Any Modellers Out There? - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I have almost completed a large model of the 3rd day of the battle of Gettysburg ,Pickets charge in 28mm size figures.I am short of the British officer and witness to the battle Col Fremantle of HM army.Does anyone know where I can get a 28 or 25 mm figure of this man? I have searched for ages without any success.

more into 1/72 modern armed forces model kits

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't actually play the wargaming rules .I started painting the models years ago as it helped calm me down a bit.When I get stresses or angry I go to my model room and paint a few figures.I had a spare room so I decided to make a small diorama of the Battle of Gettysburg but got a bit carries away and now its now 6ft x 4ft in size with over 700 figures.This is more than a toy and its cost a few quid to make.

As you can see the cotton wool is cannon fire.

10462442_10202706141840077_9091188885293

There is a very good wargaming comp in Kirriemuir every November clubs from allover the country take part.The tables range from ancient through all the ages to Warhamer stuff.its called the Targe.Well worth a visit or just take the kids along ,they will love it.you can take part in the games as well if you want.

I don't actually play the wargaming rules .I started painting the models years ago as it helped calm me down a bit.When I get stresses or angry I go to my model room and paint a few figures.I had a spare room so I decided to make a small diorama of the Battle of Gettysburg but got a bit carries away and now its now 6ft x 4ft in size with over 700 figures.This is more than a toy and its cost a few quid to make.

That's excellent. As you say, must be a great hobby to take your mind off daily stresses.

as it helped calm me down a bit.When I get stresses or angry I go to my model room and paint a few figures.

You must never leave the place, as you're permanently fecking raging :lol:

You must never leave the place, as you're permanently fecking raging :lol:

I have level 1 - Go sit in model room and enjoy.

level 2 - Go paint some figures

and level 3 - fekin ragin go to model room and throw missiles at Union troops.

then level 4 - come here

Looks great Peever.

I have level 1 - Go sit in model room and enjoy.

level 2 - Go paint some figures

and level 3 - fekin ragin go to model room and throw missiles at Union troops.

then level 4 - come here

:ok:

:lol:

I only opened it when it got to 6 pages as I knew there was probably something more interesting than wee figures getting spoken about.

Aye the manliness of climbing , look no ropes.

dam-goats-2.jpg01.jpg

Edited by phart

I have almost completed a large model of the 3rd day of the battle of Gettysburg ,Pickets charge in 28mm size figures.I am short of the British officer and witness to the battle Col Fremantle of HM army.Does anyone know where I can get a 28 or 25 mm figure of this man? I have searched for ages without any success.

I heard a piercing whimper from our back garden last weekend and thought the daft dog had ran in to the fence again chasing a cat. When I looked out however I saw my greyhound’s legs shaking more than they usually do whilst taking a sh!t, nose pointed to the sky pure howling much like the noises that emanate from my lesbian neighbours’ window in the summer holidays when their kids are away. As she hobbled off like the boy from Bristol/Bath had sorted her out good and proper I went to make the obligatory inspection of the stool fully expecting to find a hedgehog, disposable razor and her kidney in a sauce of her own blood and effluent. I was somewhat taken aback though when I found Lego Yoda perched happily atop her sweetcorn laced jobby. I’ve cleaned him up good and proper but can’t bring myself to give it back to its original owner who I suspect is my nephew as he absolutely loves chewing plastic. I’m not that fond of him to be honest and would p!ss myself inside if I gave it him back and he stuck it straight in his mouth with his usual glaikit look - problem is he’s partial to kissing his aunty, and so am I obviously, but there’s no way I’d want to kiss her after she’s kissed someone who has been sucking on something straight out of a greyhounds arse plus I really can’t stand sweetcorn.

Therefore as a stopgap he is yours for free and, although not ideal granted, if you actually entered in to a fully-fledged strategy match I can confirm he’s proper game as f***; despite his hazardous journey into my possession he came out still grasping his lightsaber.

Edited by ThistleWhistle

I get the toy soldiers and the cotton wool cannons. What I want to know is what the hell is going on with the wall paper?

I heard a piercing whimper from our back garden last weekend and thought the daft dog had ran in to the fence again chasing a cat. When I looked out however I saw my greyhounds legs shaking more than they usually do whilst taking a sh!t, nose pointed to the sky pure howling much like the noises that emanate from my lesbian neighbours window in the summer holidays when their kids are away. As she hobbled off like the boy from Bristol/Bath had sorted her out good and proper I went to make the obligatory inspection of the stool fully expecting to find a hedgehog, disposable razor and her kidney in a sauce of her own blood and effluent. I was somewhat taken aback though when I found Lego Yoda perched happily atop her sweetcorn laced jobby. Ive cleaned him up good and proper but cant bring myself to give it back to its original owner who I suspect is my nephew as he absolutely loves chewing plastic. Im not that fond of him to be honest and would p!ss myself inside if I gave it him back and he stuck it straight in his mouth with his usual glaikit look - problem is hes partial to kissing his aunty, and so am I obviously, but theres no way Id want to kiss her after shes kissed someone who has been sucking on something straight out of a greyhounds arse plus I really cant stand sweetcorn.

Therefore as a stopgap he is yours for free and, although not ideal granted, if you actually entered in to a fully-fledged strategy match I can confirm hes proper game as f***; despite his hazardous journey into my possession he came out still grasping his lightsaber.

Just when things couldn't get any stranger.........