Any Modellers Out There? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I played them too, as the starter pack was ultramarines from gamesworkshop when it first opened in Edinburgh, on the royal mile. Moved on to the sons of horus after though then bloodraven i think.

Just to note i haven't played a battle this millennium.

As stated it's the ability to parse reality, take in and understand information, that gives the label cognitive couch potato.

On the issue of manliness here's the ten year old child who has climbed all munro's ,

article-2032606-0DA8CBD400000578-332_634

:-)) :-))

Edited by phart

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ASC, I have bolded the relevant parts of your post.

Haven't yet ventured to the East in my manly conquests. Is it worth a trip? We normally stick to the west coast.

Always loved the Cairngorms

Stuff out west more challenging though due to sea level start ; so I was told ...

Aonach Mor and Eagach tough ascents I recall

Did the Ben with the lads via Cmd arête in 06 as my last hurrah before moving to Canada

Boozer at the base is a great touch

Lot of walking out here in Rockies

But has bit more geeky feel to it

It's a complex game, nothing more nothing less. Just a more complicated game of chess, on a bigger board, when folk play chess they don't sit with two coconut shells , waiitng to knock them together every-time someone moves a knight. Well maybe round Marky's house they do.

Speak for yourself

:wink2::D

Always loved the Cairngorms

Stuff out west more challenging though due to sea level start ; so I was told ...

Aonach Mor and Eagach tough ascents I recall

Did the Ben with the lads via Cmd arête in 06 as my last hurrah before moving to Canada

Boozer at the base is a great touch

Lot of walking out here in Rockies

But has bit more geeky feel to it

I have been “to” the Cairngorms a few times but never to climb. Really must give it try sometime because you’re right, it is a beautiful part of the world. I’d imagine it would be particularly good for winter climbs.

Coming up to Scotland next month with my mate to do a few. Going to Kylesku first to do The Foinaven/Arkle traverse and Suilven, then heading down to Kintail to do the Forcan Ridge/Saddle and the Five Sisters.

All preceded by a night on the lash in Inverness. Cannae wait.

As stated it's the ability to parse reality, take in and understand information, that gives the label cognitive couch potato.

On the issue of manliness here's the ten year old child who has climbed all munro's ,

article-2032606-0DA8CBD400000578-332_634

:-)) :-))

Phart,

This wee scallywag may indeed have climbed all the Munros, but I seem to have given you the wrong impression that I merely amble up the well worn paths to these lofty summits.

Unlike the weefella (I assume), being the “real man” that I am, I find the most difficult and hair raising route up and then proceed to shimmy up it quicksmart. Think of me as a cross between Tenzing Norgay and Spiderman. I know no fear. Ropes schmopes! Ropes are for big fearties.

I’m so crazy and manly I am quite probably bound to die soon.

How the TAMB will mourn…….except phart obvs!

Phart,

This wee scallywag may indeed have climbed all the Munros, but I seem to have given you the wrong impression that I merely amble up the well worn paths to these lofty summits.

Unlike the weefella (I assume), being the “real man” that I am, I find the most difficult and hair raising route up and then proceed to shimmy up it quicksmart. Think of me as a cross between Tenzing Norgay and Spiderman. I know no fear. Ropes schmopes! Ropes are for big fearties.

Wrong assumptions

"

Ben's Munro quest began the day after his sixth birthday, when he climbed the central Highland trio of Beinn na Lap, Chno Dearg and Stob Coire Sgriodain.

Despite his 4ft 7in height, he went on to tackle the Inaccessible Pinnacle on the Skye Cuillin Ridge, and completed Ben Lui by climbing ice in its central gully. "

As someone who has read the books/well exploits and bits of books of Tadeusz Piotrowski, shimmying up munros isn't really that impressive, now if you were 6 year old and 4 foot 7, then i might even put your photograph and a bit of your biography in a random post on the TAMB.

Edited by phart

Phart,

Ah wud be devastated, but probably be fine after ma second pint, especially when yer missus gives me her phone number. :wave:

I met a kid younger than that in Glen Nevis (his mum was giving me a lift down the road). He told me he'd done two munros - Aonach Mor and Cairngorm. I was impressed. He then told me he's taken the chairlift.

"That doesn't count," I said.

Felt like a complete chunt.

Wrong assumptions

"

Ben's Munro quest began the day after his sixth birthday, when he climbed the central Highland trio of Beinn na Lap, Chno Dearg and Stob Coire Sgriodain.

Despite his 4ft 7in height, he went on to tackle the Inaccessible Pinnacle on the Skye Cuillin Ridge, and completed Ben Lui by climbing ice in its central gully. "

As someone who has read the books of Tadeusz Piotrowski, shimmying up munros isn't really that impressive, now if you were 6 year old and 4 foot 7, then i might even put your photograph and a bit of your biography in a random post on the TAMB.

In Pinn and Ice climb would both have involved ropes. :-))

The wee man's no impressing anyone!

Edited by Marky

My army would crush peevers army, mainly because his army is made of civil war humans with muskets, while mine is made up of a space marine chapter with terminator back-up and a few heavy machines and possible titan back up. To be fair we;d probably just nuke his army from orbit.

My friend and alumnus of The Citadel in Charleston, S.C. would say it's more correctly called the War of Northern Agression !

Back to Gettysburg.

I'm intrigued (really...I love Civil war history).

When you set up the Yanks against the Rebs, is it always faithful to the battle itself ? Or do you play out other scenarios ?

I mean, is it not a bit like Titanic...the same outcome every time ? :blink:

There was a South Park episode on that subject Rossy...

There's people who do reenactments for real, like the Sealed Knot society. Would be cool to see an ancient Caledonian reenactment group. Naked, tattooed, stoating about in chariots and throwing gaebolg spears with their feet.

:ok: aye i'm not going to be able to wind you up, just not taking any of the bait :-))

Indeed. Think we're both fighting a losing battle (if you pardon the pun).

Just for clarity though, do you fire matches out of wee cannons and the like?