Any Modellers Out There? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I have almost completed a large model of the 3rd day of the battle of Gettysburg ,Pickets charge in 28mm size figures.I am short of the British officer and witness to the battle Col Fremantle of HM army.Does anyone know where I can get a 28 or 25 mm figure of this man? I have searched for ages without any success.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have almost completed a large model of the 3rd day of the battle of Gettysburg ,Pickets charge in 28mm size figures.I am short of the British officer and witness to the battle Col Fremantle of HM army.Does anyone know where I can get a 28 or 25 mm figure of this man? I have searched for ages without any success.

here's a page of a guy with a 28mm model of the witness, if it's Arthur Freemantle.

http://theangrylurker.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/my-28mm-lieutenant-colonel-fremantle-of.html

079.JPG

Edited by phart

If anyone dares tell me that the TA board is only there for tiny-minded, blinkered idiots screaming at each other over the most ridiculous football arguments, I'll refer them to this fabulously useful thread.

:lol:

FFS. Abusive Nat by day, man child by night.

My army would crush peevers army, mainly because his army is made of civil war humans with muskets, while mine is made up of a space marine chapter with terminator back-up and a few heavy machines and possible titan back up. To be fair we;d probably just nuke his army from orbit.

Edited by phart

My army would crush peevers army, mainly because his army is made of civil war humans with muskets, while mine is made up of a space marine chapter with terminator back-up and a few heavy machines and possible titan back up. To be fair we;d probably just nuke his army from orbit.

Everything you say you own is acceptable, my heterosexual life partner has been trying to get me into Warhammer for years... And the only thing stopping me is expense.

But American civil war? Golly gosh.

:lol:

If only Abe Lincoln had thought of that, it could have saved hundreds of thousand of lives, and saved the rest of us from having to watch Cold Mountain.

Yeah for me it seems obvious he likes it due to the tonnes of cultural links between parts of Scotland and the events of those times.

So whats your take on my next project Waterloo?

What do you do with these things?

You get a massive table-top and create the topography of the land using various materials, place your armies and then have a battle, different forces can move at different speeds (use measuring tape to measure how much distance you can cover), have reserves , artillery, orbital weapons and fight till you win the battle, can take several days depending on the army sizes and the size of the area you're playing in.

We were all young once....

I played them too, as the starter pack was ultramarines from gamesworkshop when it first opened in Edinburgh, on the royal mile. Moved on to the sons of horus after though then bloodraven i think.

Just to note i haven't played a battle this millennium.

You get a massive table-top and create the topography of the land using various materials, place your armies and then have a battle, different forces can move at different speeds (use measuring tape to measure how much distance you can cover), have reserves , artillery, orbital weapons and fight till you win the battle, can take several days depending on the army sizes and the size of the area you're playing in.

Learn something every day. Cheers, phart.

Cheers phart there are a few figures on that link that could be used for Fremantle. I sold off most of my Culloden model but kept enough to do one of the charge of the Highland right and have that in a cabinet.