Polls - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I am actually starting to worry about the tactical voting, it is slowly starting to get get more air time which will only help its cause

The media seem to be encouraging people to vote tactically against the SNP. They are really pushing the 'possibility' of tactical voting and only mention how it could harm the SNP.

There is never a mention of Tories being able to reduce labours seats quite easily by voting SNP.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The media seem to be encouraging people to vote tactically against the SNP. They are really pushing the 'possibility' of tactical voting and only mention how it could harm the SNP.

There is never a mention of Tories being able to reduce labours seats quite easily by voting SNP.

Exactly.

Papers like The Telegraph have been practically begging Unionists to vote tactically for weeks now.

The whole thing is a Project Fear abortion.

I am actually starting to worry about the tactical voting, it is slowly starting to get get more air time which will only help its cause

I saw on Twitter that there's a group of activists trying to arrange tactical voting, but its a fools errand. From my experience on the doors your average Labour voter would never vote Tory and same for Tory for Labour.

The only seat I predict tactical voting playing a part is in Gordon due to the high profile SNP candidate, the rest I bet will be business as usual.

I saw on Twitter that there's a group of activists trying to arrange tactical voting, but its a fools errand. From my experience on the doors your average Labour voter would never vote Tory and same for Tory for Labour.

The only seat I predict tactical voting playing a part is in Gordon due to the high profile SNP candidate, the rest I bet will be business as usual.

I agree.

I may have said this before....but the media are an utter disgrace. Surely other countries don't have to suffer the daily twist, spin and hate.

If, and it remains to be seen, they succeed in cheating Scotland again then there will be people who decide other less democratic avenues are taken. I hope not.

Totally agree Mario. I'm absolutely fooking sick at the constant SNP and Scotland bashing from the media and other parts of the establishment. Have to console myself with the fact that they are shiteing themselves. Seeing Labour and the Tories ganging up together is just sickening .

There never seems to be any balanced reporting from the State Broadcaster - always an anti-SNP slant on it. What is wrong with just a bit of balanced reporting ? It doesn't happen.

Hope the Scottish electorate stuff it right up them .

Edited by irnbruman

With regards pensions, the MSM from the sounds of it are clearly (and conveniently) ignoring Broon's infamous tax grab on our pensions back in 1997 rendering them almost worthless. The gloves are clearly off in this regard and I really do hope, and wish, that Sturgeon, Swinney, Robertson and co will severely hold Labour to account on this as a rebuttal.

It's almost like the latter stages of the referendum all over again. What's the odds of bussed-in Labour activists chapping doors of old age pensioners with the tactic of frightening them with the like that the SNP will take their pensions out of the UK system, an allegation which was found to be completely bollocks and confirmed by the DWP.

Absolutely shameful.

With regards pensions, the MSM from the sounds of it are clearly (and conveniently) ignoring Broon's infamous tax grab on our pensions back in 1997 rendering them almost worthless. The gloves are clearly off in this regard and I really do hope, and wish, that Sturgeon, Swinney, Robertson and co will severely hold Labour to account on this as a rebuttal.

It's almost like the latter stages of the referendum all over again. What's the odds of bussed-in Labour activists chapping doors of old age pensioners with the tactic of frightening them with the like that the SNP will take their pensions out of the UK system, an allegation which was found to be completely bollocks and confirmed by the DWP.

Absolutely shameful.

Brown's pensions record has been so well concealed by his PR people combined with a compliant media that when I tried to explain it to my dad I think he thought I was making it up.

Brown's pensions record has been so well concealed by his PR people combined with a compliant media that when I tried to explain it to my dad I think he thought I was making it up.

Thing is do these auld counts even notice. (Not calling your old man a count BTW).

I tend to find that most old people don't know what they should be getting, either while they are working, or even once they are retired.

It's us "youngsters" who should be really afraid.

I've resigned myself to some point in the future dying at my desk.

J

To be fair to your dad, it depends on when he started getting his pension (if indeed he is getting a pension yet). Most folk who are already retired probably weren't affected too much by Broons pension fund raids. It all depends on his personal circumstances. Everybody is different. But you are right the media have done a great job of hiding this from the public.

It will affect younger folk much more. Especially those who might have had a chance of being in a defined benefit (final salary ) pension scheme. When Labour came to power in 1997, 35% of company pension schemes were defined benefit. It is now down to about 8%. Most pensions experts agree that this change is almost entirely due to Pension Fund Raider Broon.

Absolutely shameful.

If pensioners really are so stupid to believe that pish, it says a lot for their education under the glorious Union.

In saying that, my maw would tell them to phuqq off.

If pensioners really are so stupid to believe that pish, it says a lot for their education under the glorious Union.

In saying that, my maw would tell them to phuqq off.

There is a big difference between being "stupid" and being "ignorant of the facts". Folk don't have to be stupid to be taken in by bullshit. It happens to very intelligent people on a regular basis.

There is a big difference between being "stupid" and being "ignorant of the facts". Folk don't have to be stupid to be taken in by bullshit. It happens to very intelligent people on a regular basis.

:ok:

Hence the 105k or so SNP members...

surely the good people of Scotland will not fall again to all the lies that where put to them at the referendum l think they have seen through the Westminster lie machine

Think of it from the other side of the fence. The English based media and politicians think the Scottish are fukking stupid and will believe anything they tell us. There isn't actually any evidence to the contrary.

If they have seen their tactics to work in the past, with all the 'facts' lapped up by the servile Scos, then they are going to keep doing the same until they come a cropper.

I really do feel that the smears and untruths will start to have an impact over the next few weeks and we will see a substantially larger vote for Labour north of the border than is currently being depicted in these polls.

Think of it from the other side of the fence. The English based media and politicians think the Scottish are fukking stupid and will believe anything they tell us. There isn't actually any evidence to the contrary.

If they have seen their tactics to work in the past, with all the 'facts' lapped up by the servile Scos, then they are going to keep doing the same until they come a cropper.

I really do feel that the smears and untruths will start to have an impact over the next few weeks and we will see a substantially larger vote for Labour north of the border than is currently being depicted in these polls.

Agreed

Tartandon - if people really do fall for the contempt and unsubstantiated lies that are uttered by that snake oil salesman that is Murphy then I really do fear for their wellbeing as well as their mental state.

What on earth would possess people to vote for the modern day Scottish and English versions of Michael Foot?

Tartandon - if people really do fall for the contempt and unsubstantiated lies that are uttered by that snake oil salesman that is Murphy then I really do fear for their wellbeing as well as their mental state.

What on earth would possess people to vote for the modern day Scottish and English versions of Michael Foot?

Yon's the second time you've slandered the memory of Michael Foot by comparing him with modern Labour figures. He was an immeasurably greater man than the current fools.

Yon's the second time you've slandered the memory of Michael Foot by comparing him with modern Labour figures. He was an immeasurably greater man than the current fools.

I had to read KoPs post a few times. He can't really be comparing Murphy to Michael Foot, is he? Mental. I can only guess that he isn't old enough to know who Michael Foot was. He must be getting him mixed up with somebody else.