Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 23 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really makes me feel old thinking back to his dad making his Utd debut aged 16, whilst he was still at Harris Academy. :blink:

Good to see his dad has faith in the way they develop players at Tannadice especially with Head of Youth currently suspended. Harvey has been brought up in Essex but obviously still an Arab!

Finding his level

Possibly, he's certainly done better at this level than the Premiership so hopefully will play regularly. He can still be a good player but needs to start fulfilling his potential. Hopefully he'll mature a bit as he's made some pretty stupid decisions in recent years. Wednesday have not had the best of starts but have made a few good signings so should be interesting to watch though I don't see them getting promotion.

Stevie May signs for Preston for £800,000. It'll be a decent move if he's playing every week.

:lol: I was close last week when I said he'd probably sign for Celtic after I said he wasn't very good.

It will be tough to get ahead of Garner, Beckford, Gallagher and the boy from United, Keane.

Would be a good move.

I'm trying to find out if there's any truth in it.

Done and dusted:

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/september_2015/muirhead_joins_thistle_on_loan

Bit surprised to see him leave Dundee Utd, although f*ck knows what's going on up the moment. He's always quite impressed me whenever I've seen him play in the past.

He's 19 FFS, don't write him off just yet.

He's 21 in November, he's only six months younger than John Stones.

I've watched Chelsea send close on a hundred young players out on loan over the last 10 years and they fall into three categories.

1. Players that they think might have a chance in the first team who they want to get experience.

2. Players they don't think have a chance in the first team but who they can make money from in loan fees.

3. Players that they've decided won't make the grade and who they need to get out of Cobham.

Davey is in the third category. He's not the new John Terry, he really isn't.

I'm not bitter about Feruz, I have no reason to be. Just amazed anyone would want him & I can't see him even scoring in that league.

Out of interest has he actually done anything to merit the hype ?

I remember when our U21s played a friendly against England's a couple of years ago - we got humped about 5 or 6 nothing, or something ridiculous like that - Feruz looked the only Scotland player that night who might stand a chance of getting in the England side.

That's only my opinion though, and I am several million miles away from being an expert.

He's 21 in November, he's only six months younger than John Stones.

I've watched Chelsea send close on a hundred young players out on loan over the last 10 years and they fall into three categories.

1. Players that they think might have a chance in the first team who they want to get experience.

2. Players they don't think have a chance in the first team but who they can make money from in loan fees.

3. Players that they've decided won't make the grade and who they need to get out of Cobham.

Davey is in the third category. He's not the new John Terry, he really isn't.

Wow, I didn't realise you were so “in” with all the folk at Chelsea…. José is that you?

Seriously though, you are writing off a 20 year old (I stand corrected he’s not 19) who has just gone on loan to Peterborough? You can’t possibly know “that’s his level” and even if it is his level he’s still got every chance of keeping his head down, playing well, working his way up the leagues and ending up in our squad at some point.

Have you ever seen him play? I actually have seen him play a couple of times. He looked out of his depth one occasion but he was only 18 at the time and looked much improved the next time I saw him. He is just a kid, Stones he isn’t but neither is Grant Hanley.

This lad also that plays at centre back, a position I might add that Scotland are struggling in. Keep in mind that Russel Martin made over 100 appearances for Wycombe from the age of 19 and over 50 for Peterborough prior to moving to Norwich City and is now one of the first names on the Scotland Team sheet. We are not blessed with sh!t loads of talented players so what is wrong with looking at the possibilities rather that writing players off at such a young age. With an attitude like that I am surprised you get out of bed in the morning.