Lee Wallace - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lee Wallace

COLT NY

Interesting interview with Lee Wallace where he's basically saying that it's totally beyond his comprehension that other teams aren't just stepping aside to let Rangers take their rightful place in the top tier.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/rangers-s-lee-wallace-fears-damage-of-not-going-up-1-3724592

He also goes on to say that he thinks his Scotland career is over, and never really saw himself as a Scotland player anyway.

Not sure who's going to want all these Rangers "stars" once they decide they can't hack another season in the lower divisions. Wallace could have had a Scotland shirt to keep by now.

Edited by COLT NY

Interesting interview with Lee Wallace where he's basically saying that it's totally beyond his comprehension that other teams aren't just stepping aside to let Rangers take their rightful place in the top tier.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/rangers-s-lee-wallace-fears-damage-of-not-going-up-1-3724592

He also goes on to say that he thinks his Scotland career is over, and never really saw himself as a Scotland player anyway.

Not sure who's going to want all these Rangers "stars" once they decide they can't hack another season in the lower divisions. Wallace could have had a Scotland shirt to keep by now.

Can you assist me in showing me where in the article he states ìts. Eying comprehension other teams aren't stepping aside? #RangersHater #YouMissedSevco

Wallace was the best player to make the stupid decision to sign for a 4th tier club as a free agent that could have joined a lower half EPL side or top half Championship club, not to mention a top half SPL club.

He'd have got far more Scotland caps because it was a problem position for us. He sounds like he regrets his decision and it clinging onto a fantasy that he'll be playing in the Champions League in a few years.

It's quite funny how Rangers fans give Naismith and Whittaker pelters for leaving and held Wallace and McCulloch in high esteem for staying. 3 seasons on and Naismith is one of Everton's best players, Whittaker is playing at the top end of the English Championship - both are still in Scotland set up. Meanwhile at Ibrox... Rangers fans are desperate to get McCulloch punted and Wallace is a shadow of the player he was.

I wish there was a German word for situations like this...

If he cared about his Scotland career at all he never would have stayed at Rangers. Left back was a problem position for years and he was 1 of very few options we had. He conceivably would have had 20+ caps had he went anywhere else.

Well it's too late now. Andy Robertson has rightfully made that position his own and I'd rather have Whittaker or Mulgrew slotted in there as cover than have that unambitious, money grabbing, lower league footballer in any Scotland squad

It is entirely his own fault that he has so few caps, direct result of his own lack of ambition - his choice to go and play in the 3rd and 4th tier of Scottish football. I can't see all that much wrong with what he says in the article re Rangers to be honest.

Perhaps he's due some credit for honouring his contract when his employers were in a difficult situation? I seem to remember Islam Feruz was somewhat unpopular on here for showing a lack of loyalty to his employers and heading to the promised land. Double standards because of blind hatred.

Not sure I agree with that.

There's very little loyality in football, from both clubs and players.

Wallafe stayed with Rangers because it benefited him just as much as the club, like I said above I don't think he fancied moving and Rangers was the best pay day he could get.

Feruz was right to leave Celtic if he thought it was best for his career, he might be wrong in hindsight but he owed celtic nothing

Perhaps he's due some credit for honouring his contract when his employers were in a difficult situation? I seem to remember Islam Feruz was somewhat unpopular on here for showing a lack of loyalty to his employers and heading to the promised land. Double standards because of blind hatred.

. He had no contract to honour. Club were in receivership.

Lack of ambition on one hand.... but "loyalty" to his team on the other?

The guy seems like a walloper based on bad publicity in the past, but he's being slated here for an article which doesnt even imply that he thinks other teams should stand aside, and not feeling part of the national side is fair enough and prob spot ln after only a few appearances. As usual, hes gettin mullered for something else i.e. playing for rangers, bit stupid to make stuff up though.

Didn't show much "loyalty" to Hearts did he...

Accepting years in the lower leagues for a good young player was just ridiculous and such a waste. Look at the likes of Christophe Berra, arguably not as good a player but has made a far better job of his career progression.

All criticism is entirely justified, over sensitive from "The Rangers" supporters, what a surprise.