Scotland Players In Action - Page 25 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to Bryson :ok:. Wonder if Derby could have pushed for an equaliser if they hadn't had a man sent off ?

I know most of Sheffield United's Scottish players are long way off being international quality but Mark McNulty just scored against Southampton who had the former Scot Matt Targett playing for them. :) Into injury time now.

A couple of interesting points from Sheffield Utd's win over Southampton

Jay Mceveley is now a centre-half and apparently had a really good game

Ryan Flynn is seemingly now a right-back and apparently also had a really good game

Bob Harris and Jamie Murphy apparently also played well.

Despite Martin winning and scoring the pen and setting up of the goal he is still a lump of wood up top.

Yes, he contributed to both goals but he is slow and lazy. We had kris Boyd who could do that, still could.

Bryson was his usual no bad, without the eye catching goal, Forsyth no bad, a lot of Derby fans want him replaced.

Have to say I've seen Derby play in the flesh once this season and most times they have been on the telly (soft spot for them) and they haven't really impressed. The championship like the English Premiership has dropped in standard the last couple of years.

That being said Russell Martin and Steven Whittaker played well I thought.

Johnny Russell could become a very handy wee busybody kind of player for Scotland. I'd give him a go against Northern Ireland and Gibraltar.

Ikechi Anya got an assist for Watford.

Ross McCormack scored for Fulham. Jack Grimmer is also getting a regular game for Fulham now which is great.

Likewise Liam Cooper appears to be a regular for Leeds. Two young defenders to consider anyway :ok:

Johnny Russell could become a very handy wee busybody kind of player for Scotland. I'd give him a go against Northern Ireland and Gibraltar.

Ikechi Anya got an assist for Watford.

Ross McCormack scored for Fulham. Jack Grimmer is also getting a regular game for Fulham now which is great.

Likewise Liam Cooper appears to be a regular for Leeds. Two young defenders to consider anyway :ok:

Liam Cooper has only played 7 times this season. Not exactly regular.

Liam Cooper has only played 7 times this season. Not exactly regular.

That's just what Wikipedia says.

Cooper's been a regular since Neil Redfearn took over at Leeds. He's started the last six matches for them and made eleven appearances all season. Their previous manager who bought him for some reason didn't play him often. If it were up to me I'd at least have Cooper in the squad to train ahead of the 34 year old, League 1 bound Gordon Greer.

Jack Grimmer's also been getting some praise from the Fulham supporters for his display in the second half yesterday.