Scotland Players In Action - Page 28 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

"Excelled at championship level"? :rollsmile: Aye right.

Watch footage of our games against the USA, Norway etc. He was terrible. Yes he tried hard and all that, but he clearly isn't up for international football.

Reynolds had a bad spell at Wednesday but that was a few years ago now. He's improved since then. I'd have him ahead of Greer any day. That and Mark McGhee confirmed today that Liam Cooper is being considered. Still want Greer in the team if he's playing in League One next year ? We should just call up Webster, Miller and Boyd again whilst we're getting all sentimental about these aging journeymen. :rolleyes:

Always look to the future not the past.

Look to the future whilst deploying your BEST players currently irrespective of age to maximise chances of success.

I've watched all the games Greer was involved in and only the Norway one did he look uncomfortable. 3 clean sheets out of 5 ain't bad.

Greer has excelled at championship level, whilst captaining a good side, so your wee character thing is a bit embarrassing for you to be fair. And yeah if he was the best option in his position I'd want him in the team if playing league one next year. It's that simple.

Greer is not the future in that position for us but has done well for us and is still one of our 4 best centre halves. id happily see him removed from the squad for a younger, BETTER player. We don't currently have that option although I'd be happy to see cooper become that player.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought greer was above average in both warsaw games.

Its all about strength of squad and he must be showing he can stand in and perform at that level or strachan woukdn't pick him. Or its a case of he is the best we have. Strachan has a track record of getting the best out of players, lets hope that continues.

Greer has excelled at championship level, whilst captaining a good side, so your wee character thing is a bit embarrassing for you to be fair. And yeah if he was the best option in his position I'd want him in the team if playing league one next year. It's that simple.

You should do comedy.

Brighton currently a "good side" ? I'll have some of what your smoking. Take a look at where they are in the Championship and how they have played this season they've been dire.

And aye, potentially picking League One defenders are the way to go alright. Crazy logic.

And Greer's "excelled" at championship level ? Once again :rollsmile: Maybe if they had someone other than Greer in central defence they'd be in the Premier League by now.

Youngsters should always get priority over the creaking old journeymen. :wave:

He's doing well. Arfield playing regular in EPL too - regular EPL appearances should probably be enough to merit a friendly chance surely?

Chris Burkes place can be taken...

Arfield isn't good enough for a place in the squad.