Scotland Players In Action - Page 118 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

Forrest was easily celtics best player. I'd hate to think the abuse if that Johansen was Scottish. Absolutely rank rotten excuse of a player.

If Forrest could improve his final ball he could be a tremendous player.

Celtic's current crop of wingers all seem to have this tendency to burst past their opponents at pace and then either run the ball out of play or completely run out of ideas.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Forrest could improve his final ball he could be a tremendous player.

Celtic's current crop of wingers all seem to have this tendency to burst past their opponents at pace and then either run the ball out of play or completely run out of ideas.

A few times though Forrest played decent balls but there was no movement so it made it look poor. If he was at Man City and played the same balls goals would have been scored.

I watched it in the west London celtic club and they all rate Forrest. They think Armstrong is hot and cold and tonight he was poor.

They couldn't believe Forrest was replaced yet Johansen left on when he was and is pish.

I think Forrest needs confidence and better players around him to give an outlet.

It concerns me that the celtic players will be joining up with the scotland squad on a real downer, also don't think Scott Brown, Leigh Giffiths or James Forrest did anything to enhance their reputation tonight.

To be fair to Griffiths he never recieved much support and was anonymous due to lack of quality balls into the box.

Charlie Mulgrew also posted missing?

Only pass marks on the night were Craig Gordon, who did his best to keep Celtic on the game.

It concerns me that the celtic players will be joining up with the scotland squad on a real downer, also don't think Scott Brown, Leigh Giffiths or James Forrest did anything to enhance their reputation tonight.

Charlie Mulgrew also posted missing?

I'm not a Celtic fan but watching it in a Celtic pub gives better perspective.

They all thought Forrest was their best player. Mulgrew should have been central mid with Broon as he's better than Johansen. Boys were saying after 10 minutes that they were down to 10 men as he would never replace johannsen.

Jagtag, on 25 Aug 2015 - 11:31 PM, said:

They all thought Forrest was their best player.

There was a period for about 30 minutes in the second half where Forrest didn't touch the ball. He was just as abject as his team mates. Running really fast and losing the ball are his only attributes.

There was a period for about 30 minutes in the second half where Forrest didn't touch the ball. He was just as abject as his team mates. Running really fast and losing the ball are his only attributes.

To be fair, that's a step up from Matt Ritchie who runs really slowly and loses the ball.

A few times though Forrest played decent balls but there was no movement so it made it look poor. If he was at Man City and played the same balls goals would have been scored.

I watched it in the west London celtic club and they all rate Forrest. They think Armstrong is hot and cold and tonight he was poor.

They couldn't believe Forrest was replaced yet Johansen left on when he was and is pish.

I think Forrest needs confidence and better players around him to give an outlet.

Armstrong wasn't great last night but I see him as more of a 'number 10' than a traditional winger.

To be fair, that's a step up from Matt Ritchie who runs really slowly and loses the ball.

:lol:

In fairness to him, I have been pleasantly surprised by Ritchie's performances in the EPL so far. Against Liverpool his use of the ball was superb.

I still don't think he is quick enough for international football though.

Kirk, on 26 Aug 2015 - 3:24 PM, said:

Looked like gordon messed up for Malmos first and possibly the second too.

Harsh, very harsh. Malmo loaded players inside the 6 yard box and whipped excellent corners in to the near post area. I dont think that there's much a 'keeper can do in that scenario, he's got to rely on his team mates to defend competently. They didn't and Celtic lost 2 goals. Gordon was Celtic's best player by a mile last night. Without him it would have been 4-0 or 5-0.

Armstrong wasn't great last night but I see him as more of a 'number 10' than a traditional winger.

:lol:

In fairness to him, I have been pleasantly surprised by Ritchie's performances in the EPL so far. Against Liverpool his use of the ball was superb.

I still don't think he is quick enough for international football though.

Not quick enough?!

I genuinely can't think of a player before Anya who really had pace.

As for pace in the current squad, have you seen Maloney and Snodgrass? They are spectacularly slow in comparison to 'quick' European players and Ritchie would leave them standing.

Not quick enough?!

miller and mcann had good pace, scott brown before celtic made him a def center mid was pretty rapid.

whittaker's no slouch and hutton used to be reasonably quick

and lets not forget the wembley super sub mark burchill

Harsh, very harsh. Malmo loaded players inside the 6 yard box and whipped excellent corners in to the near post area. I dont think that there's much a 'keeper can do in that scenario, he's got to rely on his team mates to defend competently. They didn't and Celtic lost 2 goals. Gordon was Celtic's best player by a mile last night. Without him it would have been 4-0 or 5-0.

He looked out of position and flapped a bit nowhere near the ball for the first. Would need to see the second again. I've no doubt he saved them from humiliation though.

Not quick enough?!

As for pace in the current squad, have you seen Maloney and Snodgrass? They are spectacularly slow in comparison to 'quick' European players and Ritchie would leave them standing.

Aye but Snoddy and Maloney are far better players than Ritchie.