Scottish Cup Quarters - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Quarters

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not according to the powers that be as Rangers will be in play off final obviously, and if there not we will have league reconstruction.

It's our only chance of promotion. It'd be unsporting not to. Admittedly playing us right now is the equivalent of a bye.

Can anyone think of a team that;s had an easier road to the semi-final than Hibs this year ?

Who did they play first...Alloa ? Then Arbroath, and then Berwick.

If they draw Falkirk in the semis, I'm wondering if any team has ever got to the final without having to play a top league club ? :blink:

Edit : Nae idea who Falkikr have played this year. Maybe the same applies to them...

Pretty sure Gretna made the final in 2006 without playing a proper team.

Scott Brown is an accident waiting to happen. Should have walked today

His modus operandi these days seems to be to commit as many fouls as he possibly can in the first 15 minutes of a game, and rely on the piss-poorness of Scottish referees to let him away with it.

He plays differently in Europe, where he's less likely to get away with his hard man act.

I'm not sure someone that nobody rates can be classed as over-rated.

Seem to recall he scored the winner and ran Celtic ragged in the Scottish Cup last year to keep Aberdeen's 63 (now 64) year old unbeaten Scottish Cup record at Parkhead against Celtic in tact.

Not bad for a team who apparently play with 10 men. :D

I think Connolly dived. I couldnt guarantee IT though, you can't see it from behind or in front to see how much if any contact there is with Stokes.

Pretty sure he just chucked himself to the ground but I don't think you can ban him unless it can be proven.

Mind you, they banned Paton for two games for no apparent offence so who knows.

I'm not sure someone that nobody rates can be classed as over-rated.

Pawlett hasn't been good for spells this season - by his own standards. Think plenty of people rate him though - in fact, I would argue that the reason he hasn't been so effective this term is largely down to being a victim of his own success. Most teams we play set up with him in mind.

Moreover, I should not be paying attention to disparaging remarks of someone that rates James Forrest so highly!