England Footballer Arrested For Sex With 14 Year Old! - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England Footballer Arrested For Sex With 14 Year Old!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he met her in a night club. If she 'pursued' him as much as he her. If she looked older than she was (and was thus allowed into the night club). If any of that were true (and none of it is to my knowledge) would it make any difference or would it still be 'statutory rape" and yer name on the sex offenders list?

I think it would, aye. I could be wrong but I think those are exactly the circumstances that did for Graham Rix.

That would have been funny if it was correct.

Why is Freddie Starr on the picture

Aye, it's a bit harsh, isn't it? Not to mention inaccurate.

Maybe whoever put the picture together just thought he was a bit more rock n' roll than Rolf Harris.

Its not often that you get things wrong on TAMB.....but you have this time.

I am just going by what happened to a boy that was in my college year at Kilmarnock..... picked up a girl in a nightclub for a one night stand... she cried rape....he was going to go down big time and was only when his lawyer was able to get hold of cctv footage of him in the night club that the case was dropped (granted, she was 15 and he was something like 21-ish at the time).... there was CCTV footage of him with her on the street, and if that was the only one they could find then he was guilty, but they were able to find some of him inside the nightclub with her.

Edited by wanderer

There is no mitigation. He's a 27 year old man who obviously fancied something a fair bit younger. Whether she told she was 16 or 60 is immaterial he would have know she was a lot younger than him.

He's a dirty wee pervert and deserves jailed. Hopefully with some nice Newcastle supporting mass murderers.

Without knowinf the full circumstances I would disagree. when I was 14 I was drinking in pubs with my mate and seeing older girls and managed to get friendly with a few and the only dirty wee pervert was me. I certainly wasnt taken advantage of. If she was 15 and done up to the nines and chasing him I have some sympathy for his situation, if however, he picked her from school in her uniform he deserves all he gets.

Without knowinf the full circumstances I would disagree. when I was 14 I was drinking in pubs with my mate and seeing older girls and managed to get friendly with a few and the only dirty wee pervert was me. I certainly wasnt taken advantage of. If she was 15 and done up to the nines and chasing him I have some sympathy for his situation, if however, he picked her from school in her uniform he deserves all he gets.

I'd agree if he was 19, but he's 27.

Obviously only knowing the headline makes it very difficult to make a judgement, but Id say accepted etiquette would say by his age, 17/18 while legal, is still too young.

Maybe she was 6ft and looked 22?

Edited by sbcmfc

Obviously only knowing the headline makes it very difficult to make a judgement, but Id say accepted etiquette would say by his age, 17/18 while legal, is still too young.

Maybe she was 6ft and looked 22,

Without knowing what happned its speculation but IF (big one) she was a 15 year old dressed up to the nines and couldve easily passed for 18/19 or even older, throw in a bloke with a few beers down his neck and you have the recipie for a nightmare, but in my book it certainly doesnt make him a paedophile. A lovely cuddly bunny and utter scumbag for cheating on his wife at home with his baby certainly, but not a padophile. I would even go so far as to say in my opinion an extremely high percentage of slighlty pissed 27 year old heterosexual blokes would probably make the same mistake

Why does m0ron change to "cuddly bunny" ?

Edited by Nobby

Saw a tweet by a bet predictor (can't remember which one) that was a retweet of a girl posing for a photo with him in a nightclub (I'm guessing). She tweeted it to Sunderland saying she was star struck. No idea if that is the girl in question or not but I'm assuming the person who retweeted it is thinking that.

Also would it be different the other way round ? I have three boys and if if found out that at 15 (assuming he was a lump and able to pass as older, theres always one in every school year !!) one of them had gone to a club and sorted out some mid twenties D list celebbo bimbo hed get the bollocking of his life for going to a club at 15, but the sorting out the celebbo bit, I wouldnt probably get too stressed about !! I suppose it depends on what type of person the 15 year old is.

Also would it be different the other way round ? I have three boys and if if found out that at 15 (assuming he was a lump and able to pass as older, theres always one in every school year !!) one of them had gone to a club and sorted out some mid twenties D list celebbo bimbo hed get the bollocking of his life for going to a club at 15, but the sorting out the celebbo bit, I wouldnt probably get too stressed about !! I suppose it depends on what type of person the 15 year old is.

Are you saying that with your 15 year old boy head on though?

Are you saying that with your 15 year old boy head on though?

15 year olds are all different, some are relatively mature and confident individuals and some aren't. If the girl in question with Adam Johnston fitted into that category I dont see what the big deal is. If Adam johnston knew she was 15, different matter, he deserves everything coming his way. Likewise if my 15 year old son was a mature, confident individual and had consenting relations with a 27 year old who didnt know his age and couldnt have known he was 15 then I view that as entirely different from helping them with their homework and then taking them upstairs. Putting someone like that who made a mistake on the sex offenders register for life isnt right or necessary IMHO !!

I am just going by what happened to a boy that was in my college year at Kilmarnock..... picked up a girl in a nightclub for a one night stand... she cried rape....he was going to go down big time and was only when his lawyer was able to get hold of cctv footage of him in the night club that the case was dropped (granted, she was 15 and he was something like 21-ish at the time).... there was CCTV footage of him with her on the street, and if that was the only one they could find then he was guilty, but they were able to find some of him inside the nightclub with her.

Was he charged with rape or underage?

If it's rape then I can understand why the CCTV may have been used to imply some form of consent. Not saying I agree with that necessarily but that's how rape trials are conducted. Ched Evans springs to mind, or more accurately his mate who was acquitted.