Will Anyone Other Then Celtic Ever Win The League? - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will Anyone Other Then Celtic Ever Win The League?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true.

As TT said, I think the next team outside Celtic to win the league will be Rangers. God knows when that'll be though.

Indeed but it will be worth the wait and all the more sweeter after all this .

To be fair you guys should get a bottle stitched on your tops ; to commemorate the one that was lost in Rome '84

Maybe Ralph tanned it ; explaining the dreadful early miss that would have changed the gam

hmm maybe ...but harsh to say they bottled it. especially given the ref and the subsequent proven bribery scandal. I have to say while the loss was gutting, seeing liverpool do them in the final was some small consolation.

To be fair you guys should get a bottle stitched on your tops ; to commemorate the one that was lost in Rome '84

Maybe Ralph tanned it ; explaining the dreadful early miss that would have changed the game

Don't mention the R-word please.

The shirt deal Celtic signed yesterday is rumored to be worth £6m per year which probably exceeds every club in the top flight annual turnover with the exception of Aberdeen, so I cant see things changing for a long time.

Surely most teams in the top league have a revenue above £6m!.....?!

• 2 weeks later...

I see McInnes and Barry Robson have, for almost the first time, been talking about the possibility of winning the league...

McInnes saying that going joint top on Saturday with just 10 games to go would be massive. While Robson has said he believes they can do it.

Interesting since McInnes has said nothing but "only one team can lose the title" for months. Is this part of McInnes trying to put a bit of mental pressure on Celtic? Or encourage his players to believe more and raise themselves to the challenge?

If we get 11 wins (a massively tall order, granted), i'm convinced we'll win it.

I see McInnes and Barry Robson have, for almost the first time, been talking about the possibility of winning the league...

McInnes saying that going joint top on Saturday with just 10 games to go would be massive. While Robson has said he believes they can do it.

Interesting since McInnes has said nothing but "only one team can lose the title" for months. Is this part of McInnes trying to put a bit of mental pressure on Celtic? Or encourage his players to believe more and raise themselves to the challenge?

If we get 11 wins (a massively tall order, granted), i'm convinced we'll win it.

Is Robson still at Aberdeen or is he still play? Never heard of him until now.

Under McInnes, Aberdeen have choked more often than not when it's mattered. It won't come down to choking, but they don't have the mentality to do their bit anyway.

Under McInnes, Aberdeen have choked more often than not when it's mattered.

Eh? That tops "Dundee utd will finish a comfortable 2nd" in the KF talks bullshit stakes.

If we win all of our remaining games - yes, we will win the league. But we won't win all of our remaining games, probably starting with tomorrow.....

If we win all of our remaining games - yes, we will win the league. But we won't win all of our remaining games, probably starting with tomorrow.....

:lol: Probably correct!

Eh? That tops "Dundee utd will finish a comfortable 2nd" in the KF talks bullshit stakes.

We'll just deal with last season in the first instance. If you really want, we can go over the season before & this season later.

Remind me again what happened in the Scottish Cup semi against St Johnstone? Also, how did the race for 2nd with Motherwell pan out?

In one of the worst games of fitba ever, you very nearly made a pig's ear of it against ICT in the League Cup final.

As I say, you guys don't have the bottle.

We'll just deal with last season in the first instance. If you really want, we can go over the season before & this season later.

Remind me again what happened in the Scottish Cup semi against St Johnstone? Also, how did the race for 2nd with Motherwell pan out?

In one of the worst games of fitba ever, you very nearly made a pig's ear of it against ICT in the League Cup final.

One of your examples of us "bottling it" is a cup final that we won? Even for you, that's outstandingly moronic. :lol:

I would suggest the incident early in the cup final that led to it being such a poor game and penalties being required was a major factor in what happened in the rest of the season.