Messing With Your Head On A Friday - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Messing With Your Head On A Friday

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've often wondered if we al see the same colours the same. e.g. what if your red was my blue and so on...how would you ever know.

I've thought that too.

What if we all see the world and its colours differently, and what looks green to one person looks blue to another, but we all call that colour green...

I've often wondered if we al see the same colours the same. e.g. what if your red was my blue and so on...how would you ever know.

It's like colour blind people. How do we know that they are not seeing the "Real World" and we are off.

TBH all vision is just the way light is refracted/reflected and absorbed by different materials. In reality the world is dark, we are "seeing" radiation.

Here's one. A candle is only visible because our eyes pick up that exact frequency of the energy it emits and views that as light. We can't see the heat from the candle, but we know it is there as we feel it as heat. Radiation is there as it can kill us, imagine if you could see radiation, ultra violet light or infra red. Imagine if you could "see" like a radar.

There's so much that we don't "see".

I like Bill Hicks take on taking acid. To him, acid was just a tool to "see" all these forces that our brain couldn't access under normal vision. Chemicals unlocked that vision. For him, much like heat from a candle, these visions are there they just can't be seen.

J

I like this quote...

https://www.yahoo.com/health/is-this-dress-blue-and-black-or-white-and-gold-112194158507.html

"If that’s not gold my entire life has been a lie," replied Swiked.

The image spread like wildfire and, from Facebook to Twitter to media sites, everyone is mystified.

A Buzzfeed survey says 74 percent say white and gold, while the other 26 percent saw blue and black.

This writer saw gold and white, until I glimpsed this image, below, which, some think is the actual dress in question, from a UK retailer. The dress, on the website, is blue and black. And once I saw this image, the original image changed to blue and black and I can no longer see the dress as white and gold. Try it — does it work for you?

f028b27c1bea3f2e01622ff433b196ac53b76a42
74% of the world is officially mad, making up their own reality as they go along. Stop it.
Edited by thplinth

What if we all see the world and its colours differently, and what looks green to one person looks blue to another, but we all call that colour green...

Not exactly the same thing... But in my line of work there is an industry standard calibration that all monitors and outputs need to be set too otherwise different people interpret light in different ways. I'll look out the figures later but there is a marked difference in opinion on images viewed on out the box outputs and calibrated ones.