Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 341 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

57 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Rangers really are the gift that keeps on giving!

:lol:

39 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

CrbYrzgWYAAwchS.jpg

Aww come on now. It's their "culture" and their "heritage" and according to Fermer and Eddard it's all innocent fun. Surely there is nothing wrong with a good 'ole celebration of Protestant supremacy and ethnic hatred now and again. :rolleyes:

Vile people. And so are any defenders of this kind of this pish. 

6 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Aww come on now. It's their "culture" and their "heritage" and according to Fermer and Eddard it's all innocent fun. Surely there is nothing wrong with a good 'ole celebration of Protestant supremacy and ethnic hatred now and again. :rolleyes:

Vile people. And so are any defenders of this kind of this pish. 

Spot on. Folk defending it unsurprisingly. These folk need to look in the mirror for the answer.

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What's your thoughts on it? 

There are so many strands it's impossible to answer really.  Scotland, England and Ireland have created so many crosses to bear currently.  It's easy to say religion should have nothing to do with football of course it shouldnt..  But we are where we are unfortunately.  All I said previously was that the songs from either side don't bother me and I know both rangers and celtic fans that think like that. It won't be bettered until the police take action and start to randomly lift 10 people per game.  I have nothing against the orange boys, they believe what they want to believe, but keep out of football is my opinion in a round about way.  I found myself getting in to some heated argumants when the England tops were at the height of fashion.  Then I realised 'why let it get to me?'  I was not going to win an argument with these guys.,  So, I would like to hear rangers fans sing football songs and no more.  But not the real world yet.  It is right for you guys to condemn it and I agree with you.  I don't think any of the gers guys on here disagree.  Just bugs sometimes when I get labelled along with rest but wholly understandable.  I do think some guys on here go over the score though sometimes in a whatabouttery way.  Was anyone really offeneded with the picture of Rangers players with that band?  I mean it were some offended?  It wouldnt bother me if it was celtic with the opposite type of band.  The people in NI going to that game do see it as there culture and as such celebrate it.  You might not agree but it is there.  Nae easy answer mate but please don't say I am trying to justify it.  Words can be misinterpreted and things assumed from words.  But I am not justifying it.  That answer you??  Probably no but hope you get the jist.

8 minutes ago, Fermer said:

Was anyone really offeneded with the picture of Rangers players with that band?  I mean it were some offended?  It wouldnt bother me if it was celtic with the opposite type of band.  The people in NI going to that game do see it as there culture and as such celebrate it.

I think it's funny in a ridiculous kind of way.

2 hours ago, Fermer said:

There are so many strands it's impossible to answer really.  Scotland, England and Ireland have created so many crosses to bear currently.  It's easy to say religion should have nothing to do with football of course it shouldnt..  But we are where we are unfortunately.  All I said previously was that the songs from either side don't bother me and I know both rangers and celtic fans that think like that. It won't be bettered until the police take action and start to randomly lift 10 people per game.  I have nothing against the orange boys, they believe what they want to believe, but keep out of football is my opinion in a round about way.  I found myself getting in to some heated argumants when the England tops were at the height of fashion.  Then I realised 'why let it get to me?'  I was not going to win an argument with these guys.,  So, I would like to hear rangers fans sing football songs and no more.  But not the real world yet.  It is right for you guys to condemn it and I agree with you.  I don't think any of the gers guys on here disagree.  Just bugs sometimes when I get labelled along with rest but wholly understandable.  I do think some guys on here go over the score though sometimes in a whatabouttery way.  Was anyone really offeneded with the picture of Rangers players with that band?  I mean it were some offended?  It wouldnt bother me if it was celtic with the opposite type of band.  The people in NI going to that game do see it as there culture and as such celebrate it.  You might not agree but it is there.  Nae easy answer mate but please don't say I am trying to justify it.  Words can be misinterpreted and things assumed from words.  But I am not justifying it.  That answer you??  Probably no but hope you get the jist.

All your answer does is show why this sort of thing still happens. Ordinary Rangers fans tolerate it. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No surprise that a club run by bigots, owned by bigots and supported by bigots would choose to get a photograph with bigots. 

Neither is it a surprise to see Eddard making excuses for them doing so. 

I'm in no way condoning the stupid of the picture however who are the runners and owners that are bigots?

4 hours ago, Fermer said:

You are part of the problem and you are trying to justify it.

Hatred and demonisation of a people because they are Irish or Catholic is not in any way to be celebrated or tolerated in the 21st Century. Sectarianism and bigotry in all forms needs to be crushed completely.

I suspect however that your ambivalence to the Orange bigots and militant Ulster loyalists is really about the fact that you actually agree with their aims and actions.

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

You are part of the problem and you are trying to justify it.

Hatred and demonisation of a people because they are Irish or Catholic is not in any way to be celebrated or tolerated in the 21st Century. Sectarianism and bigotry in all forms needs to be crushed completely.

I suspect however that your ambivalence to the Orange bigots and militant Ulster loyalists is really about the fact that you actually agree with their aims and actions.

Aye ok.  You suspect what you want to suspect.  I won't change your mind like I couldnt change the bigots with England tops.  Some folk have closed minds and some have open.  Yours is closed.  Rangers supporter = bigot.  So in the words of blackadder debating with you would be like debating about a broken pencil.  Enjoy the real game where my heart lyes.  Should be in Malta and won't miss many more.

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

All your answer does is show why this sort of thing still happens. Ordinary Rangers fans tolerate it. 

Agree to a certain extent but I stopped going and followed Scotland more instead.  I am not going to change peoples minds with inherant bigotry instilled.  And won't waste my life trying mate.  It's too short and pointless.  Like a broken pencil I suppose.  Anyway, Get intae them Scotland!!!

6 minutes ago, Fermer said:

Agree to a certain extent but I stopped going and followed Scotland more instead.  I am not going to change peoples minds with inherant bigotry instilled.  And won't waste my life trying mate.  It's too short and pointless.  Like a broken pencil I suppose.  Anyway, Get intae them Scotland!!!

I'm not asking you too try and change the minds of bigots. Rangers fans could put pressure on the club though about this kind of shit and let them know they find it unacceptable. 

Seems they don't care enough to force their club out the sewer though. 

17 minutes ago, Fermer said:

Aye ok.  You suspect what you want to suspect.  I won't change your mind like I couldnt change the bigots with England tops.  Some folk have closed minds and some have open.  Yours is closed.  Rangers supporter = bigot.  So in the words of blackadder debating with you would be like debating about a broken pencil.  Enjoy the real game where my heart lyes.  Should be in Malta and won't miss many more.

On the contrary the two men I love and admire most in this world, my Dad and Grandad, are both lifelong Rangers fans. They both however have no time for sectarianism and bigotry as practised by the Orange Order and militant loyalist scum you are happy making excuses for. If you care to look through my old posts you'll also see that I have condemned Celtic supporters actions in the past too.

Your unbelievable willingness to excuse this latest episode of stupidity Rangers kind of betrays your sympathies.

May I remind you that a few months ago you got rather upset when a couple of other posters correctly said the Scotland was no longer a Protestant country and that they did not identify as Protestant. That made you rather irritated and you tried to persuade them otherwise. It's obviously clear what your beliefs and agenda's are here. 

6 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

On the contrary the two men I love and admire most in this world, my Dad and Grandad, are both lifelong Rangers fans. They both however have no time for sectarianism and bigotry as practised by the Orange Order and militant loyalist scum you are happy making excuses for. If you care to look through my old posts you'll also see that I have condemned Celtic supporters actions in the past too.

Your unbelievable willingness to excuse this latest episode of stupidity Rangers kind of betrays your sympathies.

May I remind you that a few months ago you got rather upset when a couple of other posters correctly said the Scotland was no longer a Protestant country and that they did not identify as Protestant. That made you rather irritated and you tried to persuade them otherwise. It's obviously clear what your beliefs and agenda's are here. 

Oh god was I really upset.  Fecksake man.  How can you judge a man is upset from behind a keyboard?  I don't give a flying feck about OO or protestantism.  Or Catholism or any other word that ends with ism.  Except plagiarism I suppose.  I stated that Scotland was still a protestant country in terms of religious groups, they are the largest.  Do I care/? Naw.  I am one of the gers guys like your dad and grandad.  How many mair times!!!!!  No getting upset.  You are saying that I am EXCUSING the latest stupidity.  Where aboot??  I said I don't give a feck and it doesn't upset me.

31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm not asking you too try and change the minds of bigots. Rangers fans could put pressure on the club though about this kind of shit and let them know they find it unacceptable. 

Seems they don't care enough to force their club out the sewer though. 

You got a thing about sewers??  Your latest word it seems Parklife.  YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEs. Goal

1 minute ago, Fermer said:

Oh god was I really upset.  Fecksake man.  How can you judge a man is upset from behind a keyboard?  I don't give a flying feck about OO or protestantism.  Or Catholism or any other word that ends with ism.  Except plagiarism I suppose.  I stated that Scotland was still a protestant country in terms of religious groups, they are the largest.  Do I care/? Naw.  I am one of the gers guys like your dad and grandad.  How many mair times!!!!!  No getting upset.  You are saying that I am EXCUSING the latest stupidity.  Where aboot??  I said I don't give a feck and it doesn't upset me.

Yes you do care because a number of times in the past you have got upset when people question certain "culture" and "traditions". Time for you to step into the 21st Century increasingly secular Scotland which rejects all that pish.

My Dad and Graddad hate the Orange Order and all that Ulster loyalist crowd. They have never made excuses for them.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Yes you do care because a number of times in the past you have got upset when people question certain "culture" and "traditions". Time for you to step into the 21st Century increasingly secular Scotland which rejects all that pish.

My Dad and Graddad hate the Orange Order and all that Ulster loyalist crowd. They have never made excuses for them.

You win.

They are a khunt of a club, make no mistake. When they died and got new owners it was a genuine opportunity to start afresh and distance themselves from the bigoted nonsense which has plagued them in the past and they've chosen to carry on as before. I really hope we hammer them next week, anything less than five and i'll be unhappy.

33 minutes ago, Mox said:

They are a khunt of a club, make no mistake. When they died and got new owners it was a genuine opportunity to start afresh and distance themselves from the bigoted nonsense which has plagued them in the past and they've chosen to carry on as before. I really hope we hammer them next week, anything less than five and i'll be unhappy.

Most of us know that both sides of the divide are as bad as each other.