Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 342 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, vanderark14 said:

I'm not

I think deep down you really know that Celtic are way ahead of Rangers in terms of eradicating bigotry from the support. It's just very lazy to say they are both as bad as each other and their is no basis to it. In the last 15-20 years in particular, a huge amount has been done to ensure that any singing that would be deemed sectarian is no longer acceptable at Celtic Park. 

What Rangers did on Saturday was totally unacceptable and by saying 'there's just as bad as each other' legitimises their actions. I am not saying for a second that all our fans are angels, however, any anti protestant feeling is almost non existent, people just  hate The Rangers and that right wing arrogance that an unhealthy number in their support bide by. 

1 hour ago, Mox said:

I think deep down you really know that Celtic are way ahead of Rangers in terms of eradicating bigotry from the support. It's just very lazy to say they are both as bad as each other and their is no basis to it. In the last 15-20 years in particular, a huge amount has been done to ensure that any singing that would be deemed sectarian is no longer acceptable at Celtic Park. 

What Rangers did on Saturday was totally unacceptable and by saying 'there's just as bad as each other' legitimises their actions. I am not saying for a second that all our fans are angels, however, any anti protestant feeling is almost non existent, people just  hate The Rangers and that right wing arrogance that an unhealthy number in their support bide by. 

I agree with you mox.  There are still people, and I know them from the celtic support.  Who are me friends by the way.  That sing in the wee celtic club all the songs of the religious variety.  I go to that club and they embrace me like a pal.  And in the same token I get slagged by the rangers boys just by going there and being a Scotland supporter.  But I like to think I take it in my stride mate.  All I have ever said on this board is that there are so many sides and history its not an easy answer.  My two sisters are married to two season ticket holders at celtic park and practising catholics.  Does it bother me or them that I am a rangers man?  No.  In answer to your statement I would agree celtic are ahead of rangers in that department.  But not by a lot mate.  I have good friends who are celtic bhoys that would concur.  But its all down to opinion at the end of the day i suppose.  Maybe one day we will have a country free of hatred.  I know that Parklife will be reading this as one of the stalwarts of the board and hope I answered his questioning of me yesterday.  Parkie, you seem like a great guy amd semi-intelligent and you have formed your opinions of me which I respect.  But my opinion of you (without actually meeting you)  is that you hate rangers so much it clouds your judgement a lot.  Speaking of sewers etc is not a good and honest debate mate.  Slagging and banter should be what we are about on this board and also in the tartan army.  Nae bile!!! Great result last night and I have been on cloud 9 all day.  But I bet you a pound to a penny someone will find my post here a bigoted post.

Guest BlueGaz
6 minutes ago, Fermer said:

I agree with you mox.  There are still people, and I know them from the celtic support.  Who are me friends by the way.  That sing in the wee celtic club all the songs of the religious variety.  I go to that club and they embrace me like a pal.  And in the same token I get slagged by the rangers boys just by going there and being a Scotland supporter.  But I like to think I take it in my stride mate.  All I have ever said on this board is that there are so many sides and history its not an easy answer.  My two sisters are married to two season ticket holders at celtic park and practising catholics.  Does it bother me or them that I am a rangers man?  No.  In answer to your statement I would agree celtic are ahead of rangers in that department.  But not by a lot mate.  I have good friends who are celtic bhoys that would concur.  But its all down to opinion at the end of the day i suppose.  Maybe one day we will have a country free of hatred.  I know that Parklife will be reading this as one of the stalwarts of the board and hope I answered his questioning of me yesterday.  Parkie, you seem like a great guy amd semi-intelligent and you have formed your opinions of me which I respect.  But my opinion of you (without actually meeting you)  is that you hate rangers so much it clouds your judgement a lot.  Speaking of sewers etc is not a good and honest debate mate.  Slagging and banter should be what we are about on this board and also in the tartan army.  Nae bile!!! Great result last night and I have been on cloud 9 all day.  But I bet you a pound to a penny someone will find my post here a bigoted post.

semi - intelligent :lol:

If you want to chat online about Scotland and have all club allegiances put to one side, then the TAMB is not the place to be.  This board is far more political discussions and club discussions than it is national squad unfortunately.  

2 hours ago, Mox said:

What did rangers do??  AFAIK they played a team in NI and got their pictures taken with a flute band? Hardly a surprise and not sure why unacceptable. Don't get me wrong I think it is sad and hilarious in equal measure that a Scottish? team and their fans spend so much time singing/fighting about another country and religion but that goes for celtic just as much as rangers  

10 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

If you want to chat online about Scotland and have all club allegiances put to one side, then the TAMB is not the place to be.  This board is far more political discussions and club discussions than it is national squad unfortunately.  

should club allegiances be put aside in the non ta chat?

its fair game in here as far as I am concerned, maybe its just not what you want to hear considering its your club show seem to get the brunt of the slagging

Edited by vanderark14

9 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Story of my life pal.  Get slated by rangers supporters who accuse me of being disloyal because I love Scotland and put that first. Get slated by non-rangers suppoerters on this board for being a rangers supporter and being some kind of orangeman.  But hey.  Starting a club like the Sons of Wallace in Armadale was aways going to give me grief bjut I did it along with my pal Jim Sibbald..  I have big shoulders pal.  The samaritans have told me to off now.

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

should club allegiances be put aside in the non ta chat?

its fair game in here as far as I am concerned, maybe its just not what you want to hear considering its your club show seem to get the brunt of the slagging

Sorry buddy, you are mistaking me for someone who gives a fk what is said on here about Rangers.  I do from time to time comment, but never start any club related stuff.  

I was just stating fact.  If it annoyed me that much I wouldn't be here would I?  Do you disagree that this board is more club than national?  you can if you want.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Fermer said:

Story of my life pal.  Get slated by rangers supporters who accuse me of being disloyal because I love Scotland and put that first. Get slated by non-rangers suppoerters on this board for being a rangers supporter and being some kind of orangeman.  But hey.  Starting a club like the Sons of Wallace in Armadale was aways going to give me grief bjut I did it along with my pal Jim Sibbald..  I have big shoulders pal.  The samaritans have told me to off now.

If you let it get to you, you can become a stalwart member of the TAMB gang.  Pros and cons.  :ok:

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Sorry buddy, you are mistaking me for someone who gives a fk what is said on here about Rangers.  I do from time to time comment, but never start any club related stuff.  

I was just stating fact.  If it annoyed me that much I wouldn't be here would I?  Do you disagree that this board is more club than national?  you can if you want.

I would say this particular forum is definietly more club than national which is why its labelled Non-ta football.

TA specific is all about Scotland

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, vanderark14 said:

I would say this particular forum is definietly more club than national which is why its labelled Non-ta football.

TA specific is all about Scotland

Not saying the actual forums are wrong, just referencing the amount of posts to each.

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Not saying the actual forums are wrong, just referencing the amount of posts to each.

Scotland don't play that often so there's a perfectly adequate explanation as to why there are more club related posts.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Scotland don't play that often so there's a perfectly adequate explanation as to why there are more club related posts.

:ok:

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Club allegiances get to people BG.  It is natural.  My biggest concern is that we are all supposed to be Scotland Supporters.  It should be about banter and guile and a laugh.  Thats what I have had in the last 30 years following Scotland.  But this board lends itself to a a lot of club pish.  When folk are drunk they come on and start slating other club teams and thats fine.  But I do find that Rangers get the bulk of the real bile.  And I am not trying to be smart in that but it is true.  And maybe the rangers support deserve it becauseo f the bile they have served up in past and present. But hate doesnt equal hate.  I like this debate because we are all football guys but please dont make it personal.  Because I dont.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Most of us know that both sides of the divide are as bad as each other.

But they're not. One club had an official club policy for decades of not employing Catholics. One Club brought out an Orange top to pander to bigots. One club makes annual trips to pander to bigots. 

They're not comparable. It's just lazy to say "they're both as bad as each other" IMO. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Fermer said:

Club allegiances get to people BG.  It is natural.  My biggest concern is that we are all supposed to be Scotland Supporters.  It should be about banter and guile and a laugh.  Thats what I have had in the last 30 years following Scotland.  But this board lends itself to a a lot of club pish.  When folk are drunk they come on and start slating other club teams and thats fine.  But I do find that Rangers get the bulk of the real bile.  And I am not trying to be smart in that but it is true.  And maybe the rangers support deserve it becauseo f the bile they have served up in past and present. But hate doesnt equal hate.  I like this debate because we are all football guys but please dont make it personal.  Because I dont.

Just set those that annoy you to ignore.  Guarantee you the place brightens up fairly quickly when you do that.  Although a few convos then don't make sense.  

8 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

If you let it get to you, you can become a stalwart member of the TAMB gang.  Pros and cons.  :ok:

Listen BG.  I have followed Rangers and Scotland all my Life.  When I started sons of wallace I would tell guys who wore england tops to go to ibrox and show john greig how much they loved england.  That changed their minds as he would have kicked them all the way back to the dale.  But almost in trouble every week then!!  Young and fit though!.  It was banter to be honest but I made my point.  Going to change my name here as sold farm and got divorced and vow now I am going back to see Scotland as much as I used to.  And rangers sometimes.  But still be seen as a bigot on here by some?

And by the way.  There is a thing called courage in Scotland.  I have it to put my picture on here with my great departed friend, Big Peter Stenlie from Aviemore.  I don't sit, nor would he, behind and anonymous keyboard and slate or threaten fellow Scotland fans.  That was not his or my style.  Lets see who puts thier own picture on.  As it says in Braveheart.  Stand and be recognised.  On the back of my Scotland top in that picture I had Baxter 6.  all the club crap guys.  We are Scotland men.  But we will see.  Wallace would.  Will you?

51 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

What did rangers do??  AFAIK they played a team in NI and got their pictures taken with a flute band? Hardly a surprise and not sure why unacceptable. Don't get me wrong I think it is sad and hilarious in equal measure that a Scottish? team and their fans spend so much time singing/fighting about another country and religion but that goes for celtic just as much as rangers  

It really doesn't. 

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

It really doesn't. 

He is not talking about you or me.  But unfortunatley we are exceptions to the rule.  It depends on where you are from and who your pals are.  I have 5 hibee pals who are all proddies.  What is the perception of hibs fans compared to hearts? No religious bias stuff. Of course there is whether it is perception or not.  Hibs are percieved as the catholic team of edinburgh and hearts the protestant.  My hibs mates totally deny that but surely that is the perception.  In my opinion.  Certainly from the rangers amd celtic community.  What do the heilanders think?  Listen guys, it is only by talikng about these things that will make us closer.  Please dont hate.  Scotland forever.  debate is brilliant without hate.

49 minutes ago, Fermer said:

And by the way.  There is a thing called courage in Scotland.  I have it to put my picture on here with my great departed friend, Big Peter Stenlie from Aviemore.  I don't sit, nor would he, behind and anonymous keyboard and slate or threaten fellow Scotland fans.  That was not his or my style.  Lets see who puts thier own picture on.  As it says in Braveheart.  Stand and be recognised.  On the back of my Scotland top in that picture I had Baxter 6.  all the club crap guys.  We are Scotland men.  But we will see.  Wallace would.  Will you?

Courage is using your own pic as an avatar on a message board.

Poetry for the digital age.