Epl Tv Rights - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Epl Tv Rights

Ridiculous amounts of money being talked about again. All sorts of issues with this.

The thing I wonder though, is if the rights get split across three or four broadcasters (and that's very possible with Sky, BT, BeIn and Eurosport in the mix) are they as valuable? Can Sky really sell subscriptions for the same price if they only have 80 odd games instead of 120?

And as a wee aside, fair play to Chelsea, the only EPL club to commit to ensuring all employees and suppliers are signed up to the living wage. When there's so much cash sloshing about it's disgraceful that no-one else has signed up to this.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Sky really sell subscriptions for the same price if they only have 80 odd games instead of 120?

If people will pay it then they will. And people will pay it. Sky used to have all the games so you only needed one subscription. Now you need 2 and so it costs twice the price.

BT is getting dumped as far as I am concerned. I am close to ditching Sky as well.Skys ridiculous obsession with F1 will ensure inflated subscription fees. If there was ever a cause that could unite football fans it should be the damage that Sky and other broadcasters are inflicting on the majority of clubs in favour of the few.

Edited by EddardStark

BT is getting dumped as far as I am concerned. I am close to ditching Sky as well.Skys ridiculous obsession with F1 will ensure inflated subscription fees. If there was ever a cause that could unite football fans it should be the damage that Sky and other broadcasters are inflicting on the majority of clubs in favour of the few.

I don't have Sky Sports but i get BT as part of my Virgin Media package. I hardly watch any football now, more interested in watching rugby which BT has plenty of.

I don't have Sky Sports but i get BT as part of my Virgin Media package. I hardly watch any football now, more interested in watching rugby which BT has plenty of.

I'm finding this. Bath are on the telly practically every week. Even if they are not, I would much rather sit through a random rugby game compared to a random football game.

I like the NFL on Sky, but that aside, I'm extremely choosy about what football I watch. And half the games I want to watch (Scottish Championship) are on BT!

J

ditto but have sky sports as well.now i love my football but its overload and got to the stage where i`m bored with it and dont want watch it all

Sky 5 out of the 7 packages, Sat morning, both Sunday games and various Monday and Friday games, BT have 2 packages which include week day games and Sat 5:30 games, came to over 5 billion for 3 seasons, absolutely mental! Sky did not want to lose that package and BT were hot on their tails so it had to be done

Listening to Radio 5 on my way to work and was gobsmacked on a few stats

Burnley are richer than Ajax

At present all the 20 EPL sides are in the Top 40 of the richest clubs either in the world or just in europe not quite sure what they actually quoted, with the new package only Barca and Real Madrid will generate more money in a season than the team bottom of the EPL.

Listening to Radio 5 on my way to work and was gobsmacked on a few stats

Burnley are richer than Ajax

At present all the 20 EPL sides are in the Top 40 of the richest clubs either in the world or just in europe not quite sure what they actually quoted, with the new package only Barca and Real Madrid will generate more money in a season than the team bottom of the EPL.

I get what you are saying but I'd say most of the SPL is actually richer than the majority of the EPL as most are debt free as opposed to being millions in debt.

Can only see subscribers chuck it in big numbers if huge price increases follow.

i'd be happy to pay double for my sky subsciption the product is fantastic

unlike my tv licence which i have pay for a channel(s) i never watch

Are you not on here trying to sell Sky Packages every now and then Dan.

It is an odious organization owned by one of the world's top kunts.

I quit several years and it was something I wish I'd done years before .

100+ channels of overpriced repeat filled shite and that is before you get to the sinister fox news type reporting and general cocksucking nature of everything Sky is involved in.

The only question left is who is the biggest , sky or the BBC. Amazingly I'd actually say Sky are now less bigger kunts than the BBC. That took some doing.

I'm finding this. Bath are on the telly practically every week. Even if they are not, I would much rather sit through a random rugby game compared to a random football game.

I like the NFL on Sky, but that aside, I'm extremely choosy about what football I watch. And half the games I want to watch (Scottish Championship) are on BT!

J

Rugby's creeping the same way as football (admittedly at a slower pace).

Large amounts of money are being injected into the English (and French) game because of live TV. Within 5 to 10 years, the financial gap between English and Scottish clubs will be absolutely huge.

Are you not on here trying to sell Sky Packages every now and then Dan.

It is an odious organization owned by one of the world's top kunts.

I quit several years and it was something I wish I'd done years before .

100+ channels of overpriced repeat filled shite and that is before you get to the sinister fox news type reporting and general cocksucking nature of everything Sky is involved in.

The only question left is who is the biggest , sky or the BBC. Amazingly I'd actually say Sky are now less bigger kunts than the BBC. That took some doing.

iv never tried to sell sky tv packages, i do like watching football tho :ok:

I've had sky for about 8 years now. I've had it half price for the past 4 i think. I'm willing to pay 40 quid a month for every sport, movie and entertainment channel in 2 rooms. I think thats a fair price for me and them.

If they didn't give me half price your talking 80 odd quid a month which I wouldn't pay.

I probably watch less football now than I did before. Total saturation and like others I rarely watch a full 90 or I watch it on sky on my laptop with something else on TV. I am getting more interested in the NFL too (although to be fair thats even more of a bloated money farm than the EPL).