Sectarian Singing - Page 14 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sectarian Singing

The usual mince Parky.

The clubs do plenty.

"Plenty" is subjective.

At the two biggest stadia in the county, there are cctv facilities.

How long would it take, do you think, if just one person per week was hauled out of the crowd for "blatant" sectarian shouting/singing and charged and found guilty, for the practice to stop?

Just one per week with their visage all over the tame media and press?

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Plenty" is subjective.

How long would it take, do you think, if just one person per week was hauled out of the crowd for "blatant" sectarian shouting/singing and charged and found guilty, for the practice to stop?

The clubs can ban whoever they like.

How many folk have Celtic and rangers banned for sectarianism in the past 12 months?

Edited by Parklife

"Plenty" is subjective.

Charged? Found guilty? Faces in the press?

I think you're mixing the clubs up with the police.

They are definitely not doing enough.

You only got the one drum to bang?

Try reading the quote from the SPFL. It says all rules were complied with. So neither club can be punished according to their rule book.

What that means is one of two things. The rule book needs changed and/or the police should have done something at the time.

Now grow up and stop pretending that anyone suggested doing nothing.

I'm sorry, are the SPFL proposing to change the rule book to "no sectarian singing" and enforce it?

Are they acknowledging that their rule book has been and is now inadequate to address this problem?

Or are they doing nothing?

Aye, like bringing out orange tops and banning absolutely no one who sings bigoted songs.

Away take your apologist face for a shite.

Try actually reading my posts on this thread. Then maybe you can make an informed comment on me, rather than your bigoted p!sh.

I suppose you're an expert on the community projects undertaken by the clubs both jointly and singularly?

Or do you prefer to live in the past so that you can keep your hatred hot?

The clubs can ban whoever they like.

How many folk have Celtic and rangers banned for sectarianism in the past 12 months?

As has been noted earlier on this thread i didn't realise that the Clubs could do this unilaterally. I always thought they needed grounds backed by the law.

So if you excuse Flure not being able to tell the difference between the clubs and the police he has a good idea.

Even one a week would be something, however I don't know if they are doing this or not as I have no way of finding out.

I'd guess from the lack of information they don't do it.

I'm sorry, are the SPFL proposing to change the rule book to "no sectarian singing" and enforce it?

Are they acknowledging that their rule book has been and is now inadequate to address this problem?

Or are they doing nothing?

I don't know, I'm not the SPFL. I just surmised from their statement.

Maybe you should write to them and complain. They'd have to respond but I doubt you'd get any actual info.

Excuse me?

Can you not read?

You have an inordinate and irrational hatred of anything to do with Rangers including its fans.

You are a bigot.

I have done nothing to you other than voice a differing opinion and yet you think it means you can call me all sorts.

How does it feel to have the Shoe on the other foot?

Can you not read?

You have an inordinate and irrational hatred of anything to do with Rangers including its fans.

You are a bigot.

I have done nothing to you other than voice a differing opinion and yet you think it means you can call me all sorts.

How does it feel to have the Shoe on the other foot?

You're embarrassing yourself.

I have no such hatred of Rangers fans, many of my family and friends are Rangers fans. I went out with a Rangers supporting lassie for years.

I detest Rangers FC as they are an organisation which has perpetuated sectarianism and to this day condone it by refusing to take action to stamp it out within their ground.

I have called you an apologist. Not all sorts.

If you'd like to apologise for your disgusting accusation we can move on.

You're embarrassing yourself.

I have no such hatred of Rangers fans, many of my family and friends are Rangers fans. I went out with a Rangers supporting lassie for years.

I detest Rangers FC as they are an organisation which has perpetuated sectarianism and to this day condone it by refusing to take action to stamp it out within their ground.

I have called you an apologist. Not all sorts.

If you'd like to apologise for your disgusting accusation we can move on.

But I can't apologise to you because then I'd be an apologist!

You have made personal comments about me on more than one occasion because I have a different opinion to you.

I have ignored that for the most part but your continuing "holier than thou" attitude is just too much.

You are completely biased in all of your opinions and this basically invalidates most of what you say.

You do, sometimes, have valid points but you really should reign in the personal abuse and irrational hatred.

I also couldn't care less if you can "move on" as I'm not a member of a Jeremy Kyle audience.

But I can't apologise to you because then I'd be an apologist!

You have made personal comments about me on more than one occasion because I have a different opinion to you.

I have ignored that for the most part but your continuing "holier than thou" attitude is just too much.

You are completely biased in all of your opinions and this basically invalidates most of what you say.

You do, sometimes, have valid points but you really should reign in the personal abuse and irrational hatred.

I also couldn't care less if you can "move on" as I'm not a member of a Jeremy Kyle audience.

You make a horrible and false accusation against me and refuse to make amends for it. I've no interest in conversing further with you. With that attitude, you're not worth my time.

You make a horrible and false accusation against me and refuse to make amends for it. I've no interest in conversing further with you. With that attitude, you're not worth my time.

That's an interesting statement. I had thought the same about you but I continue to discourse with you in the hope that you will learn empathy and be able to see other people are allowed to think differently from you without being "wrong".

I still hope you can be educated.

Charged? Found guilty? Faces in the press?

I think you're mixing the clubs up with the police.

They are definitely not doing enough.

You're right.

I mixed up some terminology.

And that has reduced the incidence of sectarianism not a jot.

If only we could find a way to reduce it, that was based on practicalities rather than avoiding it on technicalities.

Its not horrible, its exactly the way you come across to those that only read yer typed (usually) pish.

It may be the way I come across to people who don't know what a bigot is.

I've no issue with someone thinking I talk pish and telling me that.

Making false accusations of intolerance is unacceptable however.

As has been noted earlier on this thread i didn't realise that the Clubs could do this unilaterally. I always thought they needed grounds backed by the law.

Every commercial organisation "reserves the right to refuse admission".

And providing that right is exercised without breaching Scottish discrimination laws, they could have and can do ban folk.

Try actually reading my posts on this thread. Then maybe you can make an informed comment on me, rather than your bigoted p!sh.

I suppose you're an expert on the community projects undertaken by the clubs both jointly and singularly?

Or do you prefer to live in the past so that you can keep your hatred hot?

I like this post. Yer community projects - they aren't working either.

Living in the past! Living in the past! The Old Firm do many things well and one of them is living in thed past.

I like this post. Yer community projects - they aren't working either.

Living in the past! Living in the past! The Old Firm do many things well and one of them is living in thed past.

They aren't working? You have empirical evidence of this? I can prove they are having a positive impact from personal experience with my local youth club.

It may not be enough but it is having a positive effect.

Your post doesn't advance the discussion though so it's hard to discuss this any further with you, just now.

I don't know, I'm not the SPFL. I just surmised from their statement.

Maybe you should write to them and complain. They'd have to respond but I doubt you'd get any actual info.

They'd have to respond? Why would they have to respond?

You seem to have little actual idea of what's possible and what's not?

You're right.

I mixed up some terminology.

And that has reduced the incidence of sectarianism not a jot.

If only we could find a way to reduce it, that was based on practicalities rather than avoiding it on technicalities.

Look further down. In responding to Parky I pointed out your ideas at the base, were sound.

The clubs could ban based on this type of evidence. They couldn't put out pictures though or they'd be open to being prosecuted themselves.

As an aside would you need the sound to ban them? Since that's the actual offence? Asking as I doubt the CCTV has sound. Probably doesn't matter if the group are all singing the same thing and it can be heard at the time.

They'd have to respond? Why would they have to respond?

You seem to have little actual idea of what's possible and what's not?

Formal written complaints almost always generate a response. Admittedly as they aren't a public body they may be able to ignore even this but nearly every company responds to a written complaint.

They aren't working? You have empirical evidence of this? I can prove they are having a positive impact from personal experience with my local youth club.

It may not be enough but it is having a positive effect.

Your post doesn't advance the discussion though so it's hard to discuss this any further with you, just now.

If they're meant to address sectarian singing at Rangers games then they aren't working.

If they're meant to appease apologists like yourself, then you can take some comfort from that.