Gms - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sheffield Utd have had an £80k bid rejected by Dundee Utd.

Not surprised, that's less than they offered previously innit?

And Celtic have offered him a pre-contract, to get him for free at the end of the season.

Dunno if Utd are better cashing in now, albeit for a paltry amount, or lose him for nothing to a team in the same league later.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be surprised if there was not another offer from someone willing to take a punt on him straight away.

Probably a £150K bid would be enough for Utd not to be able to refuse. Then it would come down to personal contract details in the way of wages, length of contract, where he would be playing his football, etc, etc.

80K is taking the utter pish.

Why would he go to Sheffield United anyway ?

Edit to say that I'd be happy enough if he left United before the semi-final....Shifty and Armstrong are decent enough players but I think that GMS is the one bit of real class in the United team.

They're weakened without him.

Edited by Rossy

GMS is a brilliant wee player IMO - would be delighted if we signed him. Hopefully we can come to an agreement with Utd to get him in Jan. We are dreadful just now - some of our worst performers are our wide players, so this would be a terrific signing for me.

I still reckon we should be doing all we can to sign Armstrong. It's at least heartening to know we're looking within the SPL given the millions we continue to waste on utter crap from elsewhere.

It'll be a shame to see Utd's team broken up, but that's unfortunately just the way of it.

Apparently Thompson told sheff utd not to come back if they were going to take the piss. It's a sh*te situation that Celtic could pick him up for nothing. But it works for all clubs including ourselves. Would always prefer him not to sign for a rival but either way he will go with best wishes from most Arabs.

Would be happy with that. He's not worth selling for the price we would get.

Aye, if £80K is all that clubs would be willing to shell out, utd would be better off keeping him until the end of the season and hope to make the £80K + by finishing the season in the top 3 with GMS helping out.

Thought Guidetti was the new saviour?

He thinks because he comes from Sweden he is the new Henrik, started off ok but his goals have dried up as for the other guy Scepovic he is nearly as a bad centre forward as Ambrose is a bad centre half - I sometimes wonder what the managers are looking at.

As for the topic in question unless Daila is going to off load a couple of wide players why would he want to sign another, in line of priority i would be looking for a centre forward and a centre half

Aye, if £80K is all that clubs would be willing to shell out, utd would be better off keeping him until the end of the season and hope to make the £80K + by finishing the season in the top 3 with GMS helping out.

utd 's price is £250,k or they will haud onto him for the season.