Gms - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wenger on TV and in the press this morning.......

' He is a player we've been looking at for a long time. We hope to sign a contract with him in the summer. If we can do something now we will do it but everything has its price. We haven't talked with him but we have talked to his agent and we understand he is interested in coming to Arsenal'

'We have an opportunity to get him under contract from the summer and we will do what we can to arrange it and hopefully it will be arranged in a few days.'

Van Dijk saying he is keen to go to Aresnal now.....

Sorry guys, only a bit of fun copying Adam's quote from Delilah in relation to GMS.

Just changed Celtic to Arsenal - No harm intended! :oops:

Please tell me that's not what SMcoolJ was talking about? :lol:

It was an obvious pishtake!

Please tell me that's not what SMcoolJ was talking about? :lol:

It was an obvious pishtake!

No - irrespective of Redz micky taking, Arsenal are keen on Van Dijk......?! Van Dijk quoted as saying "if a nice English team are intersted i am interested"

Not sure i think it's a great signing for Arsenal either.

No - irrespective of Redz micky taking, Arsenal are keen on Van Dijk......?! Van Dijk quoted as saying "if a nice English team are intersted i am interested"

And Wenger was talking about him on TV?

My post should have had a question mark after it sorry :shocked:

So no. It's a story in the papers. Like the one yesterday that Arsenal are going to bid £58million for Hummels and Gundogan.

It might be true but it's likely pish.

Apologies SMcoolJ - You do understand any taking of the piss was directed at Celtic's top bananna.......

And was never towards fine dandies such as your good self! :ok:

Edited by Redz

Apologies SMcoolJ - You do understand any taking of the piss was directed at Celtic's top bananna.......

And was never towards fine dandies such as your good self! :ok:

Dinna you worry yersel' loon. I'm sitting reading newspaper reports saying the same thing..... Fair enough, they're newspaper reports!

Is it normal for clubs to officially announce these pre-contracts as soon as they're signed? I know United signed a couple of guys from Partick and the news leaked out, but I don't think they announced it officially. Maybe I'm wrong.

aye being reported by bbc now. i dont like pre contracts at all, and officially announcing them is nonesense really - where is the sporting integrity in that wehn we next play celtic? but all the best to the guy - he has given us some good things to remember.

Hopefully it stays a pre-contract and doesn't happen this month.

Celtic have just strengthened their negotiating position.

I think it will go through this month now. If Utd say £250k is their price for him, they know he is going somewhere else in the summer, I can see Celtic coming in with £150-175k now and saying "Its that or nothing". And Utd probably accepting it.

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA