Films 2015 - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soaked in bleach

Really good. Was hesitant when I heard there were actors playing Kurt, Courtney etc but it's essentially a documentary, with actual audio of conversations between PI and Courtney, with the actors just filling some of the visual gaps.

Presents a solid, concise look at most of the main arguments. Left out a couple of things, like the credit cards being used after his death, but I guess the clearer the argument the better.

One for December 2016, but the Star Wars spinoff "Rogue One" hits the streets.

Set immediately before Ep IV, it chronicles the stealing of the original Death Star plans. I'm hoping for something gritty and dark, like the Chris Nolan Batmans. Take Star Wars in a new direction.

http://youtu.be/r0eEKDfLNPg

J

Inside Out

Was good, enjoyed it. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about though. It's definitely the Pixar film that tries hardest to be clever for parents/adults, and definitely succeeds. It is highly original and very inventive.

I just think it fails as a kids' movie. I can't imagine taking any of the young ones in my family and then laughing at pretty much anything in it. It's not an especially funny film. It gets all the emotional stuff as well as Up, probably better, but I just didn't find it massively entertaining.

Worth a watch for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Really liked it, a lot more than I expected

Aye, cracking seeing a lot of Reese's diddies. I went right to bed horny after watching it. The wife thought I was being all romantic when in reality I couldnae get Witherspoon oot mah heid.

Aye, cracking seeing a lot of Reese's diddies. I went right to bed horny after watching it. The wife thought I was being all romantic when in reality I couldnae get Witherspoon oot mah heid.

Haha you've really captured the spirit of the film

Have you seen election? She's unreal in it. In more ways than one.

Went to see "Straight Outta Compton" the other night, was v good. Recommended :ok:

Given Dr Dre's involvement in the production, it was unsurprising that the film failed to cover his penchant for slipping women around.

I saw 2 good films over the weekend - No Escape and American Ultra. I'm not generally a fan of Wilson or Eisenberg, but both were very good in their respective lead roles

Yep, agreed. The Tupac scene near the end was a WTF moment!

The lad who played Tupac was slated to play Tupac in the biopic before the studio pulled the plug on the production. There's talk of it now possibly getting made following the strong reception for 'Compton'.

On a film-related tangent, one film I would love to see made is a film about the Manson family and their murder rampage in the late 60s. I've just finished listening to the audiobook of Helter Skelter and it was fascinating.

Some brilliant films from European silent era to download completely free on the amazing Internet Archive site

Häxan - A 1922 Danish and Swedish film about Mediaeval superstition and witchcraft that was originally banned in some countries.

https://archive.org/details/Haxan_tinted_and_subtitled

The Cabinet of Doctor Caligari - This 1920 film from Weimar Germany is one of the most influential horror and mystery films of all time.

https://archive.org/details/thecabinetofdrcaligari

The Phantom Carriage - 1921 Swedish film about death and resurrection. Regarded as one of the greatest films in Scandinavian cinema. Has some incredible special effects for the time it was made in.

https://archive.org/details/PhantomCarraige

Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror - When this film was released in 1922, Bram Stoker's widow almost had all the prints destroyed as the producers had not asked her permission to adapt her late husband's book, Dracula. It remains one of Germany's greatest films.

https://archive.org/details/nosferatu_201508

Just a couple of months ago, Nosferatu director F.W. Murnau's tomb in Germany was broken into and his skull was stolen. The police found candle wax on the floor and believe that some occult group broke into the tomb to carry out some weird ritual with Murnau's remains.

Haha you've really captured the spirit of the film

Have you seen election? She's unreal in it. In more ways than one.

Saw Wild a couple of nights ago, after reading the book, and really enjoyed it. Maybe not something I could watch again in the next year or two, but definitely enjoyed it.

Election is a fantastically clever and enjoyable, if somewhat depressing, film. Anyone that hasn't seen it should make sure they do.

On a film-related tangent, one film I would love to see made is a film about the Manson family and their murder rampage in the late 60s. I've just finished listening to the audiobook of Helter Skelter and it was fascinating.

My wife is watching the David Duchovny starring series just out called Aquarius, its about a fictional US detective looking for a missing girl who is with the Manson family.

Went to see "Straight Outta Compton" the other night, was v good. Recommended :ok:

Some story omissions but i'm glad that it's brought the story of the greatest and most influential band of all time in to the mainstream, to a whole new generation.

Very good film. Ice Cube's son is very good at playing his old man and the Eazy-E actor was phenomenal. The Dre actor was OK but seemed to get the part more on looks. The weirdest part of the film was where Cube is kicking back in his crib with his wife while his two kids are playing in the background. In that scene you have Ice Cube being played by his real life son while the part of the son is being played by someone else.

There are some omissions in it, especially around Dre but I found it more focused on Eazy-E anyway. The film made me feel so so sorry for the guy in the end.

My wife is watching the David Duchovny starring series just out called Aquarius, its about a fictional US detective looking for a missing girl who is with the Manson family.

Aye, I've seen a couple of episodes of that. Not as good as the real mental Charlie Boy though

Inside Out

Was good, enjoyed it. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about though. It's definitely the Pixar film that tries hardest to be clever for parents/adults, and definitely succeeds. It is highly original and very inventive.

I just think it fails as a kids' movie. I can't imagine taking any of the young ones in my family and then laughing at pretty much anything in it. It's not an especially funny film. It gets all the emotional stuff as well as Up, probably better, but I just didn't find it massively entertaining.

Worth a watch for sure.

Home wipes the floor with Inside Out.