Good Riddance 2014 - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Became 60 in 2014, 50 of these years I realised independence was the only option. 44 of these years I've worked for it. Never yet shed a tear over the result. Just even more determined. Before I leave this planet Scotland will become an independent country.

Became 60 in 2014, 50 of these years I realised independence was the only option. 44 of these years I've worked for it. Never yet shed a tear over the result. Just even more determined. Before I leave this planet Scotland will become an independent country.

Aye, on ye go, buddy.

We'll get there and you'll be there too, nae doot at all.

You support independence for Scotland (which does not want independence) yet you oppose independence for Palestine (which not only wants independence, but desperately needs it).

For me 2014 was a memorable year - the Scottish people were given the opportunity to ratify the 1707 Treaty of Union and Scotland's place in the UK.

If the result had gone the other way, I don't know what I would have done.

given up shagging gavin and scott?

Edited by irnbruman

You support independence for Scotland (which does not want independence) yet you oppose independence for Palestine (which not only wants independence, but desperately needs it).

I wish you a miserable 2015, you judas qünt. I will meet you any time, any place.

Edited by Mod11
Noted

On moving back to Glasgow an exciting year to live here. The referendum outcome a real sickener only marginally compensated for by the vibrancy of the city in the build up to it. On the whole a memorable year and you can't say that about a lot of years.

Was out for lunch on Saturday with some friends. I knew he was a "no" voter, wasn't sure of his partner. The conversation was light and of course we spoke about the referendum. Friend's partner asked "so you voted yes without even having a currency?". Didn't make much of it at the time but then considered afterwards how when it came to the referendum the statements of the likes of Osbourne and Alexander were seen by those who voted "no" as being firm and unequivocal but in any other circumstances would be scrutinised, questioned and in all likelihood seen as being a bit ridiculous. Maybe some people were indeed just looking for any excuse to vote "no" and hung their hat on any issue they felt they could best explain and understand - in this case currency.