George Square Crash - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

George Square Crash

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just terrible news. Something like this would be awful enough at any time of year but for it to happen at Christmas is crueller still.

First the Clutha, then the School of Art fire and now this - I don't know what this city has done to deserve some of the luck it's had recently. My heart goes out to everyone involved.

It's also worth remembering that it's also close to the anniversary of an almost identical incident In Glasgow a few years ago when someone that shouldnt have been driving mowed down 2 girls on the pavement

Just horrendous

It's also worth remembering that it's also close to the anniversary of an almost identical incident In Glasgow a few years ago when someone that shouldnt have been driving mowed down 2 girls on the pavement

Just horrendous

Aye, I remember that. The guy took a seizure while at the wheel, IIRC.

Was in town earlier and walked past there. Would have been a horrendous thing to witness and of course get caught up in. Dreqdful for anyone injured and of course any pour soul amongst the dead. What's the feckin chances of going into town to do some shopping and then being clipped on the pavement by a bin lorry? Makes you take a step back from trivial worries........

As an aside and completely unrelated to the awfulness of what has happened it would be nice for the reporting to make no mention of the Clutha and shoe-horn in a Jim Murphy connection (political allegiances out the window) - it's lazy and unnecessary. It would also be good if "witnesses" amd rent a quotes would refrain from making reference to the indomitable Glaswegain spirit - it's approaching Liverpudlian heights. Decent people react decently - it's not ingrained into a city dweller's psyche.........

Speaking as a Glaswegian, I couldn't agree more.

Was at a family wedding yesterday so tried to put this out of my head. Waking up today and seeing yhe news etc really was heartbreaking. Glasgow has been hit with some shit the last year or so. Seen people blaming theorry driver which is out of order.