Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players January Transfer Rumours

kmcca5

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing...

Wigan midfielder Shaun Maloney's proposed move from the bottom end of the Championship to the bottom end of the Premier League with Leicester City is OFF.

The Scotland international, 31, has failed to agree personal terms with the Foxes after the two clubs had agreed a fee.

"Shaun went to talk personal terms and those talks have broken down," says Latics boss Malky Mackay.

"He is back as my player again, I have spoken to him this morning and he is here until July unless something changes."

Disappointing...

Wigan midfielder Shaun Maloney's proposed move from the bottom end of the Championship to the bottom end of the Premier League with Leicester City is OFF.

The Scotland international, 31, has failed to agree personal terms with the Foxes after the two clubs had agreed a fee.

"Shaun went to talk personal terms and those talks have broken down," says Latics boss Malky Mackay.

"He is back as my player again, I have spoken to him this morning and he is here until July unless something changes."

No not so disappointing as far as I am concerned. All Leicester would offer him is five months in the top flight as they are surefire certainties for relegation so he would have soon been back playing in the Championship again. Perhaps another EPL side will come in for him that will remain in the top flight now?

No not so disappointing as far as I am concerned. All Leicester would offer him is five months in the top flight as they are surefire certainties for relegation so he would have soon been back playing in the Championship again. Perhaps another EPL side will come in for him that will remain in the top flight now?

Potentially getting relegated again if he doesn't move though.

Probably a good move. I think i'd rather he'd gone to the championship, but at least we'll see him in europe and get an idea of how good he really is. He's an odd player. he has ability, for sure, but his number never quite reached what you expect him to do. this is maybe the best season he's had in that repect tho, so hopefully he can push on.

He's got a bit to do to get ahead of anya, maloney, snodgrass and russell in my book, but at least he'll have a bigger stage to show what he can do. good luck to him.

From what I've seen of him the last couple months.I can't understand how a decent championship side in England hasn't come in for him. I really don't get the attraction of Celtic, not now anyway. Simply aren't geared for champs league football anymore. Hopefully he does well enough at Celtic in the next couple of seasons and gets himself a move to Epl or Spain etc