Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

Haven't see any highlights from yesterday, but at the time in the ground I thought it looked a fair enough sending of re Gomis. Game over from that point, just a question of how many. Didn't look like a penalty, but then again I couldn't see anything wrong with the 'goal' when Alexander spilled the ball. Arsehole of a ref. Celtic were physical, but played the him well. Gomis was unprofessional in committing a foul that will attract a red card more often than not, so early in a game, that left his team mates high and dry. Speaking to a number of folk on Saturday and in the boozer before the game, it seemed reasonably well known that Hearts weren't prioritising the match, no-one carrying a knock was going to be risked (I understand serious thought was given to leaving out Keatings too). The plan was to avoid any injury (failed), further suspension (failed) or a humping (failed). Bit like the defeat by England a couple of weeks back; sore but irrelevant in the bigger picture.

Edited by Pool Q

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spartans v Berwick Rangers or Albion Rovers
Partick Thistle v St Mirren or Inverness CT
Stranraer or Dunfermline Athletic v Dundee United
Falkirk v Annan Athletic or Brechin City
Hibernian v Arbroath
Dundee v Celtic
Rangers v Raith Rovers
Queen of the South v St Johnstone

Spartans v Berwick Rangers or Albion Rovers

Partick Thistle v St Mirren or Inverness CT

Stranraer or Dunfermline Athletic v Dundee United

Falkirk v Annan Athletic or Brechin City

Hibernian v Arbroath

Dundee v Celtic

Rangers v Raith Rovers

Queen of the South v St Johnstone

Spartans

Thistle

Stranraer

Falkirk

Hibs

Dundee

Rangers

Queens

Rubbish.

Aberdeen fans on here criticise their team when it's needed...all the time in fact.

Can you not be honest and say that you couldn't wait to jump in on Saturday half way through the Aberdeen game and get your 'this is rubbish' comments in....simply because you're pissed that Rangers have been getting it in the neck from Dons fans on here ?

It's blatantly obvious that's what you're doing....you'll get a lot more recognition if you just admit it.. :lol:

You are obviously looking at me like you would yourself.

I'm not just blindly attacking Aberdeen. I know you're hurting now that you're out the cup again but the overly defensive huffing is pathetic.

Read all of my posts and then actually think about what I've said.

I've stated in haven't seen much of your team this season. I'm going on others opinions that they played averagely compared to their standards this season. If that is the case then I'm not impressed.

Now, we are keech in general but can perform reasonably on a given day. Strolled it yesterday with the keeper not only keeping a clean sheet but clean gloves.

The empirical evidence is that we've beaten 3 SPFL sides this season without conceding. Now, if we are that bad how can this have happened unless the SPFL sides are also keech?

Since your side isn't clear in 2nd then I'm assuming they are no better than those around that.

It's a logical argument. I don't care if it upsets you. I'm pretty sure Aberdeen would beat us but as the difference is so small image think we'd have a chance. We just won't find out this season.

Given St Johnstone (much like your club) are underwritten by their owners I'm not sure they're a valid example. Killie had debt written-off so their position their freedom from debt isn't based on their actual financial performance and can two clubs with average gates on under 300 sustain full-time football in the long-term (or does their current league positions say it all).

Bull. When saints make a loss they cut their cloth. They're they best run club from a financial point of view for the last thirty years.

Bit rich of Rangers fans to suggest having debt written off somehow doesn't count.

Bull. When saints make a loss they cut their cloth. They're they best run club from a financial point of view for the last thirty years.

Bit rich of Rangers fans to suggest having debt written off somehow doesn't count.

I think you'll find I responded to this on the previous page, I made a mistake and I acknowledged that. But don't let that get in the way of rant.

Given St Johnstone (much like your club) are underwritten by their owners I'm not sure they're a valid example. Killie had debt written-off so their position their freedom from debt isn't based on their actual financial performance and can two clubs with average gates on under 300 sustain full-time football in the long-term (or does their current league positions say it all).

Who has average gates of under 300?

I presume you mean 3000. Killie haven't had crowds that average 3000 since around the time Rangers started signing Catholics.

Who has average gates of under 300?

I presume you mean 3000. Killie haven't had crowds that average 3000 since around the time Rangers started signing Catholics.

Yes the 300 was a typo but the 3000 referred to Accies, ICT and Ross County, though it won't long until you are down there.

Hope you has a good day yesterday and enjoy your slide down the league.