School Trips - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 12 year old lassie came in fae school last week wae a leaflet about a trip to New York next year...at a mere £1700.00 each child....for 5 nights, sightseeing and a show or 2...SEVENTEEN HUNDRED QUID!!

Whe the f*ck are these things so expensive? Is that also paying for teachers to go on a jolly too?

Needless tae say she's no' going, mainly because ah'v got a St. Pauli trip in December and away trip to the Ireland match next summer ;)

That is ripping the pish. Why not take her and a couple of pals to St Pauli? It'll be mair work but she'll see more than she ever would in New York...

Aye it's certainly swanked up a bit now.

It was another fairly grim place, just a big field you drove around with some disinterested bears watching from the distance.

IIRC the house contained a huge display of Airfix models which impressed me the most...

Out of interest (and I've no idea) - are these trips during normal term time? What do the kids who don't go do, still go to school?

I remember in P7 I missed the week the class went to Kaimes (one for the Ayrshire folk) because I broke my shoulder. Still had to go to school and work in a small merged P7 class of folk who couldn't go for various reasons. Still gutted :(

The 13 year auld laddie came hame with a booklet of trips. He chose Valencia football academy, which has a 4* hotel attached to it £770 for 4 nights.

New York and Washington was on it about £1500ish, but he was in New York this summer. There was also a trip to China which was about £3k but he wisnae auld enough.

I remember when I was in third year the year the trip was to the Vatican to meet John Paul. Out of my year of 80 there were 3 of us who missed out. I was one of that three. In my year you either came from money or pure shite. I was the latter!

I remember when I was in third year the year the trip was to the Vatican to meet John Paul. Out of my year of 80 there were 3 of us who missed out. I was one of that three. In my year you either came from money or pure shite. I was the latter!

Did you have to settle for George and Ringo then?

It was another fairly grim place, just a big field you drove around with some disinterested bears watching from the distance.

Try driving through on a hot day in a van full of sweets on a hot day.

The 12 year old lassie came in fae school last week wae a leaflet about a trip to New York next year...at a mere £1700.00 each child....for 5 nights, sightseeing and a show or 2...SEVENTEEN HUNDRED QUID!!

Whe the f*ck are these things so expensive? Is that also paying for teachers to go on a jolly too?

Needless tae say she's no' going, mainly because ah'v got a St. Pauli trip in December and away trip to the Ireland match next summer ;)

That is a huge rip off. Good choice.

We (as nippers) went on a coach trip to Bannockburn I think it was. My memory of the entire historical trip is obliterated by the journey on the bus where we were playing (& singing along to) Adam & the Ants' album (the one before the Prince Charming pish), that I remember vividly.