New jersey - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jersey

Bzzzz

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I wear my jerseys outside of match day, Khaki's and a home jersey are my go-to's.Ā  I live abroad so maybe my attitude is different.Ā Ā 

Do you wear them over your hoodie?

I have a new appreciation for the away now Ive seen what they did with the pattern on the side and the back. The home looks too modern for my liking, but all this said I want us to nake history with these two so I hope to be looking at pictures and video of the team wearing them for many a year.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Southside TA said:

Does any know the current JD Scotland Supporters Club Discount Code?

Got this from the SFA as of about 3 weeks ago.

the code for use on the JD Sports app is SSC17068

On 3/11/2024 at 2:17 PM, DesiScotsman said:

On first glance, neither kits really fill me with excitement although I'm one of those folks that prefers to see something in person before I purchase it or not - particulary something that will not be cheap. If decide to purchase then hope they come with the Euro 24 sleeve emblems rather than having to pay a seperate price for that to be printed on the sleeves too.

Any rough idea on what date they will be released? I know it says late March but a specific date would have been more helpful.

An extra tenner for that. Or slightly less than a tenner with the discount I suppose.Ā 

Theyā€™re both a crock of dugshite. Whoever it was from the SFA that gave these strips the go ahead needs disciplinary action at speed

The home looks like a goalie top and the away well is boring, bland and unimaginative

For Ā£75-Ā£85 per unit they can ram them both right up their balloon knots

My 2 cents worth is the home top isn't too bad!Ā  People were moaning we'd get a boring, off the shelf template and we actually get a bespoke design and people hate itĀ šŸ˜‚.Ā  They missed a trick not using the Portland Timbers home top design for our home top. I'm not a fan of the yellow parts though.

The away one I want to like but the purple trim ruins it for me.Ā  If the trim had been dark navy it would have been an absolute belter imo.

The carry on with us selling shirts is so infuriating. I had a total nightmare with the 150th top, ordered it gotemail cnfirmation then it was a follow up email saying it was sold out. So bought the boxed version Ā£120Ā (minus SSC) and was then told it was a 4 month wait. In meantime the shirt went back on sale. Sent emails to SSC and SFA to complain but got nothing back other than a generic apology.

So yesterday bought the home top for Ā£75 (minus SSC)Ā  and got email confirmation and then 5 minutes later it was cancelled. Its now back on sale 24 hours later but i dont have the shirt in transit or my money back yet.

Just bought the Ā£85 top yesterdayĀ (minus SSC) and thats now with Evri to be delivered tomorrow!

What a complete fuss and faff every time. Also had to email the SSC email to get the latest JD code as its not on the website, SSC account protal or been in any emails I could find.

Edited by beeky86

4 hours ago, kwhitelaw said:

My 2 cents worth is the home top isn't too bad!Ā  People were moaning we'd get a boring, off the shelf template and we actually get a bespoke design and people hate itĀ šŸ˜‚.Ā  They missed a trick not using the Portland Timbers home top design for our home top. I'm not a fan of the yellow parts though.

The away one I want to like but the purple trim ruins it for me.Ā  If the trim had been dark navy it would have been an absolute belter imo.

Portland Timbers Scotified would have be an all time great IMO. This pattern on this new home, they are saying its inspired by Tartan, I don't believe that at all.Ā  I think its more the new tops got handed to marketing and they said come up with a way to sell that.Ā  Ā Ā 

Just had my shirt delivered, I loved it before I saw it, and love it even more in the flesh..... first thought was it harks back to the Euro 92 kit, as that was the one it made me think of first.

Ā 

Bought a number of shirts yesterday to try on and they have just arrived.

The weird thing is and Iā€™ve figured it out now itā€™s the material. Some material feels clingy and unforgiving (ie a tight weave) some doesnā€™t.

So last season I bought home and away in XL. The away is fine the home too tight. But put them both together and they are the exact same size.

The Euro 24 shirts are the same but in reverse. I kept the home XL, and sized up to XXL for the away shirt.

Point is, itā€™s worth trying on if you carry a bit of timber.

Like the shirts, canā€™t wait for Germany!Ā 
Ā 

J

They are both hideous. Even players modelling them cant make them look good. I heard someone say the home strip looks like the seats on a No 43 bus which is fairly accurate. Might look better in real life I suppose..

Ā 

1 hour ago, beeky86 said:

The carry on with us selling shirts is so infuriating. I had a total nightmare with the 150th top, ordered it gotemail cnfirmation then it was a follow up email saying it was sold out. So bought the boxed version Ā£120Ā (minus SSC) and was then told it was a 4 month wait. In meantime the shirt went back on sale. Sent emails to SSC and SFA to complain but got nothing back other than a generic apology.

So yesterday bought the home top for Ā£75 (minus SSC)Ā  and got email confirmation and then 5 minutes later it was cancelled. Its now back on sale 24 hours later but i dont have the shirt in transit or my money back yet.

Just bought the Ā£85 top yesterdayĀ (minus SSC) and thats now with Evri to be delivered tomorrow!

What a complete fuss and faff every time. Also had to email the SSC email to get the latest JD code as its not on the website, SSC account protal or been in any emails I could find.

Sounds exactly like the ticket sale.Ā 

53 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

They are both hideous. Even players modelling them cant make them look good. I heard someone say the home strip looks like the seats on a No 43 bus which is fairly accurate. Might look better in real life I suppose..

Ā 

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

That might confuse a few bus drivers. They'll think they have any empty bus and then shit themselves when 30 "empty" seats start belting out Flower of Scotland.