New jersey - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jersey

Bzzzz

56 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

What do you make of them McT? 

Home one looks much better in the other pic that’s going about, looks a lot more subtle than the first pic. Not great though. 
Away one is bowfing I’m afraid. 

Edited by McTeeko

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, thesaint said:

Do their shirts not have the adidas name on the front?

Yes they do, I have posted a few picture of jerseys I've bought from DHGate and given my feedback on them. I've never owned an official/replica of one I have bought from DHGate in order to totally scrutinize the material but from the ones I have, I would not even suspect they are not the real ones. 

1 minute ago, romanticscot said:

Yes they do, I have posted a few picture of jerseys I've bought from DHGate and given my feedback on them. I've never owned an official/replica of one I have bought from DHGate in order to totally scrutinize the material but from the ones I have, I would not even suspect they are not the real ones. 

I kept hearing this, so bought a Nike (Barcelona) top from DHGate last season and bought the official kit from Nike at the same time to compare. 

The differences were certainly noticeable to me, but I appreciate that it’s not a million miles off and also a big difference in price so a lot of folk will seemingly be happy with the DHGate efforts.  

14 hours ago, thesaint said:

Do their shirts not have the adidas name on the front?

They won't have them on the pictures on the site but when the top arrives it will have it.

For £14 they are well worth it, bought many now and never had any issues 

2 hours ago, Kirk said:

They won't have them on the pictures on the site but when the top arrives it will have it.

For £14 they are well worth it, bought many now and never had any issues 

They’re sometimes a wee bit tight around & below the chest 🥴

Has there ever been any market research done as to what the demographics are of people who buy football tops?

Does anyone realise how ridiculous it looks to see a grown adult wearing replica jerseys. Would you go to the pictures dressed as Harry Potter?

I dont feel the need to dress up like the players just as I wouldn’t go to see Beethoven in the pictures dressed up as a St Bernard dug or go to see Grease at the Winter Gardens with a white T-shirt and bikers jaiket

Nothing wrong with adults wearing International tops 

Wearing club tops outwith game day is another matter

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Has there ever been any market research done as to what the demographics are of people who buy football tops?

Does anyone realise how ridiculous it looks to see a grown adult wearing replica jerseys. Would you go to the pictures dressed as Harry Potter?

I dont feel the need to dress up like the players just as I wouldn’t go to see Beethoven in the pictures dressed up as a St Bernard dug or go to see Grease at the Winter Gardens with a white T-shirt and bikers jaiket

Don't have a problem with wearing on matchday. It's just a shirt for f.cks sake. I take it you don't go the match topless. You still wear a shirt right. A football shirt is just... well another shirt. Also why do you even care? I take it you aren't a music fan and have never wore a band t. shirt to a gig. Seems a bit ridiculous to have such a strong opinion on it. It takes all sorts I suppose. 🤔

7 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

They’re sometimes a wee bit tight around & below the chest 🥴

🤣 Depends what size you are and what size you think you are 👀

7 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Loada shite, football tops in the summer when it's hot and sweaty are far better than a cotton t-shirt. Wouldn't wear it going out for dinner or that but for kicking about or going to the shops or something there's nothing wrong with it. 

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Nothing wrong with adults wearing International tops 

Wearing club tops outwith game day is another matter

Correct

48 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

It is a form of national identity and show of pride in where you are from and who you support.

Going by his posts on other threads that will be why he doesn't like them ...

Got to say I'm REALLY disappointed (as usual) but especially so with these jerseys. 

We've been celebrating our 150th anniversaries, 150(+ now) since we hosted the first international game in history, since we took the game around the world, something that we should be shouting from the rafters, aye, we had the braw 150th jersey which shows we CAN do it, but we're looking at a bog standard template nothing jersey, and the away one is awful. You'd have thought the SFA would be all over this, they'd have had a chat with their rep at Adidas and done something special, even MORE special because we're opening the Euro Champs, the ENTIRE footballing world will be watching and will see oor jerseys... it's the opportunity of a fkin lifetime... I might be missing the point somewhere along the line but for me it's mystifying. 

On first glance, neither kits really fill me with excitement although I'm one of those folks that prefers to see something in person before I purchase it or not - particulary something that will not be cheap. If decide to purchase then hope they come with the Euro 24 sleeve emblems rather than having to pay a seperate price for that to be printed on the sleeves too.

Any rough idea on what date they will be released? I know it says late March but a specific date would have been more helpful.

1 minute ago, DesiScotsman said:

On first glance, neither kits really fill me with excitement although I'm one of those folks that prefers to see something in person before I purchase it or not - particulary something that will not be cheap. If decide to purchase then hope they come with the Euro 24 sleeve emblems rather than having to pay a seperate price for that to be printed on the sleeves too.

Any rough idea on what date they will be released? I know it says late March but a specific date would have been more helpful.

I would say a good chance they may be on sale from next week in time for the double header of friendlies orbif not then the day before the Northern Ireland match.

On 3/10/2024 at 1:56 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

Not sure even the biggest Harry Potter fans would stand up throughout the whole movie chanting, 'There's only one Harry Potter' either. 

I could be wrong but I think football and fantasy movies are different 🤔

5 minutes ago, todd said:

Not sure even the biggest Harry Potter fans would stand up throughout the whole movie chanting, 'There's only one Harry Potter' either. 

I could be wrong but I think football and fantasy movies are different 🤔

I’ll take your point and ask if you’d go to see a live recording of Strictly On Ice dressed as Torvel and Dean?