Friendlies pre euros - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Friendlies pre euros

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibraltar (Faro) and Finland at home confirmed.

Quick look at flights to Faro and South-Western Spain from Scotland, and all wrong side of £250.... not something wanting to do just over a week before going out to spend at least 10 days in Germany.

Very similar to everyone else on here - be giving Faro a miss due to money / holidays. 

I’ll be sensible and just drive to the Finland game - in and out. 

When do we need to renew SSC memberships? Any guesses. That’s another £50

1 minute ago, GaryWood34 said:

When do we need to renew SSC memberships? Any guesses. That’s another £50

December 2024/January 2025..... your current membership takes you to the end of this year.

3 minutes ago, wanderer said:

December 2024/January 2025..... your current membership takes you to the end of this year.

Good to know, cheers!

I take it will it be the same seat you had for the Euro qualifiers & England friendly or will we be getting to choose new seats for both the NI & Finland friendlies as well as the NL fixtures once announced?

Edited by DesiScotsman

Not doing it for me. No way I could swing the away game so close to the Euros. Especially with the leave situation.

Why is the Finland game not on the Saturday? Friday night a terrible decision. 

Also, other than being some warm weather training, not sure what we get from playing Gibraltar.

J

5 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Not doing it for me. No way I could swing the away game so close to the Euros. Especially with the leave situation.

Why is the Finland game not on the Saturday? Friday night a terrible decision. 

Also, other than being some warm weather training, not sure what we get from playing Gibraltar.

J

I suspect we were probably holding out for a game like the Netherlands one in Faro before Euro 2020, and Gibraltar probably best we could get

Gibraltar game should be the confidence builder as part of the warm weather camp. 

Finland game will be a good step up from that for a home send off match. As for it being Friday - I think we need to trust/hope Clark is having the ultimate sign off on schedule based on what suits the players.  I’m fine with that. 

28 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Gibraltar game should be the confidence builder as part of the warm weather camp. 

Finland game will be a good step up from that for a home send off match. As for it being Friday - I think we need to trust/hope Clark is having the ultimate sign off on schedule based on what suits the players.  I’m fine with that. 

Exactly this. Warm weather camp with shooting practice at the end, with a stronger test at home few days later in front of a sell out crowd. 

Looked at the flights this morning, not totally ruling it out but will be waiting to see if Killie get into Europe before booking anything. Can't see us taking many less than a fortnight before Germany.

Have Gibraltar still not built a stadium? They've had years.

A return to the out of town Estadio Algarve?   Pity it's not the Farense stadium, which is about a 10 minute walk from Faro centre/marina.

Monday and Friday? A minimum of 3 days holiday when it could have been 1.

So much to cram in this year. 

15 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Have Gibraltar still not built a stadium? They've had years.

They have had major issues with funding of it after COVID.

Land is hard enough to get on the Rock, and they have had 2 sites in mind, then settled on upgrading the stadium thats basically on the runway at the airport.

Work was suppose to start just before COVID to upgrade it, but then work halted, and been no movement since.

5 hours ago, DesiScotsman said:

Was hoping the home friendly would be a Saturday instead of a Friday. I’m fast running out of holidays and that’s not even including the Nations League fixtures to be determined later this year.

Although staying locally always look for a wee overnight in Glasgow as part of a home game! Unfortunately must be quite a few other things ongoing that night in the area as being quoted minimum of  £150 and much much higher per 2 person room for one night. Shame for those that do need to travel from further afield! 

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Looking at flights to Faro just now, not much in the way of cheap flights. 

Might need to sit this one out given what else is on in June!

Because of the euros and all that entails regarding money and time etc wasn't even going to go to Amsterdam. Eventually decided to go but this one in Faro is just a step too far and way too close to a minimum 12 days in Germany. Would be surprised if we took many more than 750 to 1000.

3 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Because of the euros and all that entails regarding money and time etc wasn't even going to go to Amsterdam. Eventually decided to go but this one in Faro is just a step too far and way too close to a minimum 12 days in Germany. Would be surprised if we took many more than 750 to 1000.

Aye, i'll be flying back out to Germany if we make it out the groups, so probably wise to keep money for that! 

So that's four friendlies pre-tournament - 2 in March and 2 in June so if any new faces are to show March is the time to do it.  I would like Shankland to be given more minutes, Hardie called up and/or Tommy Conway. I also want to get over the drama that will come with Ryan Fraser so let's get that out the way, as IMO he should definitely be back in the squad. 

Dominic Hyam and Josh Doig also in there. I can't escape Ryan Gauld, call him up and give him a chance.

If it were me in charge, the squad for the March games would be 26 players at least, anything less is a missed opportunity. 

31 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

So that's four friendlies pre-tournament - 2 in March and 2 in June so if any new faces are to show March is the time to do it.  I would like Shankland to be given more minutes, Hardie called up and/or Tommy Conway. I also want to get over the drama that will come with Ryan Fraser so let's get that out the way, as IMO he should definitely be back in the squad. 

Dominic Hyam and Josh Doig also in there. I can't escape Ryan Gauld, call him up and give him a chance.

If it were me in charge, the squad for the March games would be 26 players at least, anything less is a missed opportunity. 

If Shankenstein goes to Ibrox the press will want him as first choice up front , Ryan Gauld 😆

5 hours ago, DesiScotsman said:

Good to know, cheers!

I take it will it be the same seat you had for the Euro qualifiers & England friendly or will we be getting to choose new seats for both the NI & Finland friendlies as well as the NL fixtures once announced?

In the past it has tended to be a new package means a new seat. I would imagine the SFA will do a 5-game package covering N Ireland, Finland plus the 3 Autumn Nation League games with details out in February after the NL draw

35 minutes ago, Northern Light said:

In the past it has tended to be a new package means a new seat. I would imagine the SFA will do a 5-game package covering N Ireland, Finland plus the 3 Autumn Nation League games with details out in February after the NL draw

I agree with this. 👍👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿