Scotland V Norway - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Norway

Caledonian Craig

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A know it’s a dead rubber and we’ve qualified but.. am actually quite annoyed at Ferguson not getting a start, guy turns up for every squad and doesn’t moan, Shankland also unlucky after his goal but Brown also deserves a proper chance.

Would liked to have seen Doig and Ferguson start instead of Taylor and McLean. 
But maybe they’ll get their chance 2nd half, depending on how the game is going. I do think that playing 1 of Gilmour or MacGregor is right. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gilmour on for MacGregor 2nd half. 

Edited by Scot1

6 minutes ago, Eassy said:

A know it’s a dead rubber and we’ve qualified but.. am actually quite annoyed at Ferguson not getting a start, guy turns up for every squad and doesn’t moan, Shankland also unlucky after his goal but Brown also deserves a proper chance.

Brown had a good run out recently but think ‘deserves a proper chance’ is taking it a bit far. Obviously down to team shape and his attributes, but I think shankland should have been back in after his late goal the other night.

3 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Brown had a good run out recently but think ‘deserves a proper chance’ is taking it a bit far. Obviously down to team shape and his attributes, but I think shankland should have been back in after his late goal the other night.

Maybe worded it wrong mate but deserves a start based on turning up to squads consistently with little game time

I wasn't expecting that but Brown was impressive in Lille. I still wonder if he actually had no intention of playing Shankland but brought him on as Carver had encouraged him to make the most of his call-up. Could also be that it ends up being Adams who doesn't go the Euros and we have Dykes/Brown/Shankland.

Thought we might have gone to a back five to be honest.

5 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m pretty sure its all done by computer these days. I don’t think any team gets to choose their kick off times. It’s all done for TV. 

which is pretty ironic given many/most of us can't see it on tv

15 minutes ago, exile said:

which is pretty ironic given many/most of us can't see it on tv

Didn't realise my Viaplay subscription auto renewed on 17th so pleasantly surprised could watch it tonight.

...although maybe not pleasantly the way things have started 🫣