Haaland out? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Haaland out?

Haggis_trap

I am hearing rumor Haaland is likely out of Sundays match.
Seems to have rolled his ankle last night vs the Faroes.

His presence would have added some interest to the match - especially given we dont need 3pts.
Always want to beat the opposition with their best players on park.
Haaland clearly one of world footballs biggest names right now.
Would have been good chance for Scottish public to see him in flesh.

He is apparently carrying a knock for weeks, but I think Norway were hoping he would make the Scotland game, but now looks like Norway are as good as out completely, as it will take a load of freak results for then to sneak a Nations League play off spot. 

3 hours ago, wanderer said:

He is apparently carrying a knock for weeks, but I think Norway were hoping he would make the Scotland game, but now looks like Norway are as good as out completely, as it will take a load of freak results for then to sneak a Nations League play off spot. 

I was just looking at the Nations League standings and referencing it to the current Euro tables.  I think it's actually quite likely Norway will get one of the playoff spots

3 hours ago, todd said:

I was just looking at the Nations League standings and referencing it to the current Euro tables.  I think it's actually quite likely Norway will get one of the playoff spots

They need Israel to qualify. Massive game tomorrow, Israel v Romania, winner all but qualifies.

Edited by Gala Tartan Army (Borders)

26 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Reckon he will play for an hour. Man City must be raging though why play the guy for 45 minutes v Faroes?

Odegaard, Sorloth, Meling, Nyland and Nusa are definitely out, probably four of them would start.

4 definate starters out.Welcome to our world.

18 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Havent read that but maybe true.

I might be taking shyte?

I had another wee look and, it looks to me, that if Ukraine don't beat Italy, then Italy won't need their playoff place as they will qualify directly. Norway would then get Italy's playoff place in the League A playoff path.

I'm thinking that Norway probably do have a decent chance of a playoff, but it's more likely to be filling up a vacant space in the League A playoff path. It looks like the only teams needing their playoff spot from League A will be Poland, one of Wales and Croatia, possibly Czech Rep (if they lose to Moldova), and possibly Italy (if they lose to Ukraine)?

So, I think that means that a team from League B moves up to fill any vacant space, if Italy don't need their playoff place. 

As things stand that place would go to Iceland. But, as you say, if Israel qualify directly then Iceland would take the final League B playoff spot and Norway would take the final League A spot.

I've probably missed out some other scenario somewhere though? 😂

I've just noticed that Armenia are still in the mix if they could win their last two games. 😂 I'll just assume that's not going to happen to save myself some thinking time.

55 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I might be taking shyte?

I had another wee look and, it looks to me, that if Ukraine don't beat Italy, then Italy won't need their playoff place as they will qualify directly. Norway would then get Italy's playoff place in the League A playoff path.

I'm thinking that Norway probably do have a decent chance of a playoff, but it's more likely to be filling up a vacant space in the League A playoff path. It looks like the only teams needing their playoff spot from League A will be Poland, one of Wales and Croatia, possibly Czech Rep (if they lose to Moldova), and possibly Italy (if they lose to Ukraine)?

So, I think that means that a team from League B moves up to fill any vacant space, if Italy don't need their playoff place. 

As things stand that place would go to Iceland. But, as you say, if Israel qualify directly then Iceland would take the final League B playoff spot and Norway would take the final League A spot.

I've probably missed out some other scenario somewhere though? 😂

I've just noticed that Armenia are still in the mix if they could win their last two games. 😂 I'll just assume that's not going to happen to save myself some thinking time.

I'm confused about this whole playoffs now. Looking at the Nations League tables, Norway have 10 points and Finland 8, doesn't that mean Norway get the league B playoff ahead of them? Or am I over simplifying it?

Wait, just realised the results against the bottom team are discounted cos Russia 

Edited by todd

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Shame he's out, simply because I'd like to see our players testing themselves against the best in the business and Haaland is one of those.

Haven’t we been tested enough recently by the best in the business? Could be doing with an easy game  😂

If we needed something from tomorrow’s game him being out would be great news but it makes very little difference now. 

I suppose it makes a dead rubber slightly less interesting. 

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Haven’t we been tested enough recently by the best in the business? Could be doing with an easy game  😂

If we needed something from tomorrow’s game him being out would be great news but it makes very little difference now. 

I suppose it makes a dead rubber slightly less interesting. 

I was just about to say the same thing! 😂

We've just played three of the best teams in Europe, one after the other, and our record is: P3 L3 GF 2 GA 9. 😬