Haaland out? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Haaland out?

Haggis_trap

1 hour ago, JandC said:

With 4 of their top players out and nothing to play for, the 5/4 price for a Scotland win looks like a steal.

And even with Haaland and co, theyre not that great anyway so I'm surprised Scotland aren't odds on. 

We are missing a lot of players as well and we don’t really have anything to play for either so those odds don’t surprise me. 

I do think we’ll win though. Hampden will be bouncing and if we get off to a good start and maybe get an early goal I think it will only go one way. 

3 hours ago, JandC said:

With 4 of their top players out and nothing to play for, the 5/4 price for a Scotland win looks like a steal.

And even with Haaland and co, theyre not that great anyway so I'm surprised Scotland aren't odds on. 

Probably the Georgia performance plus our recent form(last few games) is why we are that price. 

I think it will be a draw. 

It is almost a meaningless game but I have a strong feeling that Norway won't be bothered either way so I'm going Scotland by 2.

If we can get an early goal and start bossing the midfield then I can see them offering nothing. 

Hopefully this post won't come back to bite me later!

7 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Probably the Georgia performance plus our recent form(last few games) is why we are that price. 

I think it will be a draw. 

Losses have been against some of the best teams in the world in France and Spain (both away) and England (at home) hardly shocking losses against Belarus, Israel and Armenia stuff is it?

On 11/18/2023 at 12:26 PM, todd said:

I'm confused about this whole playoffs now. Looking at the Nations League tables, Norway have 10 points and Finland 8, doesn't that mean Norway get the league B playoff ahead of them? Or am I over simplifying it?

Wait, just realised the results against the bottom team are discounted cos Russia 

Standings for the Nations League play off's are based on your performances in the Nations League, not the Euro Qualifiers.

Its that strange situation where for Euro 2020 it was confirmed that our play off would be against Finland, but because they later on went to qualify via the Qualifiers, it meant that their spot went to the next highest team who performed best in the Nations League (which was Israel), and this is pretty much how Finland have now got our spot in the Nations League play off spots in March.

Could be wrong, but I think it also means that even if we have a terrible Nations League Campaign, being in pool A means that we are probably most likely going to get a play off spot as you would imagine 99% of Pool A teams would qualify for the World Cup. 

54 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Could be wrong, but I think it also means that even if we have a terrible Nations League Campaign, being in pool A means that we are probably most likely going to get a play off spot as you would imagine 99% of Pool A teams would qualify for the World Cup. 

The playoffs for WC 2026 will be different. I think this has been passed by UEFA but still to be ratified by FIFA?

Only four of the 16 playoff places will be allocated via the Nations League. Those places will go to the 4 highest ranked Nations League Group winners who haven't already booked their place through the qualifying groups. 

WC Qualifying will be based on 12 groups. The 12 group winners qualify automatically and the 12 second place teams go into the playoffs along with the best 4 Nations League group winners. These 16 teams will make up 4 playoff paths similar to the EURO playoff paths.

So, we would need to win our group to book an early playoff spot for the WC2026.

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

WC Qualifying will be based on 12 groups. The 12 group winners qualify automatically and the 12 second place teams go into the playoffs along with the best 4 Nations League group winners. These 16 teams will make up 4 playoff paths similar to the EURO playoff paths.

How are they going to seed the draw for the WC qualifiers? Would be a massive boost to be in Pot 1 there.

9 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

How are they going to seed the draw for the WC qualifiers? Would be a massive boost to be in Pot 1 there.

Not sure. I don't know if they have decided that yet? But if they use the next Nations League, we would need to avoid 4th place in our group to get into the top twelve. Would be fantastic to get into pot 1.