Ticket allocations and SSC points - Page 13 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocations and SSC points

GLOSTA

17 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

It is very clear on the Ticket Booking guide the SSC sent out yesterday:

You will be limited to purchasing your own ticket for each match. For seats together with other SSC members or purchasing on behalf of an u18, there will be further instruction later in the guide

Ok, I just hoped if one person had the 4 codes they could purchase in one transaction

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, HelloJock said:

The higher pointers should get first dibs at the charter flights too, it's only fair. Let the plebs on 12 walk to Germany 

The lower pointers seem to bring more of an atmosphere these days on aways. 

Less of the "Arms folded, is my feather big enough, i'm too important to sing TA" on trips now thankfully. 

3 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

Agree it's a pain. Have to try and coordinate what price bracket you are all going for and hope you all get it for chance of sitting[sic] together.

That's my worry, I could order mine then my sons & be in different price brackets plus the same could to my brother & wife. Makes the 'sit with' option pointless then.

11 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Less of the "Arms folded, is my feather big enough, i'm too important to sing TA" on trips now thankfully. 

The young team are brilliant. I'd rather spend an evening with them bouncing about to Gerry Cinnamon than some of the self important older types, that's for sure.

Can't help get jealous seeing them get to watch us at a tournament in Germany at their age. I was 21 in 2006 and was gutted we never made it. My prime years watching Scotland were without a tournament and that will always annoy me but if i can get my son to a game this time then that would go a long way to making up for it at least

40 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Absolutely this 100% (and i'm 58 years old, but give me the young team anyday 👍)

26 minutes ago, HelloJock said:

The young team are brilliant. I'd rather spend an evening with them bouncing about to Gerry Cinnamon than some of the self important older types, that's for sure.

Can't help get jealous seeing them get to watch us at a tournament in Germany at their age. I was 21 in 2006 and was gutted we never made it. My prime years watching Scotland were without a tournament and that will always annoy me but if i can get my son to a game this time then that would go a long way to making up for it at least

100% this 👍

3 hours ago, HelloJock said:

Same, i was 22 in 2026. Will be 40 in Germany. 

I still to think i'm still in my prime, missus but no kids so got a lot more freedom than a lot of my mates!

19 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

It’s my understanding that won’t be possible although not sure how not. Maybe once downloaded into the app it can’t be transferred (unless you take your mate’s phone?) Maybe stop people buying from SSC if they have no intention of going 

There’s definitely a way round it as there will be hundreds of people who will have a new phone between now and next June.

J

3 hours ago, HelloJock said:

Robbed of our youth. 

It’s like my kids who come along and aged 8 and 5 Hibs win the Scottish Cup. 

No 114 years wait for them. 

Generations of Jibs fans come and gone without a sniff and they are around to win it before they are both 10! 

J

17 hours ago, thesaint said:

Aye but it has never been 32 down to 12 for f.cks sake.It would usually be about three selling points before it reaches 12.To think that somebody who has 32 points doesn't get the chance to buy the price of tickets they want before somebody who has 12 points  defeats the whole purpose of the f.cking supporters club.Unbelievable.

I suppose the points guarantee you a ticket, not the price point of that ticket. 

Surely it will be the 11 pointers who will be in the pricy camp. As that’s all that will be left when 2k go on sale the next day. 

J

I went to WC 06 and WC10, this will be my first euros and first tournament with Scotland there.  I was 21 in 06 so Im another who's prime years was watching mostly dross😂.  My first away game was the McFadden night in Paris so I've got that.  Typical they come good now I've two young kids on the go.  Im planning a week with the first two games.  

On 11/29/2023 at 9:07 PM, GaryWood34 said:

Good update 

Was wondering how the SSC will do this for people on 11pts. Send out 14,000 individual codes and only 2/3000 will be able to purchase? Free for all. Weird one.

Indeed... 2 of my boys on 11 and desperate to go... but will be at work when sale starts and not in places they are allowed personal devices. 

23 hours ago, HelloJock said:

Yeah and i was wondering when they'd send them, will it just be the day before

They won't send tickets. You need to activate them on the UEFA app....

I recall from last Euros they will send a reminder... I think we then can activate on proximity reader near the stadium... but my memory is foggy

45 minutes ago, GLOSTA said:

They won't send tickets. You need to activate them on the UEFA app....

I recall from last Euros they will send a reminder... I think we then can activate on proximity reader near the stadium... but my memory is foggy

He's talking about the 2/3000 codes to the 11000 people 

On 11/29/2023 at 9:07 PM, GaryWood34 said:

Good update 

Was wondering how the SSC will do this for people on 11pts. Send out 14,000 individual codes and only 2/3000 will be able to purchase? Free for all. Weird one.

All 11 pointers are equal in the eyes of the SSC / UEFA, so the SFA only really need to send out a single code that can be used by any of the 7k or so on a first-come, first-served basis. 

I’d assume the data sharing of the database from the SFA->UEFA allows UEFA to ensure that the only email addresses valid for purchasing against the code, in that particular window are those that the SFA have advised as 11 pointers. Same approach for each level. 

I’d expect it to work that way, but maybe they will generate individual codes for everyone. Regardless, it’ll be FCFS below 12 points so doesn’t matter either way. 

Edited by AlfieMoon