Ticket allocations and SSC points - Page 10 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocations and SSC points

GLOSTA

9 hours ago, fazlikeus said:

for the last euros i bought tickets from a reseller and they sent to my phone, I then transfered one of them to my sons phone. Im assuming it will be the same this time. its just a bar code at the gate at the end of the day. no proof of ID was required

It isn't just a barcode. It is an encrypted QR code that dynamically regenerates on your phone. Google Secutix for more info

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, trout101 said:

where did you find a reseller and how did you ensure you didn't get scammed?

I used StubHub. 

Similar concept to Viagogo and these other big ticket sites. I believe they hold the money until after the event - so if you get scammed and enter dispute with them, then the seller is stuck in dispute without having received the money. 

In reality,  the way the UEFA tickets are set up means that they can’t scam you via this type of approach. The seller has to transfer the ticket to you using the email address you registered on the UEFA app. This means that the seller can only transfer the ticket once. It’s not like they can email a barcode to 100 folk. 

When I bought 2x Wembley ticket, the seller transferred them in no time at all.  They appeared in my UEFA app, and I then transferred on the 2nd ticket to my mates UEFA app using his email address. 

Edited by AlfieMoon

3 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Similar concept to Viagogo and these other big ticket sites. I believe they hold the money until after the event - so if you get scammed and enter dispute with them, then the seller is stuck in dispute without having received the money. 

I only have one experience with ViaGoGo and it was for a music concert. My tickets never arrived however I did get a full refund from ViaGoGo, which was surprisingly easy. Problem was, I still didn't have a ticket and had made all travel arrangements, so there is an element of risk.

6 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

I only have one experience with ViaGoGo and it was for a music concert. My tickets never arrived however I did get a full refund from ViaGoGo, which was surprisingly easy. Problem was, I still didn't have a ticket and had made all travel arrangements, so there is an element of risk.

Yes - I meant to mention that. You are correct that there is a risk that the seller doesn’t actually have the tickets to sell. 

So, you’re not financially exposed to risk as part of the ticket sales, but obviously you are open to risk for it fucking your wider plans. 

The only people that I can imagine would post tickets that the don’t actually have would be professional touts or people that expect that they can go and somehow source tickets cheaper than what they would be supplying them to you. They only actually gain money if they sell them. I suppose in theory if the market for a certain game goes crazy, they could fuck you over and then sell at a higher cost. 

Useful link for anyone interested-

https://support.tickets-euro2024.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/10057275920540-Where-are-the-various-price-categories-located-in-the-stadium-

gives a breakdown of the location of each ticket category in each stadium. Certainly more ‘fans first’ tickets than I’d have expected.

Obviously no idea what split we’ll be handed from UEFA

958317D6-B2AE-43D3-B6B8-8DF5CC942F97.jpeg

On 11/27/2023 at 9:42 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Nah, you could only log into the app you downloaded the tickets onto. 

I saw one guy at Wembley who had his mates phone. His mates wife had taken unwell day or two before the game and was in hospital. 

Found a spare phone that I had forgotten even existed so the plan now is to download the app to that and hold all tickets on there.

Planning to take my son to game 1 with him using my mate's ticket, then I'll give his brother my ticket for game 2 in return. Means I wont be left without my own phone while we're over there for any length of time

12 hours ago, Bosh96 said:

Useful link for anyone interested-

https://support.tickets-euro2024.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/10057275920540-Where-are-the-various-price-categories-located-in-the-stadium-

gives a breakdown of the location of each ticket category in each stadium. Certainly more ‘fans first’ tickets than I’d have expected.

Obviously no idea what split we’ll be handed from UEFA

958317D6-B2AE-43D3-B6B8-8DF5CC942F97.jpeg

On 11/23/2023 at 5:25 PM, HelloJock said:

Was hoping to get my son to a game but as he's on 11 points this doesn't look likely

I'm on 20 so will be sorted for all 3 group games, hopefully someone else is in a similar position and is up for a swap and I'd happily give one of the games up

11 should be Ok , not all 32 to 12 pointers will attend these games.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Gonna be a scramble for last 16 tickets. 

I think 1st round gonna be a bigger scramble! Just under 8,000 1-12 pointers. They’ll be given a dedicated window and individual personal code to buy! If it’s 10k tix should be no hassle for anyone, with most folk being able to probably have a choice of what price category they want to buy. The remaining 2-3 k tix are likely to be the higher value ones with over 7k entitled to buy, with a probable first come first serve approach, that to me gonna be  the nervy scramble! 

31 minutes ago, macwomble said:

I think 1st round gonna be a bigger scramble! Just under 8,000 1-12 pointers. They’ll be given a dedicated window and individual personal code to buy! If it’s 10k tix should be no hassle for anyone, with most folk being able to probably have a choice of what price category they want to buy. The remaining 2-3 k tix are likely to be the higher value ones with over 7k entitled to buy, with a probable first come first serve approach, that to me gonna be  the nervy scramble! 

I wonder if it may be a ballot at the points bracket where not all are guaranteed? Then if uptake is lower than available tickets, ballot the next points tier etc. Arguably, more fair than first come, first serve

First email from SSC about Euro 24 tickets also said “We will communicate full sales and ballot information once we have all details from UEFA”

2 minutes ago, Bosh96 said:

I wonder if it may be a ballot at the points bracket where not all are guaranteed? Then if uptake is lower than available tickets, ballot the next points tier etc. Arguably, more fair than first come, first serve

First email from SSC about Euro 24 tickets also said “We will communicate full sales and ballot information once we have all details from UEFA”

I don't think it will be a ballot. Probably just first come first served/ fastest computer wins. But that's just my guess. A ballot would be seen to be fairer by most folk and on this occasion there would be plenty of time to do it. Just have to wait and see I suppose. 

9 minutes ago, mariokempes said:

Question pls.

I'm on 12  son 11 points. 

Would we apply as 1 application or 2 separate applications? 

Obviously if 2 then tiks go to 2 separate emails. 

Those are awkward points totals. I think you will be guaranteed tickets (as there are 7869 folk on 12 and above) but your son will be in the scramble with the other 7100, who are also sitting on 11 points. Depends on your situation. Will you go by yourself if your son doesn't get a ticket? I'm assuming your son is old enough to look after himself for a few hours, unless you are relying on him to look after you? 😉 😂 If you are happy to be separated for the few hours around the game then I would go for separate applications. 

36 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Those are awkward points totals. I think you will be guaranteed tickets (as there are 7869 folk on 12 and above) but your son will be in the scramble with the other 7100, who are also sitting on 11 points. Depends on your situation. Will you go by yourself if your son doesn't get a ticket? I'm assuming your son is old enough to look after himself for a few hours, unless you are relying on him to look after you? 😉 😂 If you are happy to be separated for the few hours around the game then I would go for separate applications. 

Happy to be separated for ever tbh