Injury Watch - Page 18 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Injury Watch

Caledonian Craig

3 hours ago, DesiScotsman said:

The same could be said about Che Adams who only committed himself to play for us once we qualified for Euro 2020. Plus he rejected call ups from us previously under McLeish and in Clarke’s early tenure.

Patterson is definitely out. He’s done his hamstring which is going to require surgery. I like Livramento as a player but he’s said on numerous occasions that he wants to represent England at senior level at some point in his career. So that’s out the window. Looking at the options unless Hickey can make a miraculous return in time (praying that he does🙏🏽🤲🏽), I think it’s probably going to be two players selected out of Ralston/Johnston/McCrorie. Ralston hardly gets a game at Celtic and I was surprised why he didn’t push for a move in January even if it was just on loan to a club that he can get himself regular game time. Johnstone doesn’t get much game time himself and only makes the odd sub appearance for Sturm Graz. McCrorie is the only one that has been playing regularly but I don’t know how he’s been doing at Bristol City.

According to a certain stats site he is pish.

Ralston on the other hand is an above average SPFL player and is kept out of the Celtic team by a very good player. 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, thesaint said:

It's 'unbelievable. Every injury we get seems to be long term and not just a knock. Looks like there could be 5 or 6 different players that weren' t in the last squad. 

It’s the part I’m getting so nervous every time this thread keeps getting bumped up 

Still not convinced that Callum McGregor isn’t just playing through an injury for Celtic too. 

Wondering what other attacking midfielders he’s called up before who could replace Armstrong and Ferguson. 

Turnbull, Fraser and Forrest?! 

Forrest looked lively off the bench today and I guess he could do similar job for Scotland. 

He’ll possibly go for Anderson again, and it could open the door for Doak.

Personally would like Gauld but he’s probably still behind the 4/5 above according to Clarke. 

Edited by Super_Scotlandfan

27 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Bbc say Adam armstrong left pitch on a stretcher…….. but their reporting is usually pish.

I hope it is that Armstrong and not our one

Gauld, Morgan, Turnbull, Doak (if playing) all y'all need to make a statement in the next month with your playing and social media that you can answer your nations call. 

Ffs. I’d been reading folks recents comments on Armstrongs form on here and thinking how positive that would be. We just don’t have the squad depth imo and the euros will be absolute cut throat. I really think it’s going to another embarrassment for us.

28 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Still not convinced that Callum McGregor isn’t just playing through an injury for Celtic too. 

Wondering what other attacking midfielders he’s called up before who could replace Armstrong and Ferguson. 

Turnbull, Fraser and Forrest?! 

Forrest looked lively off the bench today and I guess he could do similar job for Scotland. 

He’ll possibly go for Anderson again, and it could open the door for Doak.

Personally would like Gauld but he’s probably still behind the 4/5 above according to Clarke. 

Tom cairney another consideration. Would be odd to pick a 33 year old squad player that’s never been selected by Clarke before(?) though. 

13 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Gauld, Morgan, Turnbull, Doak (if playing) all y'all need to make a statement in the next month with your playing and social media that you can answer your nations call. 

Morgan is a shout but maybe as an additional striker if it’s a 26 man squad. 

The one positive to come from all these injuries is that Clarke may be forced to take someone like Doak.  Could invisage him coming on in a game and making an impact as I'm sure none of our opponents would even be aware of his existence 

46 minutes ago, todd said:

The one positive to come from all these injuries is that Clarke may be forced to take someone like Doak.  Could invisage him coming on in a game and making an impact as I'm sure none of our opponents would even be aware of his existence 

Has he even recovered from his injury? 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Fraser, Turnbull, Mcrorie, Ralston, Cairney, Forrest and Doak all in serious contention of being in Germany. Mad to think! 

Fraser and Ralston were a good bet to make the squad anyway. Doak is still out injured so cannot see how it can be said he is in serious contention. The rest I will give you.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

19 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Hasn’t McTominay been out as well? Can’t see anyone busting a gut in the June friendlies, won’t want to risk any more injuries.

I made this point a while back, these last 2 friendlies are a no win situation. Lose or play badly and the usual doom mongers will be all over it but, ffs, why the hell would any player risk missing out on, what might well be, their only chance of playing in a major tournament. And the last proper one nation hosted one at that!

1 hour ago, bigfingers said:

Fraser, Turnbull, Mcrorie, Ralston, Cairney, Forrest and Doak all in serious contention of being in Germany. Mad to think! 

Agree although Doak is still injured and there’s been no word on how he’s been getting on with his recovery. I think if UEFA do increase the squad selection size to 26 then both Ralston & Fraser would have made it even if none of these injuries this week would have happened.

Might also give a chance for the two MLS based players in Gauld & Morgan to get into the squad now.

I seriously cannot remember another nation having this much bad luck injury wise going into a major tournament?

Edited by DesiScotsman