Our qualifying group specifically...... - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Our qualifying group specifically......

Big Ramy 1314

15 hours ago, todd said:

Is there actually something inherently wrong with us psychologically? As a nation 😄

We are definitely partly messed up in the head. 

As a sporting nation our psyche is messed up by the media.

We just can't escape our self perception being mixed up with other's perceptions of Scotland as a plucky underdog, for whom glorious failure is natural, or as (sometimes) part of a bigger world-beating sporting nation, that means we can have some of the confidence/arrogance of being a big nation and some of the hang-ups of being a 'smaller' country, but without the self-confidence of a nation that doesn't need to know or care of what its neighbour thinks. 'We boast - then we cower'

When we can't watch our own national team on public TV except when it is in fact broadcast by our traditional biggest rivals, stacked and skewed towards the viewpoint of that nation's media. 

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

if we had went to Georgia in 2007 and won we’d have qualified for Euro 2008

I'm convinced, had we won that time in Georgia, Italy would have then come to Hampden and played for a draw - And in the process they would eliminate France.

Eliminating a major competitor at the finals AND just a year after the Zidane-Matterazzi incident and all that ill-feeling.

18 minutes ago, todd said:

😂 You're obviously a sad Ross-ite like me!

As long as I don't Van Dyke Brown my pants during our next game,  I'll be happy 😊 

😂 guilty as charged. 

Didn’t Gary Lineker Van Dyke Brown his drawers at Italia 90? Might’ve been Cadmium Yellow right enough. 

28 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

😂 guilty as charged. 

Didn’t Gary Lineker Van Dyke Brown his drawers at Italia 90? Might’ve been Cadmium Yellow right enough. 

He sure did, made a right mess of his Liquid White shirt too!  

I need to stop this 😂

18 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Are Scotland shirts Pthalo blue?

😆You realise 90% of folk on this thread haven't a clue what us pair of eejits are on about? Or indeed, it's relevance to our qualifying group, still, it's given me a laugh😂

Edited by todd

7 minutes ago, todd said:

😆You realise 90% of folk on this thread haven't a clue what us pair of eejits are on about? Or indeed, it's relevance to our qualifying group, still, it's given me a laugh😂

😂 Well tough. They should Google Bob Ross. 

Fair point on relevance but it’s probably been the most interesting conversation I’ve had on here in years. 😂

15 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

😂 Well tough. They should Google Bob Ross. 

Fair point on relevance but it’s probably been the most interesting conversation I’ve had on here in years. 😂

Me too mate, and not once did we call each other a cunt 😆

11 hours ago, todd said:

Me too mate, and not once did we call each other a cunt 😆

I appreciate it and am a fellow fan. I could watch him for hours. I'm a bit of a secret fan though. Always turn it off when wife walks in. I feel daft sitting for ages watching a white man with an Afro talking about happy little trees 🌲 and drawing little cabins in the woods when I have no real interest in painting.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Spain beat Norway on Sunday we qualify. Norway draw Spain, we just need a point in our last 2 matches I think.. Dear lord it's fun being Scottish...😂😂😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Norway draw Spain we qualify, they need maximum points- to beat Spain at home and beat us at Hampden. 

16 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Norway draw Spain we qualify, they need maximum points- to beat Spain at home and beat us at Hampden. 

It's not impossible and they do have arguably the best striker in the world. I don't really fancy having to beat Norway at Hampden, I've got some bad memories of that fixture.

1 hour ago, The Black Bra said:

Couldn’t fault the players tonight. Typical it was Hickey who slipped for the 2nd goal, thought he’d been immense tonight.

Yep, between him and McTominay for our man of the match. Injustice of him being the one to slip is only matched by McTominay not getting his goal.