Our qualifying group specifically...... - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Our qualifying group specifically......

Big Ramy 1314

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

4 0 now.

Is a Spain win good or not for us?

Makes it less likely that Georgia will challenge us for second but also makes it harder for us to win the group so hard to tell at this stage. 

Spain were always going to win this game so it doesn’t really change anything.

Good thing is Spain look like they mean business and they should hopefully take care of Norway later in the campaign. 

Automatic qualification pretty much done now. Could even make it without picking up another point (although let's not risk that).

Winning group will be far tougher though with Spain having games in hand and not even playing Cyprus yet.

I take it finishing 2nd dosen't quite guarantee a 2nd seeding for Euro 2024 so that is something to really play for now as would make a huge difference to go in as pot 1 for an actual tournament.

Question, I can't remember correctly

Did we go toe to toe with Spain? I remember they rested a few players, or were they injured, or did Spain just take us for granted.. They wont take us lightly in Madrid that's for sure. Fuck them anyway, I DO remember they were diving all over the park...

32 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

I take it finishing 2nd dosen't quite guarantee a 2nd seeding for Euro 2024 so that is something to really play for now as would make a huge difference to go in as pot 1 for an actual tournament.

If we finish second in the group I would be gobsmacked if we aren't amongst second seeds considering it is worked out on points amassed. Many second placed teams have already dropped points and will probably drop more so a few of them will be ranked below us.

38 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

id we go toe to toe with Spain? I remember they rested a few players, or were they injured, or did Spain just take us for granted.. They wont take us lightly in Madrid that's for sure. 

I won't mind if Spain are in Madrid not taking us lightly as the game's in Seville.