Europe 23/24 - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Sima was the only outfield player to get pass marks last night, and probably for the last few games. I think he might be decent in a better team. Lammers and Dessers look like they’ve won a competition. 

The problems were there 18 months ago but even so the decline has been so rapid. Goodness what half decent manager would want to manage us right now.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Sima was the only outfield player to get pass marks last night, and probably for the last few games. I think he might be decent in a better team. Lammers and Dessers look like they’ve won a competition. 

I still think Lammers could come onto a really good game but he defo isnt producing at the moment. He has great feet, can move the ball quickly and has all the attributes to be a success in Scotland however he seems to be really slow to take advantage of any good work he does. Ie when he rounded Hart, he did the hard part and then was really slow doing the 2nd part. Some good coaching might help him with that.

Dessers is awful and any team that Wright starts in isnt going to be a success. 

Really think Rangers should go 532 with Goldson in the middle, Soutter and King either side, moving into midfield like Scotland do. 

That formation would allow for Sima to play on the right and Yilmaz on the left. Allows 2 up top and an attacking mid. 

just watched the afc v helsinki highlights on you tube - all 2 mins of it - call me old fashioned ; but that's a foul throw before helsinki goal ? unless they've changed the rules on that too

The player taking the throw-in must throw the ball from behind and over the head

and he may have had a foot on the pitch...

not sour grapes ; just noticed over years how nobody cares that much

17 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

just watched the afc v helsinki highlights on you tube - all 2 mins of it - call me old fashioned ; but that's a foul throw before helsinki goal ? unless they've changed the rules on that too

The player taking the throw-in must throw the ball from behind and over the head

and he may have had a foot on the pitch...

not sour grapes ; just noticed over years how nobody cares that much

HJK had quite a few foul throws during the game, the ref was very good at where throw ins were taken but not once did he give a foul throw.

34 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

HJK had quite a few foul throws during the game, the ref was very good at where throw ins were taken but not once did he give a foul throw.

ah well ......

i also wondered if everyone bawling "Duuuuuuuuk" when he's through on goal ; shaping to shoot , puts him off ...?

am lined up to attend the away game in Helsinki ; first Dons away since Athletico Madrid ; wallet and match ticket were dipped on the metro pre game ; then the walk thru the beer bottle shower (just arrived post rammy it turns out) - only got into stadium at half time  -so hoping for a better experience this time .......

29 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

ah well ......

i also wondered if everyone bawling "Duuuuuuuuk" when he's through on goal ; shaping to shoot , puts him off ...?

am lined up to attend the away game in Helsinki ; first Dons away since Athletico Madrid ; wallet and match ticket were dipped on the metro pre game ; then the walk thru the beer bottle shower (just arrived post rammy it turns out) - only got into stadium at half time  -so hoping for a better experience this time .......

Calgary & Aberdeen, Helsinki will be tee shirt weather for you 😎

• 3 weeks later...

Shame that. A wee bit of naïveté and a lack of quality on the bench have done us out of a fantastic result there! Atletico are a filthy bunch but Griezman was a pleasure to watch. Great effort from the coaches and the team tonight 👍

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

TBF a lot of the Celtic fans wouldn't shake Rogers hand either!

That's a daft statement mate. What has BR done to Simeoni? He gets paid millions and can't shake your opposition manager hand? Fuckin snake, always has been a poor loser.,..

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

That's a daft statement mate. What has BR done to Simeoni? He gets paid millions and can't shake your opposition manager hand? Fuckin snake, always has been a poor loser.,..

Was tongue in cheek as even last week there were fans booing his name being sung in the away end in Tynecastle going by videos on Twitter!

21 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Was tongue in cheek as even last week there were fans booing his name being sung in the away end in Tynecastle going by videos on Twitter!

No bother mate. Everyone has their opinion on BR, that's their right. I love him again ..😂😂😂

I thought last night and the previous home match was Celtics best chance of staying in the running for 3rd but I don't see that happening anymore

Tonight, it's similar for Aberdeen. A win is a must if they are going to stay in touch with the rest

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I won't be paying much attention to football till VAR is given a complete overhaul or its gone.

It's ruined football.

I was all for it but those using it are so bad it's scary.

It's made it worse because it compounds human error. I know that a referee can get it wrong or a linesman can get it wrong but now you've got other people who are watching and who have got the benefits of technology and yet they still get it wrong!