ScottFindlay2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OCT 08 GLA-LGW 21:20-22:45 £22.49 at present

OCT 09 LGW-SEV 05:30-09:10

£34.99 at present.

So outwards for less than £60 at the moment, return flights are a different story. My return flights had more than doubled in price last week since I had booked them a few days prior.

• Edinburgh to Santiago, 1 night in Santiago
  • Santiago to Seville, 3 nights in Seville
  • Seville - Santiago - Edinburgh

Booked the outwards flights a month ago, booked the return flights when the game was confirmed as being in Seville.

I booked Edinburgh to Madrid direct with EasyJet a while ago, flights are more than twice the price now though!

It looks like you can do Edinburgh to Madrid via Stansted with a combination of Ryanair and EasyJet for about £160. 

I plan on getting the train from Mardid to Seville and back - takes about 2.5 hours each way.

11 minutes ago, Goozay said:

I booked Edinburgh to Madrid direct with EasyJet a while ago, flights are more than twice the price now though!

It looks like you can do Edinburgh to Madrid via Stansted with a combination of Ryanair and EasyJet for about £160. 

I plan on getting the train from Mardid to Seville and back - takes about 2.5 hours each way.

What dates are you looking at the train, that's going to be our route most likely - flying from and back to Zurich 

1 hour ago, lyonhibs said:

What dates are you looking at the train, that's going to be our route most likely - flying from and back to Zurich 

Flight is meant to land at Madrid Airport at 1610 on Wednesday 11 October, so will probably get a flexible ticket for the trains that leave Mardid after 1800.

Cheap train tickets from Madrid aren't available yet though, will keep checking...

57 minutes ago, Goozay said:

Flight is meant to land at Madrid Airport at 1610 on Wednesday 11 October, so will probably get a flexible ticket for the trains that leave Mardid after 1800.

Cheap train tickets from Madrid aren't available yet though, will keep checking...

If you look on the trainline there's some for £25. £15 ones don't think will suit your times.

5 hours ago, hamilton wanderer said:

looks like Sport Options are doing a 1 night option (out on Wednesday morning and straight back after the game on Thursday) for around £550

Wonkey Sheep doing a day trip (no details yet)

Seems a bit expensive but there’s not much cheap for those dates of the game. We were over £300 via Palma on way out and back via Paris. 

Hopefully they get the numbers, as it would be good for them to build a bit of reliability for fans to have confidence that they would be running trips for most games the way Passport Travel used to.

Thinking back 15/20 years, Passport were routinely about £400 for 2 nighters from memory so considering inflation, etc. you’d probably say anything around the £500 is prob worth it for the convenience factor of direct flights. 

I booked Manchester Sevilla direct Ryanair Monday night 9th..£24.99...its £61 now, bus still runs you into city late....Return Sevilla via Geneva Easyjet Friday 13th £68.. ? Now returns around 5hrs arriving afternoon around £130..

...Train from Edinburgh or Glasgow straight to Manchester Airport is £27 return...( I have railcard ) its around £38 return and can be booked now.

Edited by The Bunnet

It is a big national holiday in Spain so not much going to be cheap. Spanish railways pretty good and about 2.5 hours from Madrid to Spain. Going to Madrid is a good option. You can book in advance with renfe.es or with trainline if you have that.

We are doing Gatwick to Seville with BA and coming back with Vueling.