Season 23/24 - Page 58 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Why is so hard for ex pros plus Michael Stewart to understand that a defender can get a touch on a ball but if they kick a player in the same action a pen can be given? Why do they think their view trumps that of  experienced ex refs, most pundits and general sensible objective fans ?

Still waiting for you to tell me which law you were referring to specifically

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Still waiting for you to tell me which law you were referring to specifically

"Under Law 12, a foul should be given when a player “tackles an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball." That would suggest Johnston would be in the clear as he did appear to make contact with the ball first.

-  there is a caveat if the defending player is deemed “careless, reckless, or using excessive force.”

Careless” is when the player has not exercised due caution in making his play, “reckless” means that the player has made unnatural movements designed to intimidate an opponent or to gain unfair advantage. And "excessive force” is when the player has far exceeded the use of force necessary to make a fair play for the ball and has placed his opponent in considerable danger of bodily harm.

Edited by EddardStark

Under IFAB rules, a challenge can still be a penalty if the defending player gets the ball first and the officials deem the tackle to be careless, reckless or has excess force.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/celtic-fire-off-sfa-missive-175806472.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAILHqBWOTVb3CeFWFN94sh2w_cU05ljij_M6wQqJNglHOGYokswORxUMcwUfHMD9x2byWRHvAFz44tU7r1xi2hWvPFnma1hRIyrFk4v0WqNOVSCE3QfPfgXIcaYJ5kWNiYN97ey_NeSYjIj7kG4XhxkZojQyUSvLiBaKBy87thSd

Celtic obviously seeking clarity, for once I understand why they are asking for clarity. Usually i would put it down to appeasing their fan base but i think clarity is required. 

I don't think the tackle was careless, reckless and there definitely wasn't excess force

Just now, EddardStark said:

"Under Law 12, a foul should be given when a player “tackles an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball." That would suggest Johnston would be in the clear as he did appear to make contact with the ball first.

-  there is a caveat if the defending player is deemed “careless, reckless, or using excessive force.”

do you think the tackle was “careless, reckless, or using excessive force.”

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

do you think the tackle was “careless, reckless, or using excessive force.”

Certainly careless. He left high leg high and he left it hanging and Silva did what most players would do. Ran through it. 

1 minute ago, EddardStark said:

Certainly careless. He left high leg high and he left it hanging and Silva did what most players would do. Ran through it. 

Disagree, in slow motion thats what it looks like. In real time he is falling over - not being careless. Beaton saw half a video in slow motion and fell for it, I actually feel for him because his first instinct was correct - book Fabio for cheating...again

36 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Why is so hard for ex pros plus Michael Stewart to understand that a defender can get a touch on a ball but if they kick a player in the same action a pen can be given? Why do they think their view trumps that of  experienced ex refs, most pundits and general sensible objective fans ?

And more importantly, the laws of the game!

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

And more importantly, the laws of the game!

Like the law being quoted above which is subjective, nobody with 100% certainty can say the tackle was reckless, careless or excessive force

23 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Typical response. No surprise... Our physio was also bottled in the face last time at Ibrox, how soon we forget....

I've been hit with a coin at Parkhead. I also had the misfortune of being there the day you lost the league at RP in 2003. I can assure you, it was the worst display of scumminess i've ever seen from an away support. I've certainly seen more objects thrown at us in the away end at Ibrox than at Parkhead but Celtic certainly can't take the moral high ground here. There are a high degree of coked up weapons in your support currently too. 

Looks like you will be at RP last game of the season and thank fuck i've a stag do. 

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I've been hit with a coin at Parkhead. I also had the misfortune of being there the day you lost the league at RP in 2003. I can assure you, it was the worst display of scumminess i've ever seen from an away support. I've certainly seen more objects thrown at us in the away end at Ibrox than at Parkhead but Celtic certainly can't take the moral high ground here. There are a high degree of coked up weapons in your support currently too. 

Looks like you will be at RP last game of the season and thank fuck i've a stag do. 

Oh dear.. Your mob are angels anaw !!! Let's all ignore the Huns and focus on Celtic... Hope we fuck you over at RP by the way.... HH

17 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

So the Celtic fans throwing bottles at Steven Gerrard after he scored a penalty in a charity match a year ago was just made up ?

There is no fucking false equivalence which is the point i was trying to make in my post

And as for "incapable of providing a secure environment" are you for real ?

As long as there is a Rangers and Celtic these things will happen

There are times when one side will be worse than the other but they will take turns at it

And this was 2 years ago when away fans were still allowed

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/scottish-news/20107662.rangers-celtic-fans-throw-bottles-shocking-scenes-old-firm-game/

They were exchanging bottles, flares etc over the segregation with Lazio fans only a matter of months ago. Selective memory springs to mind. 

Here's a recent one at Parkhead. 

Can't even believe there's Celtic fans with the brass neck to take a moral high ground on this subject. 

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

FFS.. Here we go again.. Grow a set of balls man..m

Grow a set of balls for what? 

2 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh dear.. Your mob are angels anaw !!! Let's all ignore the Huns and focus on Celtic... Hope we fuck you over at RP by the way.... HH

I've never once said Killie fans are angels. 

I saw killie fans at New Year through stuff back into the Rangers end when it was thrown into our end at Ibrox. Two wrongs don't make a right. 

I'm just an overgrown man child who is completely incapable of taking any criticism of his team. 

Did Celtic fans launch missles at Lazio fans this season? Did Celtic fans throw bottles at Gerrard at Anfield? Simple yes or no answer. If the answer is Yes, then no idea how you can take the moral high ground now. 

22 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Something Celtic fans have absolutely mastered. 

Not bad at it yourself I see 🤔

No one is looking for moral high ground (well maybe Ramy is) but the way that fans of some other clubs have now sprung into full whataboutery mode on the huns behalf is quite the thing.

If you’d just returned from a few days on a secluded island and came on here for a look - you could be forgiven for thinking that Celtic fans had trashed Ibrox at the weekend and Kyogo had been guilty of outrageous cheating!

Embarrassing stuff 🙄

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Is that right aye? So I'm a bigot now? I said I and a 90 minute "bigot"when we play Sevco, big difference.

I know that you will add 2 and 2 and get 79 here, but...

A rapist is only a rapist for 10 minutes, but he is really a rapist forever after that event. A murderer is only a murderer for the duration of the kill, but he will forever be a murderer. Thats how these things work.

You are either guilty of the offence, or youre not. You can't just decide that it doesn't count because someone else did it as well, that isn't big boy behaviour. If you're a bigot, own it, be the man and own up to it.

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

A rapist is only a rapist for 10 minutes, but he is really a rapist forever after that event. A murderer is only a murderer for the duration of the kill, but he will forever be a murderer. Thats how these things work.

You are either guilty of the offence, or youre not. You can't just decide that it doesn't count because someone else did it as well, that isn't big boy behaviour. If you're a bigot, own it, be the man and own up to it.

Aye ok !

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Sources tell me Celtic will be at Rugby Park in midweek for the second last game, St Mirren v Killie on the final Saturday.

Edited by Toepoke

6 hours ago, kumnio said:

Ok, pay attention numbnuts... Have you ever, ever, called an Englishman, or an English announcer, or a player representing England, or a referee who missed a blatant call,  a derogatory term during a Scotland v England match ?? If you answer yes, your a Bigot, if you answer NO, your a fuckin liar !!! I am only going by your logic in the post above ...