Tickets for Germany - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets for Germany

Daddymac1888

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, GroundsKeeper said:

Euro 2020/21 was obviously reduced capacities due to Covid.

To the credit of the  SFA I understand they gave most if not all of their allocation to the SSC due to the pandemic.

IF we do make Germany and the SFA get 16 percent of the stadiums capacity do not expect the SSC to get the 16 percent.

Players, sponsors and hangers on will get a percentage.

Also heard UEFA are considering 10K per competing nation instead of 16%. Again how may of those tickets will be passed onto the SSC is unclear.

But the points tally required may be higher than the 12 quoted previously.

This leaves me a bit unsure what to do. Currently on 14 points should move to 16 after Spain game. Should I be applying for tickets in the ballot or not ? 
Another question,  is it likely to be the same  people within the SSC, ie those on highest points, who get first chance of tickets for every game,  or will those people be restricted on buying tickets for second game for example if they already have a ticket for the first game ? 

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

This leaves me a bit unsure what to do. Currently on 14 points should move to 16 after Spain game. Should I be applying for tickets in the ballot or not ? 
Another question,  is it likely to be the same  people within the SSC, ie those on highest points, who get first chance of tickets for every game,  or will those people be restricted on buying tickets for second game for example if they already have a ticket for the first game ? 

I will sit tight just now. You'd be buying tickets blindly for fixtures you don't know the make-up of yet and you probably have a 1 in 10 chance of you buying a ticket and Scotland end up playing in that match.

16 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I will sit tight just now. You'd be buying tickets blindly for fixtures you don't know the make-up of yet and you probably have a 1 in 10 chance of you buying a ticket and Scotland end up playing in that match.

Thanks. Think you are probably right. 

23 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Remember there will be more games to come too so points will still be available. 

35 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

14 points will put you in the top 3000-4000 and it’s difficult to imagine a distribution of minimum 7000 tickets that wouldn’t get you one, no matter how many the SFA cream off. 

I’m on 14 and I’m assuming I’ll be ok.

I did apply for tickets for the opening game, the semis and the final - a long shot to get them but you never know!

Edited by adamntg

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

The UEFA website will only let you buy tickets for one game on any particular day. So, if you just happen to get a ticket in the ballot for a day that Scotland are playing, the website won't let you buy a Scotland ticket for the same day via the SFA allocation. It's explained in more detail somewhere else on here. You'll find if you have a look about.

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

14 points will put you in the top 3000-4000 and it’s difficult to imagine a distribution of minimum 7000 tickets that wouldn’t get you one, no matter how many the SFA cream off. 

I’m on 14 and I’m assuming I’ll be ok.

I did apply for tickets for the opening game, the semis and the final - a long shot to get them but you never know!

Thanks. Hope you are right. And good luck with the other games. I would need a lottery win and a new job to hang around that long 😁

1 hour ago, saintydave said:

The tickets will go on sale in December, UEFA want your money as quickly as possible, so no more points available after Georgia

yeah, I am not going to France or Georgia so this is the maximum i will have.

35 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The UEFA website will only let you buy tickets for one game on any particular day. So, if you just happen to get a ticket in the ballot for a day that Scotland are playing, the website won't let you buy a Scotland ticket for the same day via the SFA allocation. It's explained in more detail somewhere else on here. You'll find if you have a look about.

I know that, that is why I am asking the question. I was unsure how many points I would need to feel guaranteed I will get ticket/s through the SSC. I don’t want to get a ticket in the ballot for a game that doesn’t involve Scotland then lose out on a Scotland ticket via the SSC on the same day. If I felt i had enough points to be safe I wouldn’t apply at all for the ballot. It sounds fairly positive I will have enough , but it may be borderline if a load of tickets go to corporate etc. 

1 hour ago, saintydave said:

The tickets will go on sale in December, UEFA want your money as quickly as possible, so no more points available after Georgia

Our tickets? really? that's mental. well, think we all know what Mrs Bzzzz will be getting for Christmas then 😂

For those that missed out on last Euros (covid cut the allocations) be prepared for the joy of tix only available via the UEFA app and having to go a couple of hoops to activate them on the way into the ground...

To be fair it worked OK, but the fear of a flat battery haunted me all day.

Edited by GLOSTA

13 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

For those that missed out on last Euros (covid cut the allocations) be prepared for the joy of tix only available via the UEFA app and having to go a couple of hoops to activate them on the way into the ground...

To be fair it worked OK, but the fear of a flat battery haunted me all day.

My phone went into a "talk back mode" at the turn styles for the opening game at hampden vs the Czechs.

Complete nightmare and if it wasn't for the help from a fellow TA it would have ended in disastour.

Obviously the activation thing is to stop ticket touts and people forging tickets but yes it was stressfull.

2 hours ago, stirlish said:

I wont have enough points for SFA tickets.

If i apply for a few matches in the ballot and I'm successful do i have to accept them? 

The matches could be utter dungmeat or even worse, England!

You can resell them on the UEFA resell platform.

What if one of the tickets you get is England v Scotland? 😉

13 hours ago, stirlish said:

If i apply for a few matches in the ballot and I'm successful do i have to accept them? 

If you do get tickets through the first ballot there's a deadline to pay for them, so if you don't want to go to them don't pay.

Problem is you can't pick & choose, so if you've tried for 10 matches & get them & a couple of them are  Scotland games, you've got to accept the 10 (or how many games you're successful in) or none at all.

I've applied for around 10 matches, but it's my understanding there isn't a swap portal, and we won't know the teams involved intil after we accept the tickets. So it's a totally blind gamble, with the odds totally against getting any decent games.

Edited by deso1