Tickets for Germany - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets for Germany

Daddymac1888

25 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

If we qualify and our games are nowhere near Düsseldorf you’re going to have to either stay there and potentially travel huge distances for our games or cancel the hotel and book another one. 

Düsseldorf is about as far away from Berlin, Leipzig and Munich as London is from Glasgow. Fair play to you though, we are all different.

We’ll probably stay in the cities where we are playing on the night of the games and stay in places a good bit away from the host cities in between our games. Takes a bit of planning but that’s half the fun. 

Probably cancel hotels and book others if I manage to get tickets if I don’t get tickets probably just stay In Düsseldorf. I picked Düsseldorf as there are 4 venues close by (close as 1 hour away).  Good luck in your planning it’s a bit of a lottery as well right now I hoping Scotland are 2nd seeds (pot 2) and in group E no asking for much 😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

You can pre register for tickets now

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/ticketing/

Never used a 3rd party ticket company, wouldn’t be paying that amount. 
At the moment I’m just happy to be in Germany when it’s on, don’t expect to get any tickets but would love to even take in a non Scotland game if possible.

Going as well with no tickets (Berlin).  After I never renewed my Travel Club I just went anyway.  I have never been to a trip without getting a ticket.  Even Brazil opener in France.  £200 right enough and had a French name on it so I never took it.  Just went to the supprters park nearby where we got some beers and watched it on the big screen.

10 hours ago, Daddymac1888 said:

Was just talking about that today it’s a something I thinking about 👍 and I just cancel hotels no harm done it’s just the drive there and back which is the negative 

There were 6 of us went to France.  We thought about about hiring a campervan.  Then realised none of us would be sober enough to drive it!!

12 hours ago, Daddymac1888 said:

Probably cancel hotels and book others if I manage to get tickets if I don’t get tickets probably just stay In Düsseldorf. I picked Düsseldorf as there are 4 venues close by (close as 1 hour away).  Good luck in your planning it’s a bit of a lottery as well right now I hoping Scotland are 2nd seeds (pot 2) and in group E no asking for much 😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Dusseldorf is good base & great for places to eat & drink. Local train travel is free in Germany on match day with your ticket. Not sure if this will apply though being a tournament. We did it for free to Dortmund when we last played.

• 2 weeks later...

Best bet if not sure of SSC ticket is register via UEFA... I think you can still select 'follow my team' but no idea if that impacts on the public ballot.

E.g. I registered as a safety bet in last Euros and didn't get a ticket for any game via that route. My golf buddy down here,  who is England daft, got tix for both Scotland games at Hampden. As it happens I got SSC tix for all three games anyway.

My recollection is that each team got 15% allocation (maybe it was 16 as suggested earlier). When bored last weekend I went through the stadiums on the schedule.

If at 15% the lowest allocated to any team would be 6300 tix at Leipzig. Dusseldorf, Cologne and Frankfurt 7000 each.

Hamburg and Gelsenkirchen 7500

Stuttgart 8100

Dortmund and Munich it would be 10,000. 

Berlin 10500

As it stands at todays points on the SSC table anyone 12 points or above would get a ticket.... but I would expect that to rise as away attendance increases. 

Not counting my chickens yet....

4 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

Best bet if not sure of SSC ticket is register via UEFA... I think you can still select 'follow my team' but no idea if that impacts on the public ballot.

E.g. I registered as a safety bet in last Euros and didn't get a ticket for any game via that route. My golf buddy down here,  who is England daft, got tix for both Scotland games at Hampden. As it happens I got SSC tix for all three games anyway.

My recollection is that each team got 15% allocation (maybe it was 16 as suggested earlier). When bored last weekend I went through the stadiums on the schedule.

If at 15% the lowest allocated to any team would be 6300 tix at Leipzig. Dusseldorf, Cologne and Frankfurt 7000 each.

Hamburg and Gelsenkirchen 7500

Stuttgart 8100

Dortmund and Munich it would be 10,000. 

Berlin 10500

As it stands at todays points on the SSC table anyone 12 points or above would get a ticket.... but I would expect that to rise as away attendance increases. 

Not counting my chickens yet....

Defo been 16% per team for last 2 finals tournaments.  So Leipzig, 6,880 would be the lowest. 

So based on @AlfieMoon sound facts.... and the capacities on the Uefa schedule graphic (if they have used correct numbers) the allocations would be

Leipzig 42000/6720

Cologne 47000/ 7520

Dusseldorf 47000/7520

Frankfurt 48000/ 7680

Hamburg 50000/8000

Gelsenkirchen 50000/ 8000

Stuttgart 54000/ 8640

Dortmund 66000/ 10560

Munich 67000/ 10720

Berlin 70000/11200

Can imagine the stands won't neatly match those numbers  though..

20230702_154636.jpg

Edited by GLOSTA
added image

6 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

So based on @AlfieMoon sound facts.... and the capacities on the Uefa schedule graphic (if they have used correct numbers) the allocations would be

Leipzig 42000/6720

Cologne 47000/ 7520

Dusseldorf 47000/7520

Frankfurt 48000/ 7680

Hamburg 50000/8000

Gelsenkirchen 50000/ 8000

Stuttgart 54000/ 8640

Dortmund 66000/ 10560

Munich 67000/ 10720

Berlin 70000/11200

Can imagine the stands won't neatly match those numbers  though..

20230702_154636.jpg

While I’m being helpful …. 😁 

here’s the graphic to the photo you’ve posted…. 

euro_2024_match_schedule.pdf

Technologically advanced @AlfieMoon....

One other thing that graphic tells you is that convenient locations for fans to base themselves in, for any group, has not been a priority for UEFA. There will be a lot of shuttling around on trains. I think you can still get a €30 ticket that lasts a month on the Regional trains. As others have said, normally for Germany games the match ticket gets you free match day travel, but will they do that for the Euros?

1 hour ago, GLOSTA said:

Technologically advanced @AlfieMoon....

One other thing that graphic tells you is that convenient locations for fans to base themselves in, for any group, has not been a priority for UEFA. There will be a lot of shuttling around on trains. I think you can still get a €30 ticket that lasts a month on the Regional trains. As others have said, normally for Germany games the match ticket gets you free match day travel, but will they do that for the Euros?

I think it’s not bad to be honest. The groups are contained geographically - at least to some extent.   It’s not like you’re having to go Munich > Berlin > Stuttgart. 

There’s a bit of a north / south split of groups but no getting away from that having to be combining with places in the middle/west like Koln, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf. 

Edited by AlfieMoon

Hi

I have contacted UEFA ticket office and they confirm that exact prices are not ready to publish yet. The post (scottincarlisle) earlier suggested that Cat 3 tickets will be available for 30 Euros is not fact. The 30 Euros tickets were for a few countries in the last tournament to allow for the spending power of the East European countries who hosted.

50 Euros is also suggested for Cat 3 in the post and it would be great if this remained the same for 2024 but with inflation as it is I doubt it but I hope I am wrong. One mans wage increase is another mans dearer ticket!

Regarding train travel German Railways (DB) have come on board with the tournament and you can find details on UEFA.com website. It will publish details in 2024 but is mostly about the fast IC and ICE trains. In some cases normal local trains may be the better offer and I do not expect free match travel for the tournament.

I have been to several EURO tournaments and hopefully we will make it this time.

Stay cool and the tickets will come.

On 6/28/2023 at 12:55 PM, Texas Pete said:

Around 32% of tickets should be available to the football associations of qualified countries based on 2016 and 2020 so if we qualify we should get around 16% of the overall capacity for each match.

This is not exact and there could be differences depending on the stadium (I’m sure we got 16% for our games at Hampden and slightly less than that for the game at Wembley in 2021). 

If we assume we would get 16% for each game this would range from 6720 tickets for games in Leipzig (you would currently need 12 points to guarantee a ticket) to 11200 tickets for Berlin (11 points would be required to guarantee a ticket) so it’s fairly safe to say 5 points o would not be be enough. 

A lot of 12 and 11 pointers will likely only go to home games so I suspect people with fewer points will manage to get tickets via the Supporters Club but there are currently over 26000 members with 5 points or more so there’s pretty much no chance of it going down that low. 

They're pretty good odds really. 

• 2 months later...

Anyone know if they’re planning to do ‘Follow my team’ type tickets for the sales ballot in October? 

Website seems a bit sparse on detail. Wasn’t sure if they would only let you apply for random games in certain cities without actually knowing who would be playing - or will it have the option to apply for tickets for a selected country? 

On 9/19/2023 at 10:09 PM, AlfieMoon said:

Anyone know if they’re planning to do ‘Follow my team’ type tickets for the sales ballot in October? 

Website seems a bit sparse on detail. Wasn’t sure if they would only let you apply for random games in certain cities without actually knowing who would be playing - or will it have the option to apply for tickets for a selected country? 

Well there's certainly no "Follow My Team" option right now - the portal just opened and I went straight in.

1 minute ago, Andy C said:

Well there's certainly no "Follow My Team" option right now - the portal just opened and I went straight in.

Was reading a bit more about it last night. 

The FAQ says there’s another sales phase after qualifying and draw - 2nd Dec.  Their wording is open to interpretation as to whether this is tickets that go specifically via national association, or ticket for ‘follow my team’ via UEFA, or a mix of both.  Bit of debate about it on Twitter as well but it’s really not clear. 

4 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Was reading a bit more about it last night. 

The FAQ says there’s another sales phase after qualifying and draw - 2nd Dec.  Their wording is open to interpretation as to whether this is tickets that go specifically via national association, or ticket for ‘follow my team’ via UEFA, or a mix of both.  Bit of debate about it on Twitter as well but it’s really not clear. 

You're right, it's not.  I've just finished applying for one game every day, hoping something will just drop nice when the draw is made.  We'll see, of course.  Good luck to everyone who applies!

Had a look for tickets on the Uefa site just now as well, pointless doing anything until the tournament draw is made, no follow my team option as far as I can see either, only country who can really register for tickets at the moment is Germany, they have the option to select the 3 group games they will be involved in 

9 minutes ago, SY Cove said:

Looks like 2nd of December is the date to wait until you can try for ticket's 

Screenshot_20231003_180859_edit_677634253582538.jpg

Correct. Don’t know anything until 2nd December - but it is as yet unclear what that means in terms of allocation to the SSC and any separate specific allocations to Scotland fans via UEFA. 

Found this today on the Scotlands Coefficient Twitter page...very informative.

🏴󐁧󐁢󐁳󐁣󐁴󐁿 Scotland can qualify for Euro 2024 as early as Thursday 12th October if we manage a draw in Spain OR Norway don’t win in Cyprus on the same night. I will caveat this entire blog by stating that with 3 games left, Scotland could still make an arse of qualification yet. But it’s highly unlikely.

🇩🇪 So how do you get tickets for the tournament in Germany? The UEFA Euro 2024 random ticket ballot opens TODAY - Tuesday 3rd October at 1pm

📅 Tickets for all 51 matches can be applied for right up until Thursday 26th October and it’s a random ballot of all entrants - so it doesn’t matter when you apply over the next 3 weeks.

However even once we’ve qualified, we won’t know when or where our games will be until the group stage draw in Hamburg on Saturday 2nd December. Therefore, it makes the random ballot application a complete lottery as you will need to apply for fixtures & locations with no idea if Scotland will be in your selected games or not. For this reason, UEFA is offering an official resale platform in Spring 2024. So, if you are successful for tickets in the ballot but get games you don’t want or can’t attend – you can sell them officially to other fans before the tournament starts.

🎟️ There are 2.7 million total tickets across all 51 Euro 2024 matches. 1.2million tickets will be allocated through the random UEFA ballot, with a further 1 million going to supporters of the 24 participating countries. The final 500,000 tickets will be UEFA commercial partners & hospitality.

💶 The starting price for the tickets is €30 with around 10% of total tickets costing €30 and 1 million tickets will cost less than €60. There are 4 categories of tickets, and the most expensive group stage ticket will be €200 - with each knockout round increasing in price right up until the final where the most expensive ticket will cost €1,000. However, 10,000 of the final tickets will cost less than €100.

🔼 You can apply for no more than 4 tickets per match, and although you can apply for all matches – a maximum of one match per day will be allocated. Even if you applied for all 36 group stage games, as they are across 13 days it means the MAXIMUM number of group stage games you could be successful in is 13.

️ This is the important bit – if you are a Scotland fan that attends game regularly and has 10 or more Scotland Supporters Club points, I would advise NOT entering the ballot. This is because the UEFA ticketing app will only allow 1 game per day. Therefore, if you were successful in the ballot in tickets for a game on Sunday 16th June for example, if Scotland were drawn to play in either of the other two games on the 16th – YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PURCHASE A TICKET FOR THE SCOTLAND GAME.

🌼 You also can’t resell these ballot tickets until Spring 2024 and it’s likely the SFA would sell their tickets before then, so you’d be stuck with tickets to the non-Scotland fixture on that date. The English FA have already offered this advice to England fans ahead of the random ballot.

🔟 If you don’t have 10 or more SSC points, but plan on going to Germany anyway (see the quoted Euro 2024 travel post), then you may as well enter the ballot and see if you get anything - you can then sell them on the resale platform if you can't make the game.

🎰However, unfortunately, with only 1.2million tickets in the ballot and a maximum of 4 tickets per person, there might only be 300,000 successful applicants across the hundreds of millions of fans across Europe. Thus, the chance of landing a ticket for ANY Scotland group stage game through the ballot is extremely small.

🪭 If you are unsuccessful in the initial UEFA ballot, then you are entered into the 'Fans First' programme. 'Fans First' will be emailed and offered the chance to buy any remaining tickets, according to their initial ranking in the UEFA ballot. This will be after any returned tickets through failed payments, or that come available through the resale platform.

🏴󐁧󐁢󐁳󐁣󐁴󐁿 The good news for Scotland Supporters Club members is that there are a further 1 million tickets allocated to the competing nations, with the SFA using the SSC points system to allow SSC members to purchase tickets through the UEFA app, sometime after the December draw.

🏟️ Based on previous tournaments, each team can expect an official allocation of around 16% of stadium capacity.
- At the smallest stadium in Leipzig the capacity is 42,000 which gives an expected allocation of about 6,720.
- At the largest stadium, the Olympiastadion in Berlin, the capacity is 70,000 so an expected allocation of around 11,200.
- Most of the stadiums are 47,000 seats or more and so for MOST Scotland games we can expect an official allocation of at least 7,520.

📊 At the current SSC points standings there are 7,132 members with 12 or more points, so that will likely be the number of points needed to guarantee a ticket for most stadia. The SFA will release details of the ticketing arrangements after the group has been confirmed in December.

💰 If you don’t have enough points, are realistic about your slim chances in the random ballot, but want to secure a ticket at any cost then hospitality packages can be bought NOW. 2024-hospitality.com/en/global/hosp…

🏴󐁧󐁢󐁳󐁣󐁴󐁿 Through UEFA’s “Follow my team” hospitality packages, these are the ONLY tickets that you can choose to buy for a specific country's game from UEFA. Marketed as “Scotland 1st Group stage match" you can choose any of the 3 group stage games. They have two price points of either €1,850 or €1,250, and so they aren’t cheap

Euro 2020/21 was obviously reduced capacities due to Covid.

To the credit of the  SFA I understand they gave most if not all of their allocation to the SSC due to the pandemic.

IF we do make Germany and the SFA get 16 percent of the stadiums capacity do not expect the SSC to get the 16 percent.

Players, sponsors and hangers on will get a percentage.

Also heard UEFA are considering 10K per competing nation instead of 16%. Again how may of those tickets will be passed onto the SSC is unclear.

But the points tally required may be higher than the 12 quoted previously.